[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 78

File: 1422961977018.jpg (307KB, 820x1230px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422961977018.jpg
307KB, 820x1230px
The raw is out.

I will be translating Kaori's letter itt.

Sit tight and bring tissues.
>>
>>120795742
"Fuck you baseball"
>>
>>120795742
thanks i'll be here op
>>
"I didn't want to die a virgin so I enjoyed Watari's dick. Have fun with your piano or whatever."
>>
>>120795742
>Bringing tissues
Well i guess tears of joy should be wiped away as well
>>
>>120795742
All he has to do is collect the dragon balls and wish her back. It's not like it's a big deal...
>>
>>120795742
>Dear Arima Kousei,
>
>It feels weird writing a letter to someone you were just with...
>
>You're the worst.
>
>Indecisive. Gullible. Twit.
>
>The first time I ever saw you perform, I was 5 years old. It was at a recital for the piano school I was going to. This awkward, clumsy kid came onto the stage and accidentally hit the piano stool with his butt. It was too funny. He turned to the piano that was way too big for him and the moment he played that first note, I was drawn in.
>>
>>120796376
>The sound was beautiful, like a 24-colour palette. The melodies danced.
>
>The girl next to me started crying. I wasn't expecting that at all.
>
>And even so, you gave up the piano. Even though it totally changed other people's lives. You're the worst. Indecisive. Gullible. Twit.
>
(Cut to Kaori as a kid, telling her parents she's giving up piano for violin because she wants Kousei to play again.)
>>
>>120796595
>When I found out we were in the same middle school, I was ecstatic. But how would I ever come to talk to you? Maybe I'd hang out at the lunch concession. Instead, I just watched you from afar.
>
>I mean. After all. You all seemed to get along so well. There wasn't really any space in there for someone like me, was there.
>>
>>120796784
>When I was a kid, I had to have an operation and I started having to be at the hospital for regular check-ups. In the first year of middle school, I collapsed and I was admitted over and over. With every visit, I was there for longer and longer. Really, I didn't get to class much in middle school, I spent more time at the hospital. And I knew something was wrong with my body.
>
>One night, I saw my parents crying in the waiting room and I knew that my time was running out.
>
>That's when I ran away.
>>
>>120796595
>Sitting next to Emi
Is this some sort of best girl mix up
>>
;_;
>>
>>120797029
>I didn't want to bring my regrets with me to heaven, so I stopped holding back from what the things I always wanted to do.
>I wasn't scared anymore to get contact lenses.
>I ate what I wanted instead of always worrying about my weight.
>And I took the music with all its high and mighty directives and played it the way I wanted.
>
>And then I told a lie. Just one.
>>
yep here it comes
>>
So... she's irrefutably, 100% confirmed kill, right?
>>
>>120797634
the amount of death flags is simply not survivable
>>
>>120795742
Thanks, Based OP.
>>
File: 1422883069240.jpg (143KB, 580x846px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422883069240.jpg
143KB, 580x846px
>>120797634
unless she wake sup from the grave she's dead
>>
>>120797348
>I lied and said that I, Miyazono Kaori, liked Watari Ryouta.
>
>And that lie brought you to me.
>
>Please apologize to Watari for me... though I'm sure he's forgotten me by now
>I think I need someone more wholehearted and earnest than him.
>I think we'd be fine as friends though.
>
>And please apologize to Tsubasa for me too.
>I want for there to be no hard feelings. And there was one thing I could never ask of her, to ask her directly to introduce the two of us.
>I don't think she would've had an answer for me.
>After all, she was in love with you.
>We all knew that.
>I think the only people who didn't know were you and her.
>>
>>120797921
;_;

not surprised though
>>
NO

FUCK NO

I WILL DENY EVERYTHING

PLEASE BRING HER BACK
>>
File: 1409004135336.jpg (7KB, 228x221px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1409004135336.jpg
7KB, 228x221px
>>120797921
>Tsubasa
The football player?
>>
>>120797094
totally agree.
>>
>>120797921
>Tsubasa
who?

>>120798012
she's Sawabe Tsubaki
>>
>>120797348

>I lied when I told that I liked Watari, I only enjoyed his middle-sized soccer player japanese cock
>>
>>120797921
I'm not mad or anything since it was obvious she was kirakira for the pianobowl, but I hope this letter is at least an opportunity to baseball to win. Just so an osananajimi has her day.
>>
File: m0090.jpg (99KB, 693x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
m0090.jpg
99KB, 693x1024px
This must be a cruel prank.

It's not fair.
>>
>>120797921
>I think the only people who didn't know were you and her.

Thank you for let him know now. Just for this Emi lost the arimabowl,
>>
>>120797921
>That underhanded lie brought me to you didn't work out the way I had imagined.
>
>It was darker.
>And meaner.
>And denser.
>And more stubborn.
>And more perverted.
>
>And softer.
>And more masculine.
>And sweet.
>>
>>120798012
Whoops, yes, Tsubaki. Sorry.
>>
>>120798267
What it's say?

Second season soon?
>>
>>120796595
>The girl next to me started crying. I wasn't expecting that at all

So that's Kaori next to Emi? Who would have known?
>>
File: m0064.jpg (118KB, 697x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
m0064.jpg
118KB, 697x1024px
This is not fair.

This not fair.
>>
>>120798409
つづく
>>
File: 103.png (43KB, 409x386px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
103.png
43KB, 409x386px
>>120795742
>bring tissues.
Her death was called so much time ago and settled as only logical conclusion for her character that i'm not feeling anything about this.
Except immense rage about baseball end, i mean.
>>
File: m0100.jpg (125KB, 698x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
m0100.jpg
125KB, 698x1024px
>>120798423
>>
>>120798301
She was never a love interest

Seriously, Emitard are beyond retarded.
>>
>>120798423
S-sasuga, Arakawa.
>>
Hey OP where you at...

Don't leave me in suspended animation

;_;
>>
>>120798352
>Remember that bridge we jumped off? The water was so cool and refreshing.
>Racing each other alongside the train. I really thought I could win.
>The moon was saw from the music room that night, like a delicious-looking bun.
>Singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star with you as we rode on that bike together. Then falling out time. We're awful singers.
>At the school at night. I'm still sure there was something there.
>The falling snow, just like cherry blossoms.
>
>It's strange to be a musician, but then to have your heart so filled by something that comes from off-stage.
>>
>>120797921
>Please apologize to Watari for me... though I'm sure he's forgotten me by now

Doubt it.
>>
>>120798499

Who is the other girl?
>>
>>120798737
>We're awful singers.
We know.
>>
>>120798737
Fuck, even though Kaori was destined for the grave, I'm sort of feeling sorry for her. If she hadn't lied her way into Kousei's heart, she may have had a happier final days since he was feeling the same way she was.
>>
>>120798540
Baseball was always like a sister too. tsubakifag.
>>
she's finally kill
>>
>>120798848
But I hate this retarded slut.

