[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

Why do people hate this guy again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 263
Thread images: 41

File: urobuchigen.jpg (186KB, 1000x926px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
urobuchigen.jpg
186KB, 1000x926px
Why do people hate this guy again?
>>
>>120603060
Because he's a mediocre writer.
>>
>>120603060
He's a hack.
>>
>>120603060
He's ugly.
>>
>>120603292
Y-you too.
>>
>>120603060
Hate of a particular work/author is a function of exposure, consensus quality and experienced quality.

Gen has massive exposure and consensus quality thanks to madoka, fate/zero, and psycho-pass. Hate is generated because experienced quality varies from person to person, and so if a person has a poor experienced quality of works with high (perceived) consensus quality, that dissonance is magnified by the exposure of the works, which generates backlash.

TL;DR: Hipsters
>>
Who?
>>
>>120603060
Poor fashion sense
>>
>>120603060
Talentless hack, Bravo Nolan of anime
>>
>>120604032
>>120603256
People with talent dont work in anime, he is shit yes but still above average in his field.
>>
>>120604100
>People with talent dont work in anime
The mental retardation of Butcherfags.
>>
>>120603060
Because they know his name and his face.
>>
Edgemaster and shit writer
>>
>>120604100
>he is shit yes but still above average in his field
The standards for animu are abysmal.
>>
>>120604100
>People with talent dont work in anime
Miyazaki had more talent in his thumb than this fag in whole body
>>
>>120604225
Well yeah of course, its mostly escapism for social rejects. How new are you.
>>
File: this.png (484KB, 628x753px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
this.png
484KB, 628x753px
People hate him because people like him.
>>
>>120604276
Miyazaki hates anime though.
He just wanted to make good children movies like Disney did.
>>
>>120603060
He uses always the same bag of tricks, his themes are hated by the neo-otakus that shun everything isn't an eulogy to mediocrity and he's ugly as shit.
I mean, he's really a fucking monster.
>>
>>120604324
Well there are still lots of more talented people than him
>>
>>120603060
>people
You mean local shitposters? They are not people.
>>
>>120604279
I don't hate the butcher. He's usually trying a bit harder than the others. Take a look at Mari Okada for abject garbage.
>>
Because it's popular to hate famous, talented people who accomplished something in their lives.
>>
>>120604416
I want names.
>>
File: da butcher.jpg (6KB, 194x260px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
da butcher.jpg
6KB, 194x260px
>>120603060
Envy
>>
What is he working on now anyways.
>>
>>120604439
But M3 was great. EVOL on the other hand was an abomination.
>>
>>120604324
He doesn't hate anime, he hates otaku.
>>
>>120604468
That guy who wrote Sword Art Online.
>>
>>120604439
The work she's done for Simoun, WIXOSS, Red Garden, Bantorra, Nagi no Asukara, Zetsuen no Tempest, M3, and Hanasaku Iroha are leagues above what the Butcher has written.
>>
Because all his stories are the same, and since everybody is jumping on the train trying to copy his one good idea it's stagnating anime. In two or three years every anime will be Psycho Pass.
>>
He looks like a dirty Mexican.