Still, Emi was never a love interest.
>>
File: 3432e21s33.png (108KB, 999x972px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3432e21s33.png
108KB, 999x972px
>mfw I just realized what "Your lie in april" means.
Im such a dense faggot.
>>
In case anyone wants to see the pics while he translates.
http://raw.senmanga.com/Shigatsu-Wa-Kimi-No-Uso/FINAL/1
>>
>>120798499
Left Kaori, right Emi
>>
This episode's gonna be heavy bruh. ;_;

>>120798974
what does it mean? that she lied saying she was fine?
>>
>>120799045
Bruh are you not reading the thread?
>>
>>120797718
can someone list these death flags please. For future reference when reading other manga
>>
>>120798737
>They're unforgettable scenes to me. But they're such little things. It's weird, isn't it?
>
>What do you think?
>Do you think I made it into anyone's heart like that?
>I wonder if I made it into yours.
>I wonder if you'll still remember me.
>
>If you forget me, I'll just come back and..
>No, I don't want to start over.
>Please don't forget me.
>Promise me you won't forget me.
>
>I'm glad it was you.
>
>I hope this reaches you, Arima Kousei.
>
>I love you.
>I love you.
>I love you.
>>
File: EmiTurnsRapey.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
EmiTurnsRapey.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>120798848
I've always wondered if Emi felt the same way about Kousei as Kaori or Baseball. Unless Kousei went off-the-grid after his last childhood performance, it wouldn't have been too hard to track him down like Kaori did. Yet she mostly just honed her skills and used his memory as the driving force in pursuing piano.

I think the turning point was here (pic related). If she had said anything, then maybe things could have changed between them, but she chose not to. This is where she gave up on the Arimab Owl... if she was ever in the running, that is.
>>
File: raw-viewer.png (358KB, 828x737px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
raw-viewer.png
358KB, 828x737px
That's it...

Not even a glimpse into the future

It just ended there
>>
>>120799080
actually no I wanted to wait for the episode itself. now I just read it so nevermind i'm retarded.
>>
>>120798838

Arima is beta. That lie allowed her get closer to him, but he always turned off any kind of approach since she "liked" his friend. Watari told him to give it a try and let her be the one to decide.

I think that even if she told him sooner that it was a lie, he would still be full of doubts and insecurities.

Still, I really enjoyed this series and I really wanted Kaori to win the pianobowl, but death flags were rose around chapter 20...
>>
>>120799185
There is always the chance for an omake once the series is wrapped up.
>>
>>120799144
Oh god.
>>
>>120799144
Goddamnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, that's going to fuck Arima up for years.
>>
>>120799144
>I'm sorry we couldn't all those canelés.
>I'm sorry I hit you so much.
>I'm sorry I was so selfish.
>
>I'm so, so, so, so sorry.
>
>Thank you for everything.
>
>Mizazono Kaori
>>
>>120799217
>Kousei and Baseball visit Kaori's grave with their kids
>yfw
>>
i'm not sad violin died. i'm sad baseball won.
>>
File: WhyGodWhy.png (307KB, 638x401px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
WhyGodWhy.png
307KB, 638x401px
>>120799144

>Do you think I made it into anyone's heart like that?
>I wonder if I made it into yours.
>I wonder if you'll still remember me.
>>
File: ;_;.png (553KB, 465x465px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
;_;.png
553KB, 465x465px
>>120799144
>>
I wonder what will be OVA about
>>
File: 1419773355755.jpg (6KB, 150x144px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419773355755.jpg
6KB, 150x144px
>"totally not nodame cantabile, with forced drama and worse character/musical development, also they are fucking middle schoolers: the series"

It could have been great.
>>
File: Untitled.png (286KB, 834x618px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.png
286KB, 834x618px
>>120799257
>P.S. If you look in the envelope, you'll find my most prized possession. If you don't need it, please toss it out.
>>
>>120799335
>comparing shounen manga to josei manga

>it could have been great if was something completely different
And cancerous pepe. Kill yourself.
>>
>>120799257
NO

NO

NO

NO NO NO!

GODDAMMIT

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END LIKE THIS

IT'S NOT FAIR, IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR
>>
>>120799362
oooooh
>>
>>120799144
You don't confess in a dying letter, that will only make things worse.
>>
File: 1225866356160.jpg (83KB, 489x552px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1225866356160.jpg
83KB, 489x552px
>>120799257
>You can feel the regret she had exponentially with every 'sorry'
>>
;_;
>>
>>120799144
>>
So Kaori was a stalker?
Neat
>>
>>120799495
>tumblr
>>
>>120798737
>Then falling out time.
whoops, that should've been "falling out of time"
>>
>>120799419
You realize you are making my point for me, right?
>>
>>120799362
>most prized possession
fuck man, that hit me like a truck
>>
File: 1387484160778.gif (3MB, 270x152px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1387484160778.gif
3MB, 270x152px
>>120799362
There is a sequel

Right?

RIGHT?
>>
>>120798974
To be fair, they really misdirected. I think we had every reason to believe that the lie was that they would play together again. But this totally works too.
>>
So did we ever find out what her fucking disease was?
>>
>>120799507

Less of a stalker and more of an admirer. She never crossed the line to yandere territory. She was just very aware of how amazing Kousei was and so much in awe she felt she couldn't approach him normally.
>>
Fucking forced drama shit.

Only reason this dead bitch isnt worst is because the sshit author somehow made a worse one in Baseball.

>kid is emotionally fucked up due to his mother's death
>I'll go and force my way into his life even though im dyng haha fuck
>>
>>120799538
OVA bundled with last Volume. I hope an epilogue.
>>
File: BABYBABYBABY.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
BABYBABYBABY.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>120799257
>>
>>120799571
The deadly cold
>>
>>120799531
You aren't making any point.
>>
I don't follow the manga but as I understand the story's timeline is currently the same in both it and the anime right?

meaning the next episode of the anime in a few days will be this chapter of the manga and the anime will show the fallout of all of this?
>>
>>120799589
>admirer
Her most prized possesion was Kousei's picture and to get closer to him, she lied about liking his best friend.
Sure, nothing wrong here.
>>
>>120799362
Emi=Violin>Piano Onesama>Piano loli>baseball's girlfriend>Emi's Sensei>black kitty>Tsubaki
>>
>>120799589
I think the other part of it is how she and Tsubaki were close. She knew what was going on there and it was really hard for her to imagine stepping in between them.
>>
>>120799599
Everyone that is not watching/reading their first coming of age series realizes that it's mediocre/bad.

It's incredibly poorly written because of how generic and similar to past titles it is.
>>
File: 1498543983.gif (991KB, 500x291px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1498543983.gif
991KB, 500x291px
>>120799144
>>120799257
>>
>>120799644
>different demographic series "appropriates" half the fucking plot from another
>somehow this is remotely ok
>>
>>120799571
Probably ALS
>>120799630
This joke is overused. Since when neurosurgery is treatment for cold
>>
>>120799534
You can sort of imagine Kaori going through some difficult patches in her life, feeling despair at how unfair shit can be, looking at that photo and thinking, "get up; don't give in. Do it... for Kousei"
>>
>>120799667
This letter is fucking ridiculous. Fuck tears, this shit is embarrassing.
>>
>>120799822
It's incredibly cliche.
>>
>>120799647
I don't follow the manga either. Is this guy a flaming idiot or is this actually happening?
>>
>>120799362
Thanks for tuning in guys, that was really fun. I took some liberties with the text, one or two expressions I don't know well enough to have nice fluid translations, but I'm sure I got the important parts right.
>>
File: Sad.gif (441KB, 500x284px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Sad.gif
441KB, 500x284px
>>120799144
> Please don't forget me.
> I love you.
>>
>>120799868
Thank you

The day will be very dreary for me, but thank you
>>
Just knowing this letter is going to have that OST in the background is going to really get me.
>>
>>120799868
thanks for giving us closure in a way.
>>
>>120799649
Like you've never gone to check some girl's facebook account that you liked from time to time. Doesn't mean she was outside his house sifting through his trash or plotting to set Baseball on fire. It's a crush until she engages actively in indirectly affecting Kousei's life. Aside from the lie about SoccerBro (which is pretty fucking huge and it bites her in the ass), she was still as straightforward as she could be with him.
>>
Epilogue chapter when?
>>
>>120799933
>Like you've never gone to check some girl's facebook account that you liked from time to time
I dont use shitty websites and i dont have interest in pictures of a girl i can see anytime i want
>>
>>120799968
Maybe with OVA
>>
>>120799660
Yeah, she was conflicted from the start since she couldn't feel she could be part of that close-knit goup of friends and especially since she could see Tsubaki was clearly aching for Kousei. She chose the lesser of two evils.
>>
watching THAT kid Arima performance is the new Shirou high jump crap. Fucking EVERYONE was there.
>>
>>120799257
>>I'm sorry we couldn't all those canelés.
I totally a whole word.
Blah.
"couldn't eat", obviously.
>>
>>120800011
Then why are you even watching this shit? Naruto seems more your thing.
>>
>>120800081
Now we just have to combine both things.
>>
Everyone should read the letter with this soundtrack http://a.pomf.se/jnwxdd.mp3 or this one http://a.pomf.se/wfxrrx.mp3
>>
>>120800081
You could also see it from the perspective that everyone that HAPPENED to be present was moved by his unforgettable performance to the point it affected their lives from that point on.
>>
>>120799649
Love isn't rational anon, it's as simple as that.
>>
>>120800093
>Then why are you even watching this shit?
Because i want to. Why else? Are you watching this show with some ulterior motives?
>>
>>120800138
Terrible choices, you would make a terrible sound director.
>>
>>120800232
Pick a better one pls.
>>
Are we done pretending to be sad and pretending that we couldn't have seen it all coming from a million lightyears away? Am I allowed to talk about Nodame Cantabile without getting shitposted into oblivion?
>>
File: gomenasai3.jpg (4KB, 259x194px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gomenasai3.jpg
4KB, 259x194px
>>120800218
Sorry anon. I was reading your post and some other one and I got the two confused in my response. My bad.
>>
>>120800232
Which track on the OST would you use then? Perhaps this one? http://a.pomf.se/jrrrvw.mp3
>>
>>120800257
Disc 1 Track 31 Kimi ga Iru
>>
>>120800269
The death was expected, it was the letter than was touching.
>>
Just looking at the raws.

They ripped off 5cm per second ending.
>>
> chapter didn't come out on the 27th

Japan fucked up
>>
>>120800399
Okay then, everyone read the letter with this http://a.pomf.se/aakhgf.mp3 soundtrack instead.
>>
How can Kousei pay back Kaori now?

By being the best piano player ever? By continuing the fun music that he makes? By moving on with his life?

How can one possibly move on when they didn't even say a proper goodbye.
>>
>>120800400
Not to me. Maybe I'm just jaded.
>>
>>120800114
Shirou jumps over Arima's high note in the corner of a boxing club on the night the truth was beyond the gate back in the time he was happiest while they played a game of life and death to be judged in the colony where Amuro got into the Gundam.
>>
>>120800367
>>120800257
Song number 30 from disc one followed by with a little loop from the first 30 or so seconds and then silence.
>>
>>120800463
Fuck, it was the 30th Uso to Honto
>>
>>120800483
The answer is simple.

He plays the blues.
>>
>>120800483
By being able to inspire others to play with everything they've got. That was Kaori's gift to him. Because of her, he was able to lift himself from his despair and guilt and play with everything he had, even though he couldn't hear the music. She inspired him and now he can repay it by doing the same to others.
>>
a generic sad ending to a generic sad manga with generic sad characters
might have been slightly realistic if they were in college. middle schoolers don't have thoughts or conversations that deep.
>>
>>120800483
The manga should have ended like pic related
A sort of happy ending where MC accepts that Kaori will die in a few years but still decide to start a life with her.
>>
>>120800632
Pretty much this. The character interaction was simply too unrealistic at times. It seems like the author had no idea what he wanted to write, pointless characters left and write, a lot of forced comedy and much more I'd rather not waste my time to point out. Anyways mess of a story and characters, less hope the author learns from his mistakes for his next mangas.
>>
Is this the final chapter?
>>
>>120800548
>>120800551
Okay finally we can get this correct http://a.pomf.se/kbgamu.mp3 listen to this in background.
>>
>>120798752
Yeah, on that line, there are shots of Watari getting slapped for trying to steal a kiss from her, then looking longingly at that photo of them eating crepes.

I think she was just saying that to try to make herself feel better.
>>
>>120800613
He was already headed there...
I wished they could've played forever.

>>120800719
I wanted that.

At least give him the opportunity to try and keep her fulfilled til her final days

At least give him the chance to show the love.

At least give Kousei the chance to say goodbye properly.

Inside me is a wish that there's a next chapter lets him do so.
>>
>>120800511
Maybe you'll fair better in the anime with the visual effects and sound.
>>
Last page of the raws seem to indicate

1) A Coda (OVA) bundled with the Bluray release on the 25th Feb

2) A DVD called Moments (?) on the 15th May
>>
>>120800795
Yeah, this is the official end of the series. With any luck, this will be the ending for this run of the anime as well.
>>
Kaori is worst girl who's only saving grace is that Arima could accept his mom as best girl.
>>
>>120800807
That's song 31.
>>
>>120800922
Nope 30, atleast in my folder it is. 31 on Disk1 for me is this: >>120800463
>>
>>120800850
That fucking banding, why are you watching HS?
Commie is fine, Herkz isn't the editor.
>>
>>120800632
But they're musicians. And it's said that musicians are smarter and they mature early. Especially if they went through traumatic experiences
>>
>>120800840
Yep, saw that too. As much as Soccer was a manslut, I think he genuinely cared for Kaori and misses her more than he'll ever admit to Kousei or anyone else for that matter.
>>
>>120800973
No biggie. Im definitely getting the BD for this show.
>>
>>120800972
Well that was the song I meant then. The other one has too much going on for this type of scene. It needs a quiet but sad melody which that songs fits perfectly.
>>
>>120800984
That's a Bait Flat. I'm going to need at least a high sea before I bite.
>>
>>120800917
I just cant take this seriously. She knew she was dying, she knew MC was suffering still from the death of his mother, yet she still forced herself into his life. What the fuck?
>>
>>120800984
You're thinking about painters. Musicians are notoriously immature.
>>
>>120801038
For sure. I mean, the idea is that she's supposed to be disarmingly charming as well, what with her being such a free spirit. I think he can see her for that, but it's all on a different order than with Kousei, whose life was turned around. Can't much blame him, I'm pretty taken by her too.
>>
>>120801121
If she hadn't jossled him out of his despair, he'd still be moping and miserable and unable to come to terms with his mother's passing and his problem with not hearing the piano. She wasn't gentle about it, but she was running out of time too.
>>
>>120801121
Because Kaori is a selfish bitch who was necessary to show Arima the truly selfless desires of his mother.

The true song is about Arima and his mother. Kaori is just the encore.
>>
Is there an epilogue coming or will the anime extend on this ending? It all just seems a bit flat really.
>>
>>120801092
just because you dislike an opinion doesn't make it bait.
I really think this manga was generic, forced, and unrealistic with a bunch of middle school characters who act like adults.
The thing people are complaining about, as in >>120801121
is just about the only thing that makes sense. She's fucking dying. She just wanted to get close to the guy she loved before she bit it. Maybe some long suffering character would choose to stay away to save him from the pain, but not a kid.
>>
>>120801121
She wanted to lift him up. not just to reinvigorate his purpose, but to also save him from being the same despair that takes life out of people. Because being a victim of the same cruel circumstance, she knows first hand how terrible living a half-life is.

Dying wasn't part of the plan, but it doesn't matter anymore, because Arima is stronger now.

A life of purpose,
The curse of Arima's mom, is now the blessing of Kaori.
>>
>>120800719
I remember this.
>>
>>120801238
see >>120800874
>>
>>120801128
> Classical musicians.
Not any kind of musician. Classical music requires a lot of methodical practice. Girls like Nodame are exceptions; just look the other musicians in the series. All composed, and confident.
>>
>>120800874
Any idea on what either one is going to be?
>>
>>120801167
Poor Soccer Bro. I hope he ended up happy somewhere, enjoying professional soccer in a top tier...

.. Like Europe and not shit tier like Japan.
>>
>>120801238
Last time a manga ended with an ongoing anime which isn't a longrun, it was shittier than the original manga ending.
I'm talking about Zetsuen no Tempest

Plus, Shigatsu is a Noitamina show, 22 episode only
>>
>>120801626
> ends up playing for shit tier jap team..
>>
>>120801571
Maybe an alternative ending?
>>
>>120801121
Her intervention allowed him to get over his trauma, if she didn't come in, she still would have died and Kosei would still be having his problem.
Look at the bigger picture anon.
>>
>>120799653
What about mom?
>>
>>120801691
Didn't that guy actually have feeling for Tsubaki?
>>
>>120801849
Start at the top and work your way down the responses >>120798752
>>
>>120801693
Come on anime exclusive end....
>>
>>120799362
>girl is blond like Kaori
>girl is same size as Kaori

We Fuuka now motherfuckers.
>>
>>120801849
No, I don't think he ever saw her that way. Like Kaori says, everyone (and especially him) would see that Tsubaki was madly in love with Kousei even though she'd never admit it and Kousei would never notice it. Bros before Hos.
>>
>>120801953
So that's a yes?, those comments don't tell me a clear yes or no anon.
>>
>>120802017
I would imply he liked Kaori instead. But she rejected his advances. And as Kaori says in that letter everyone knew Baseball liked Kousei. He would have noticed first hand being the closest to them. So no. I don't think he ever had any feelings towards Tsubaki and if he ever did, he got over them a long time ago.
>>
>>120795742
>tissues

You want me to fap?
>>
>>120801966
She's still going to be dead, anon. There is no payoff if she doesn't die at the operating table. It would probably be a childhood story about that first performance and the immediate impact to all that were present and closest to Kousei. A lot of lives changed direction that day. It would be interesting to explore that side without altering the final outcome.
>>
>>120801626
Lets be honest here..... Soccer will get depressed and kill himself... but its ok because violin got to meet piano.
>>
File: 1410639027950.jpg (129KB, 760x588px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1410639027950.jpg
129KB, 760x588px
>friend recommends I pick this show up because I enjoy Nodame Cantabile and other things in the same vein
>it's only half a dozen eps in at that point
>go read & get caught up to current in the manga, realize BAD END is imminent
>read this thread

God fucking dammit.
>>
>>120802301
There's always Basebal's friend. The one with the freckles.
>>
>>120802256
I think the payoff was already there. Kousei was already saved by the people his music touched on that fateful day. Not just by Kaori, but by everyone in their own ways. We get that. When you think about it, the chunk of the series was focused on Kousei forgiving the past, and now that he had, what value could another tragedy add to it? That people only become strong through pain? Haven't we already learned that the first time we saw Kousei struggle with the ghost of his mom?

Eight years ago, Honey and Clover did a bittersweet ending that perfectly delivered the message of moving on with your purpose in life.There were many valid reasons why they leads didn't end up together but it didn't have to sell the point on the impact of someone's death.

Kaori passing on and Kousei not even being able to say a proper goodbye is just being cruel..It's not a bad take on being grounded and down to earth, but it's a little too bittersweet for a story that tells us to keep moving forward.
>>
File: cryingdeko.gif (3MB, 380x288px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cryingdeko.gif
3MB, 380x288px
>>120799257
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
;_;
>>
>>120799257
>>120799144

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
;_;
>>
>>120802855
The only thing worse than Unrequited Love is Unfulfilled Love.
>>
>>120802825
it mirrored the way his mother passed on without him telling her goodbye

>"that was the last time I spoke a word to my mother"

etc
>>
>>120802927
NO WHATS WORSE IS THAT FUCKING BITCH BASEBALL WHO DIDNT EVEN WANT HIM FOLLOWING HIS DREAMS WINNING
FUCK THAT SLUT, EVEN AIZA'S IMOUTO WOULDVE BEEN A BETTER END
>>
File: absolute-furious.png (191KB, 582x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
absolute-furious.png
191KB, 582x600px
Tsubaki is hawt when She's embarrassed.
>>
>>120802947
I dislike that juxtaposition.

He already went through that and overcame it. There's nothing more to achieve now that it happened again.
>>
File: KaoriTellsIt.png (641KB, 1081x814px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
KaoriTellsIt.png
641KB, 1081x814px
>>120803032
I'm OK with Baseball being there to pick up the pieces. In the end, Kaori, in the short time they had together, made a much more substantial impact on Kousei's life than she had over the past decade. She has to know that she'll be second in his heart forever.
>>
>>120799144
>Is it raining?
>>
>>120803146
localized in your face? Probably.
>>
File: h01kZWr.gif (2MB, 300x170px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
h01kZWr.gif
2MB, 300x170px
>>120803146
>>
>>120803032
I disliked both Kaori and baseball.
>>
>>120802825
I think the same. With that letter, I can only think that Kousei is going to die inside, and probably enter in another depressive state. I can't really imagine him moving forward. There's so much things he could regret. Like not having been there with Kaori before the operation, sharing her -maybe- last moments. Not being able to say goodbye. Not being able to, at least, confess his love even if it will hurt them more later.

The only thing I can conclude is the author fucking hates Kousei.
>>
>>120803777
well, he gets baseball as a consolation prize. And you know she's going to bang those regrets out of him in time.
>>
>>120803777
That all sounded real Clannad, and plausible, but, i've no doubt he can move on.

If that farewell letter was anything other than an apology, it was a wish, a promise that he has to cherish her memory until the very end.

Kousei has learned to make the hard step and overcome the regret he had with his mom. Kaori will prolly be the same for him.

So yes, i think the author was a little too edgy for what this was.
>>
>>120803777
If she had had some time after the operation, that would probably have been strange. But the way the story goes, it sounds like she died on the table, which means she wrote the letter before, which is kinda weird, considering the operation was risky but she may have lived through it.

Honestly, I'm not sure she would've been in the greatest mindset when she wrote it. I think in moments like that, if you're going to talk you just end up barfing out everything all at once, with little regard to what it will do to people, and I think that's forgivable. But yes, it's brutal.

And I'm okay with that, I hate Kousei too.
>>
>>120799868
It was heart-wrenching, thanks.

Too bad the anime will fuck it up
>>
A-1 rushed the author to finish it like with Oreimo and they're rushing the anime even harder
>>
File: 1422924807327.jpg (223KB, 900x651px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422924807327.jpg
223KB, 900x651px
Just look the final face Kousei configures in this manga...
Is that a "I'm ready to moving forward" face?

"Hey Kousei, don't look back, looks ahead, lifts your head ", but no, that fucker keeps torturing Kousei with those baleful cat-symbolisms.

Kousei didn't even say anything in this chapter. I was expecting some reassuring words, or some bright or mature conclusion to make us think he is really fine or at least is going to keep struggling in life, that he learned some life lesson, but nothing.

The author literally shitted on his face with this ending. And made him suffer until the very penultimate sheet of this manga.
>>
>>120804447
Didn't Oreimo anime have a different ending? They rushed it for nothing then. At least this is getting the same ending.
>>
So is she dead?
>>
>>120805382
Even the more depressing 5cm/second movie had Takaki have a small smile and sigh of resolution at the end as his unrequited love and unfulfilled dreams moves past him.

It's unbelievable. I refuse to see this a s the final chapter. There's gotta be some concluding epilogue thing to follow.

Yes, the portrait of a stolen shot of Kousei as a kid being the end scene was very meaningful, but it's being dishonored by how unsatisfying this farewell went out.
>>
I don't mind that Kaori dies since that's what the story has been building up to but did Baseball actually win or does he stay single? If it's the former I'm actually pissed because she is literally worse than shit
>>
>>120805931
>did Baseball actually win or does he stay single?

People say she wins by default because Kaori is dead but there's nothing hinting a BaseballxKousei end.
>>
>>120805931
Baseball will always be the older sister
I even like to think that she and the supreme gentleman will get back together, and stay together

Kaori, even in death, has definitely won Kousei's heart.

As the ED1 would say, "it can't be anyone else, it has to be you".
>>
File: 1420515525010.jpg (10KB, 227x261px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420515525010.jpg
10KB, 227x261px
How can there be people that defend Kousei's mom? Bitch was hitting his son with a cane out of frustration because she couldn't fulfill her dreams, how can there are people (even in the show itself) saying that this was a selfless action?
>>
>>120809080
Attempting to redeem the mom was honestly just stupid. But the rest of the show/series(minus 14 year olds quoting mozart too damn often) is pretty good.
>>
>>120806005
Oh, yes there is. The end of chapter 44 is almost entirely Baseball and Kousei. There is a definite confession and acceptance from Kousei.

Denial can't help you now.
>>
>>120795742
Like I give a fuck.

Where's Emi? Where's Sensei?
>>
>>120798492
Imagine the rage of the anime-only fags when this is animated
>>
File: ThatllDoPig.png (932KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ThatllDoPig.png
932KB, 1920x1080px
>>120809080
It's called Tough Love, anon.

Mama Arima literally beat Perfection into Kousei. Without that foundation and complete mastery of the piano, he could never aspire to be a proper pianist. The piano is not a guitar or a fucking flute - it requires dedication, perseverance, and above all, Practice. Did she go overboard? Maybe. But she was dying and probably not thinking all that well. But she loved him enough to shape him from a talented amateur into a skilled pro.

It's the whole Tiger Mother thing - if your momma never beat you, then she didn't love you enough, anon.
>>
>>120800719
I wonder if anyone would finish translating that LN
>>
Thanks based Japanese genius AIDS.
>>
File: 1421967960917.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421967960917.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>120809080
Sickness warps the most beautiful people into misery. It's a bad mix of maternal frustration and paranoia That's basically it.

We're not really supposed to defend her all the wa at all points of her lifey, but the point was to pity her and that circumstance Kosei and her were forced to be in.

Sympathy is something she's supposed to coax from you
>>
>>120805931
Her part in the last chapter is that Kashigawa leans on her to check in on Kousei, who she's apparently left alone since Kaori croaks. It looks like there's a lot of back and forth but it's really nothing substantial. I can translate if someone really wants, though, I suppose.

In the conclusion, she basically tsunderes out on him and tells him to get used to her because she's going to be there for him from now on.

Oh, and Kashigawa is total fujoshi, if anyone cares.
>>
>>120816542


>Oh, and Kashigawa is total fujoshi, if anyone cares.

I care. Please explain further.

Also if you wouldn't mind posting a translation of the Tsubaki/Kousei conversation I would be really happy to read it, as I'm sure some other anons would be as well.
>>
>>120816996
The fujo thing was a throwaway gag from the end of the Tsubaki-Kashigawa conversation:
>How did you get to know so much about love, anyhow?
>BL [boy love]
>((Kashigawa Nao, 15 years old. No boyfriend. Collection of 108 books.))

The Tsubaki-Kousei conversation is super short
p.34
>Hey.
>Hey.
p.35
>I... er... uh.
>gets kicked in the shin
>What was that for?!
p.36
>Don't you dare think you're alone, Kousei!
>I'm going to be right beside you. Haunting you like a restless spirit!
>So you'd better be ready! alternatively: prepare your anus
p.38
>It'll be spring soon...
p.39
>Like the spring I met you.
>A spring without you...
>>
>>120817513
read-along link:
http://raw.senmanga.com/Shigatsu-Wa-Kimi-No-Uso/FINAL/34/
>>
>>120817513
Those last two lines are killing me.
>>
>>120817785
I know, right? I totally glossed over those on my first reads.
>>
High school spin of Kashiwagi being a total slut when?

She's the best girl of the entire series
>>
>>120818391
>>
>>120818462

Is she signalling me that she wants a dick rubbed on her face? Pretty sure she is. It's hypnotic.
>>
>>120797921
>NTR was all a ruse
>>
>>120799362
Jesus Christ this story is pure drama.
>>
>>120819047
Are you really that surprised? It's not like they led us to believe anything else.
>>
>>120799745
I don't really think it was ALS.
ALS presents in different ways, but it's very very very likely that she would have been unable to play her instrument long before she lost the ability to walk with ALS.
>>
So is Kaori 100% dead or not?
>>
>>120819221
Well she, it might not be realistic, but is it what someone like the author might think ALS looks like?
>>
File: 1421968302829.jpg (188KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421968302829.jpg
188KB, 1280x720px
>>120819295
Only until all the Dragonballs are gathered.
>>
File: 1371603412060.jpg (66KB, 480x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1371603412060.jpg
66KB, 480x360px
>>120819295
>>
What agitates me at the most at the moment is that Kaori stopped holding herself back with the way she lived what little life she had left, but she still couldn't be direct with Kousei.

The way she "used" Watari to get close is convincing to me. They never really felt like a couple. They're just flirting but it was obvious that Kaori was never really intimate with him.

It's very human i think, to be weak with the person you like, but god, is it so itchy to consider they could've been together right from the start.
>>
File: Tsubasa.jpg (29KB, 256x210px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Tsubasa.jpg
29KB, 256x210px
>>120798012
>>
This whole thing is such bullshit, she even writes in the letter that she knew her time was running out and she decided to act on impulse so why the fuck didn't she just confess? She didn't have anything to lose, it's just bullshit that she didn't care about anything but that and decided to die without doing anything about it
>>
>>120819433
It's hard to fathom just what goes on in someone's mind when they come to peace (or resemblance of) their impending death. Some people opt for living what little time they have left with 'No Regrets" and do whatever the fuck they want. Others decide to mend broken fences with those around them in order to achieve a measure of peace with their lives.

What I'm guessing is that in this series, Kaori's mindset is pretty understandable if you assume she started off as Inspired and Liberated but ended up less so once she got to really know Kousei. Keep in mind that up until the point where she gets involved with Watari (and it really was a shallow involvement with more emphasis on Friendship than Romance), she hardly knew the real Kousei. She knew OF him and ABOUT him, but until then she didn't know just what type of person he was. I prefer to think that she was cavalier about meeting Kousei (which explains how she went about meeting him) and over time, as she got to actually know him she realized the despair he carried and decided to not add to it despite her growing feelings. By then, she must have known she had very little time and it was more important for her to 'save Kousei' than 'date Kousei', especially with the burden of the lie about liking Watari brought. She must have known she'd come between them which was the last thing she wanted.
>>
File: 1831596.jpg (41KB, 267x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1831596.jpg
41KB, 267x600px
Lotta harshing on Kaori, but I'm more inclined to cut her some slack. She's 14 and quite literally on her death bed, and has been trying to deal with the realization that she's going to die. I rather expect that not everything she does is going to be perfect.

To be honest, I'm just glad to get to know her a little. This whole time, it's been Kousei's story and this is the first real insight we've had into what she thinks, how she feels and what she wanted. Sure it's frustrating that she didn't just go to him directly, but I don't think it's so hard to understand why she wouldn't.
>>
>>120819624
>she realized the despair he carried and decided to not add to it despite her growing feelings.

Jesus Christ, if only she knew how much Kousei was throbbing for her.

>to 'save Kousei' than 'date Kousei'

It pains me that she could've done both at the same time and we'd be happier, but I suppose that it would be a disservice to Tsubaki since she won't be round for long.

But what is more cruel to Tsubaki? To "take" Kousei away from her and then give him back when she leaves, or keep her in limbo because Kousei was on the fence as well? Remember why Tsubaki broke up with the gentleman? It's because Kaori's lie gave her hope. I think that's real hard, to be given false hope out of a lack of communication..

But hey, you can't win em all. All in all, her character, for all the exageration, is very human.
>>
>>120819844
>It pains me that she could've done both at the same time and we'd be happier, but I suppose that it would be a disservice to Tsubaki since she won't be round for long.

Precisely. Step back a bit and see how things could have played out logically and you realize that KaorixKousei would have done a shitload of damage Long-Term not just to Kousei, but to his lifelong friends.

Watari might have been jealous. It is implied somewhere earlier that he genuinely cared for Kaori. Would a relationship between Kaori and Kousei have created a fallout? Maybe so.

And what about Tsubaki? It would most certainly have shattered her as she would have had to come to face with her feelings once and for all. Just look at how messed up she became when Kousei looked like he was paying more attention to Kaori. Had they both reciprocated their feelings for each other, they might have enjoyed briefly only to watch those around them fall apart. And then when she's gone, Kousei would be burdened with estranged and awkward friendships that might never have recovered.

It's sad to think that writing it out in a letter post-death is probably the only safe way she could have let him know how much he meant to her.
>>
This is horrible. Her writing in the letter really conveyed her emotions. I'm sad now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KrVztcBYg4
>>
>>120819985
>KaorixKousei would have done a shitload of damage Long-Term not just to Kousei, but to his lifelong friends.

I really like to think that compared to this closure where everyone was just left hanging and only Kousei will know the full truth is more damaging. Eventually, they'll all find out and feel nothing but sympathy and regret. A lot of things

I don't fear much for Watari's jealousy, because before he was is rooting for Kaori, he was Kousei's best friend. Always has been. If anything, i think he would've felt bad if he found out the way things really were because Arima has been suffering the dread of loneliness and regret longer than he has.

Tsubaki liked Kousei, but Kousei never really saw her like that. Never had, and never will. And that's why it'll never work between them. That's why I think it's okay for her to see Kaori be the one for Kousei because they were never going to have that relationship since day one. Kousei's heart have been sealed to Kaori as far as the world is concerned.To be "lovers" will invalidate their stronger bond of "siblings", and that will be a greater loss since Kaori has to leave. You can lose your lover many times over, but your siblings are there til the end.


That apology letter perhaps is the greatest symbolism of a life cut short. It's totally depressing. I know it has to end with goodbye, but why of all things, can't the goodbye even be delivered properly?
>>
>>120799862
He's an idiot.
>>
>>120819510
Which part of "this story is all about the drama" don't you understand?
>>
>>120820311
>but why of all things, can't the goodbye even be delivered properly

Because Nips can't write decent romances, they are too obsessed with tragedies and sadness.
>>
>>120821302
Or (and I'm just spitballing here), maybe we're more obsessed with the Perfect Ending than we really should be, as it is more childish and less likely than we'd care to admit in the west.

A perfect ending is never the norm in real life. There is always compromises and hardships. For every winner, there are dozens of losers, and we all go through more relationships than Disney or Hollywood like us to believe. If we consider Unrequited Love and bittersweet love to be a crap outcome, then we're denying that love is fucking hard to achieve and relationships are a lot harder to maintain which makes finding someone decent a truly rare and special thing. Nips are probably too melodramatic, but life is like that. Drama very much mirrors real life a lot closer than Romance depicts it to be.

In the case of Kaori and Kousei, seeing their journey and what they were able to share is far more important than the tragedy of what they didn't get to share. And if you can walk away from this knowing their journey was worth it, then it's all the better, right?
>>
>>120821905

You say we are too obsessed with the Perfect Ending. I say why not? Stories mirror real life because they add veracity and make it easier to identify with them but even that isn't really because we desire accuracy and intellectual fulfillment. What we usually seek from entertainment is emotional impact. We seek things from entertainment that don't happen everyday in real life, in fact when that sort of things do happen in real life we tend to treasure them.
>>
>mfw seriously think tsubaki is anything but worthless trash
>>
>>120822109
>played the waiting game
Instant trash.
>>
>>120821905
Different stories for different people. Author explained the rules very clearly from the beginning, there was no trick. Only idiots fail to get the point until the very last moment. Idiots always fail to get the point until it's done.
>>
>>120798423
Holy shit. That just blew my mind. Even Kaori's mum's there! How did I miss that?!
>>
>>120798499
>>120799031
Waitaminute no way the one without face in the photo is Emi
>>
>>120823063
Yeah. It makes you wonder though. If Kousei is there, then it has to be a piano event. But if that's Emi on the photo, then why didn't she recognise Kaori later on? Something's Fucky.
>>
I'm really hoping the Coda story later this month or even better, the OVA in May actually show a proper epilogue that shows a grown up Kousei becoming the greatest piano player ever.

Baseball can be his bodyguard and Soccer his Pimp.

Also, it is too much to ask that Kaori's parents raised another child? I can't deal with them ending all alone.
>>
Jesus Christ. Arima's gonna get irredeemable PTSDed
>>
>>120823228
>mfw Kousei and Kaori could've given them one if the author wasn't so hurried to kill Kaori off
>>
>>120823278
We could always hope for a Seo-type mindfuck where Kousei bumps into another violin player identical to Kaori
>>
>>120821905
>In the case of Kaori and Kousei, seeing their journey and what they were able to share is far more important than the tragedy of what they didn't get to share. And if you can walk away from this knowing their journey was worth it, then it's all the better, right?

I mean, even if Kaori had to go, it would've been nice if they gave us a little togetherness at the end.
>>
>>120823400
They WERE together, anon. In anything but name, they were a couple that shared a very emotional relationship and had a deeper bond that will outlast their time together. So what if they didn't confess? I want to think they both knew how special they were to each other. That's a lot more than some relationships get.
>>
File: 1415490041743.jpg (36KB, 500x281px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1415490041743.jpg
36KB, 500x281px
>>120799257
>>
>>120823228
Kaori's dad looks like he'd be a player. Maybe he has a thing for honey-blondes and made himself a backup Kaori somewhere.
>>
Goddamn this chapter was funny. Only middle schoolers can believe this forced crap.
>>
>>120823519
>both knew how special they were to each other

That's the thing, they just knew it, but they never acknowledged it with each other.Had they confirmed it, imagine how more wonderful things could have been in that short span of time. Watari rooting for them. Tsubaki getting the message and not fucking up her relationship with senpai. No more assumptions, no more uncertainties.

No more drama lol
>>
File: 1419197125125.jpg (103KB, 625x626px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419197125125.jpg
103KB, 625x626px
>>120823620
>>
>>120823664
.. until she dies. Then drama happens anyway.

Don't get me wrong, it would have been nice if their love had been declared and reciprocated but I'm still OK with what they get in the end. Kaori was out of time and this was the catalyst to get her to act in the end rather than just admiring Kousei from afar. She was part of his life - an important part, no less. It'll have to do.
>>
File: 1421353543483.jpg (64KB, 729x689px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421353543483.jpg
64KB, 729x689px
Pianist Rival=Pianist MILF>Violin>>>>Shit>>>>>>>>>Childhood Friend

I WANT EMI TO WIN
>>
>>120823675
Just read the letter she sent
I get that you're dying/dead but the content matter and the way she phrased it is shock value additives. What we got right here is the last episode of the first cour of AZ level shock value.
>>
>>120823250
Are you retarded? He clearly is fine.
>>
>>120823804
She was never a love interest, you moron. They don't even have any scenes besides contests.
>>
>>120823804
Then she should have acted here >>120799161

She missed her chance and dropped out of the Arimabowl.
>>
File: B8hEx3HCMAI-wdL.png (574KB, 700x983px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
B8hEx3HCMAI-wdL.png
574KB, 700x983px
>>
File: B8hEyfgCEAANrN5.png (566KB, 640x970px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
B8hEyfgCEAANrN5.png
566KB, 640x970px
>>
File: B8hEzWZCUAAXLrG.png (536KB, 609x954px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
B8hEzWZCUAAXLrG.png
536KB, 609x954px
;_;
>>
>>120823777
>until she dies. Then drama happens anyway

But without regrets. And probably Kousei would have even skipped his last performance just to be with her in those critical moments. And that would have been the better choice honestly.
>>
>>120824139
I see that last performance as his farewell to her. We'll know better once the scanlations catch up, but that last performance looks filled with sorrow and love for Kaori so strong that it helps him transcend his limitations once again. Had he missed it then maybe he'd never have reached that benchmark again. Not to mention he'd never get the chance to study music the way he intended to.
>>
File: fanfiction.png (80KB, 800x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fanfiction.png
80KB, 800x800px
>>120823664
>>
>>120823988
I can't say I hate her anymore. Despite all the shit she put Kousei through, she redeemed herself with that letter ;_;
>>
>>120822375
That's not relevant. Those rules were always "cruel" just for sake of being cruel. The author did not reach any "positive" conclusion with this manga. You could say the author expressed life exactly as it is in this manga: Cruel, bittersweet, arbitrary; but, you don't have to forget that this is a fictional story, and a medium of entertainment. People like fictional stories because is a good way to escape for a while from the daily reality. To search the good things of life and get some fair conclusion at the end of the drama, not necessarily happy, but fair. And Shigatsu did it good, but not quite enough, the amount of "cruel" things were too "overdramatized" for the sake of those rules.
>>
>>120824532
Anon, the drama tag was there from the start. No one pulled the rug from under you. Yet you either chose to deny the very apparent possibility of a bittersweet end or pretended it would turn out to be anything but drama. If you're disappointed then that's entirely your fault. Don't blame the story for being anything other than what it made itself out to be from the beginning.
>>
>>120824532
I know that life is cruel, and fiction can mirror that, but i dislike this cruel way to the end because we were so positive in tone from the start.

We started with a broken Kousei meeting a sparkling Kaori which lifted him from depression. Now it's okay for things to settle down, but death? The same trauma we overcame? Yeah, it was built up properly when it comes to pace, but what kind of nosedive in tone was that?

And what does that trying to convey? That life will just shit on you? Is that really the end message we want to leave with the reader?

Look at Samurai X Reflections. Yeah, that was sad, and even after his redemption, Kenshin never really got away from the ghosts of his past, but even so, the catharsis was there because even in the unfairness of life, there was fulfillment on everybody's part at the end.

Right now, I cannot see anything but regret in the faces of the characters.
>>
>>120824242
But in long-term that would bring him peace. The actual Kousei can't say "I was there with her, when she needed me". IMO, that's even more important than a performance. He can try countless times to reach another brilliant performance, but he can't stay with Kaori again.
>>
Is this the end of the mango?
>>
>>120824806
>He can try countless times to reach another brilliant performance, but he can't stay with Kaori again.

It's precisely because of Kaori and what she was going through that Kousei was able to reach deep down and play with his soul bare. There won't be another performance quite like it again (unless, you know, baseball dies or Kousei starts trawling the Palliative Care ward for prospective girlfriends).
>>
>>120824642
I'm not saying that I'm in denial. Don't put word in my mouth. The story was really good but just for being drama you don't need to overdramatize that drama. The author could have killed Kaori in a lot of different and better ways. But he choose the worst and more tragical path. And It wasn't really necessary.
>>
>>120824777
In case we've forgotten, that first meeting saw Kousei coming across a crying Kaori. That was the very first flag that shit was about to turn heavy. And the death flags just kept on piling after that.
>>
>>120824957

But is it that important? I think he paid a heavy price to achieve it. Also, not only a sad feeling can configure a brilliant show. Just look at the concert he made in honor of his mother.
>>
>>120825211
Knowing Kaori, she would have been terribly disappointed if he had skipped the piano contest. She would have been furious and upset. She drove him with everything she had so that he would succeed before.
>>
>>120825718
He could try again. "Again" do you remember?
There are things that are more important in this world, like staying with your dear ones when they most need it.

Kousei will say at least he has nothing to regret after. And feel better with himself from now on and move forward.
>>
>>120826108
Music is everything. Music is freedom. They will speak through their music.

That's what the characters are. You may personally feel it's important to be closed to your loves ones (and it's fair enough), but the characters expressed themselves through their music. Kousei performs in the concert not because he knows Kaori is going to die, but because he wants to do his best for her. And trough his music, he does. Whatever regrets he may have would not be related to him not being waiting outside an operating theater waiting for news he wasn't expecting.
>>
>>120824532
>Those rules were always "cruel" just for sake of being cruel
Author never pretended that it was anything else.
>The author did not reach any "positive" conclusion with this manga
Read it again.
>You could say the author expressed life exactly as it is in this manga: Cruel, bittersweet, arbitrary
He never hid it.
>you don't have to forget that this is a fictional story, and a medium of entertainment
You don't like it, you don't read it.
>People like fictional stories because is a good way to escape for a while from the daily reality
Which can translate in various ways.

This story was ridiculously heavy on the drama all along. Nothing is out of place with the ending considering what came before.
>>
>know you're going to die
>write a letter loaded with "I love you" to make him suffer even more and make it even more difficult to forget you
>Arima will have even harder moving on now

Kaorifags will defend this

What a bitch.

She should've said "I love Soccer" so then Arima could move on with Baseball and have a happy life.

Justify this Kaorifags
>>
>>120826254
> Arima will have even harder moving on now

It's like you were reading something else altogether,
>>
>>120826200
> Author never pretended that it was anything else.
Thanks for highlight again what I mentioned as a bad aspect of this manga.
>Read it again.
Is not necessary. The conclusion is there, life is tough. But life is this particular manga seems tougher. And that's pretty unusual also.
> He never hid it.
But is not enough. I insist.
> You don't like it, you don't read it.
*stop disliking what I like*

Did you understand my argument? Yeah, it is focused on drama. Just like, Clannad did, like Anohana did, like Honey and Clover did, like 5cm per second did, but those reached better conclusions in my particular opinion.
>>
>>120826666
>Clannad
>fucking dragon balls
Your particular opinion is pretty shit.
>>
>>120826666
>5cm per second
>better conclusion
Someone post that letter from the movie
The manga ending was better than the movie though
>>
>>120826666
>anohana
>good conclusion
>>
>>120826792
Just because they use magic doesn't mean it has to be bad. Clannad also never hid magic could be a main protagonist in the story. Forewarned is forearmed

>>120826859
Yeah, better than Shigatsu at least.
>>
I'm not okay
>>
>>120823804
Is caring about her some kind of meme here or something
>>
>>120799161
That's a very nice in focus white board with out of focus characters you got there
>>
so what was the motherfreaking lie in april?
>>
>>120827654
That she like Watari to get close to Kousei
>>
>>120827654
Kaori's affection towards Watari.
It was Kousei all the time.
>>
>>120827686
>>120827709
that's kinda... underwhelming. it's not like she ever outright said it, did she?
>>
>>120827686
>>120827709
Wasn't it the fact that she and Kousei couldn't have their last performance that she had promised him?
>>
>>120828059
Read the thread. It's on the farewell letter.
>>
>>120828109
i mean that she never outright said "i like watari"? wasn't technically a lie in that case, just misleading behavior.
>>
>go out with friend of guy you like
>make both of them fall in love with you
>write off the guy's feelings who you don't give a shit about
>tell the guy you do like you love him in a letter after you're dead
I guess we can write this off as stupid things a teenage girl would do.
>>
File: april-7a.jpg (167KB, 718x404px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
april-7a.jpg
167KB, 718x404px
>>120828250
Anon, the liking of Watari was an implication she established. She partly entertained Watari's flirty advances not because she genuinely wants to be with him (in that romantic sense), but because she wants to enter Kousei's world

This scene for example. This is clearly very intimate, and shouldn't be a just friends thing but she made it in such a way that was ambiguous to Kousei so that he wouldn't directly pursue her (because Tsubaki might get hurt).

Hence the "lie". In her head, she was lying to Kousei because it's Kousei that she'd rather want to be with but she doesn't absolutely act like it..

If only Kousei knew, then he wouldn't be so indirect about it. Funny eh? They both like each other but they couldn't tell it str8 up
>>
>>120828538
She presumably distanced herself in order for Kousei to hopefully not fall in love with her too, or at least minimize those feelings he would have had, rather than full-out pursuing a relationship with him (in which case she knows the impact of her death would've been significantly, significantly worse on him).
>>
File: 1369028981755.png (19KB, 512x323px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1369028981755.png
19KB, 512x323px
>>120828542
>Anon, the liking of Watari was an implication she established. She partly entertained Watari's flirty advances not because she genuinely wants to be with him (in that romantic sense), but because she wants to enter Kousei's world
I can relate to this a lot. Approaching the one who you have the dokis for can be more or less gut-wrenching, so approaching the ones in their circle of friends can feel more comfortable in that case. Overthinking how much revealing signals you're sending can also make you actively "ignore" (or avoid approaching) the dokis-inducing guy in favor of interacting with his friends instead. Maybe not the best way to go about it, welp.
>>
>>120817513
108 faglove books of destiny!
>>
File: B87qor3CUAETnOK.png (275KB, 543x375px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
B87qor3CUAETnOK.png
275KB, 543x375px
>>
File: 3213.gif (1MB, 500x283px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3213.gif
1MB, 500x283px
>>120829804
Kaori with glasses...
The nerdy look good on her

Oh my god
My heart

It's more painful now
that you're gone
>>
>>120828250
She did tell Tsubaki that she liked Watari. That's why she arranged the date in the first episode.
>>
>chapter already translated into Spanish
The fuck. English when.
>>
>>120820311
>I don't fear much for Watari's jealousy, because before he was is rooting for Kaori, he was Kousei's best friend. Always has been.
Oh that's right, I had forgotten that Watari actually understood what was going on between them. Might've been one of the only ones, in fact.
>>
>>120823126
I'm pretty sure that's just a random photo of Kaori and one of her friends at the piano school, good chance they were both there not just for the recital, but for that moment before his mom took over his lessons, and no Emi at all.

>>120828105
Nah. Well, technically that was a lie as well, but the big revelation was supposed to be that she never wanted to be with Watari. It's a bit more shameful for her, I think, since it was an outright deception. Not getting to play together again was just a sad side effect of the whole dying thing, but she meant it when she said it.
>>
File: 1410483542332.gif (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1410483542332.gif
32KB, 300x300px
>>120830535
Where?!

tacos tacos
>>
File: 10918.jpg (33KB, 720x407px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
10918.jpg
33KB, 720x407px
bump
>>
>>120830535
I'm interested. Who, where?
>>
>>120828538
It's alright, no girl will ever fall for you so you don't have to bother with those details.
>>
File: 1418350566074.jpg (721KB, 1000x1358px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418350566074.jpg
721KB, 1000x1358px
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 78


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.