>>120604276
Miyazaki is a joke. The only going for him is animation.
>>
>>120604677
>Zetsuen no Tempest
And all you wrote is discredited. The 2nd half made me embarrassed to like the first half.
>>
>>120604677
Most of those shows are shit.
>>
File: 1401080648333.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1401080648333.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>120604700
>In two or three years every anime will be Psycho Pass
Is this shitposter serious.
>>
>>120604700
>Because all his stories are the same
What? Because Madoka and PP both involve fighting against corrupt systems?
>>
>>120604677
ZnT was an adaptation, not an original.
>>
>>120604818
>PP
>involve fighting against corrupt systems
Where? In the movie?
>>
>>120603060
I don't mind what he's trying to do (old sensibilities into new anime i.e. some badassery with your moe), and like from what they said in Jirobako or whatever, he's gotten some good hits in and people will try to copy that. To be honest, that was probably going to happen anyway. I don't like everything that he's involved in - it seems like his best so far is in Fate/Zero, Madoka, and Psycho Pass. Gargantia and Aldnoah Zero are all right, and I tried watching an episode of Blassreiter but the CGI in that was so bad I couldn't finish the first episode. I don't know if he's an asshole in real life or whatever, but I've certainly enjoyed a lot of anime he has had involvement in.
>>
>>120603060
He ruined Fate.
>>
>>120604930
>Fate/Zero
Mediocre fanfiction
>Madoka
Great if you like mahou shoujo, mediocre otherwie
>Psycho Pass
Mediocre sci-fi that barely qualifies as cyberpunk or dystopian
>Gargantia
Shit
>A/Z
He only wrote the first three episodes
>>
>>120604938
You mean he saved it and elevated it from the status of a shitty porn game.
>>
>>120605083
ebin
>>
>>120604930
Aldnoah Zero is not Urobuchi's work. He only provided the scenario and fucked off after three episodes.
>>
>>120604938
If by ruined you mean created the only even remotely interesting part of it, unlike that tripping actual hack Nasu, then yeah.
>>
>>120603060
Good writer, shitty anime scriptwriter
Wish he would go back to eroge again, but it's probably not happening
>>
>>120605053
>Mediocre sci-fi that barely qualifies as cyberpunk or dystopian
Explain why.
>>
These threads are terrible
Lets just agree that anime sucks.
>>
>>120605176
I watched Fate/Prototype and I really regret that THIS was not turned into F/SN.
>>
>>120605053
You say it's "mediocre," but what about it is so? Does he mess up the characters, are there plot holes, is the dialogue stale, is it not what you wanted?
Just explain what makes Fate/Zero so mediocre to me.
>>
>>120605053
The only great things about Madoka were Kajiura and the visuals, especially the Gekidan Inu Curry parts. The plot and the characters were far from great.
>>
>>120605286
>arguing with a shitposter
>>
>>120605292
All of this
>Gekidan Inu Curry
Especially this. The only reason I picked that trash up is because of the fantastic visuals in the witchy dimensions.
>>
>>120605286
Not him, but I found the pacing of the anime to be really poor. Maybe it's better in the novel.
>>
>>120605292
>>120605507
So what anime do you fags like
>>
>>120605507
The novel is only 4 volumes and the pacing is much faster. The novel also has extras scenes that were not shown in the anime.
>>
>>120605606
Perfect butchering as expected of the master.
>>
>>120604938
Fate\SN is total shounenshit level.

Fate\Zero is the only part of the franchise that is worth being read\watched.
>>
File: 1419940922307.png (133KB, 313x382px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419940922307.png
133KB, 313x382px
>>120603060
I don't hate him, but I hate his fanboys. They talks like he is some kind of Jesus incarnation who has no fault whatsoever. Just look at Expelled From Paradise!
>>
>>120605785
Fujoshit pls
>>
>>120605538
I liked Madoka and Psycho Pass a lot more than F/Z. I think Psycho Pass is underappreciated, but Saya no Uta is probably his best work.

>>120605606
I felt that the anime spread itself too thin with all of its characters. Caster in particular sucked the life out of the show whenever he showed up and wasn't being goofy with Ryu.

Saber and Lancer weren't much better. Kariya's only worthwhile scene was when he cracked.
>>
File: char_117610.jpg (15KB, 210x240px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
char_117610.jpg
15KB, 210x240px
He's sexist

Your next post will be "Go back to Tumblr, SJW scum
>>
>>120605809
I had no idea who he was before Madoka.
He literally saved anime by himself since Mami's beheading.
>>
>>120605923
I don't care about sexism, but his original female characters in FZ were all shit. Even the FSN girls were better.
>>
>>120605809
I agree that he's not perfect, and definitely not all of his works are noteworthy.

But honestly can anyone name a writer that is connected to anime who always did excellent stuff without fail and is overall objectively better than Urobutcher?

And please don't tell me "Mari Okada" like that other anon, she never did anything particularly groundbreaking and many of her works leave much to be desired.
>>
>>120605845
The fuck are you about?
>>
>>120606025
Yuasa.
>>
>>120603060
>>
>>120603060
Because he hasn't released a Saya no Uta fandisk.
>>
>>120603060
Because he's not writing VNs anymore.
>>
>>120606045
pls fujo pls
>>
>>120606025
The problem is that people don't generally take note of writers as much as other anime staffers. Surely there are some under appreciated talents that nobody gives a fuck about.
>>
>>120605862
> Caster in particular sucked the life out of the show whenever he showed up
For me he added flavour to Zero. His grotesque looks only make things better.
>>
File: best girl.jpg (129KB, 800x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
best girl.jpg
129KB, 800x600px
>>120605990
Seibah best gril
>>
>>120605785
Anon, I felt the same as you after watching F/Z, but then I actually read the FSN VN and it really is good.

It isn't typical shonenshit if you put just a little bit of thought into it, and some of the most important themes -- like the futility of Kiritsugu's superhero morality -- are taken straight from FSN.

The only two problems I have with Nasu's writing are that he repeats information to the point of unintentional parody, and that he can't write sex.
>>
>>120605990
>original female characters in FZ
Yeah, all three of them.
>>
>>120606025
>a writer that is connected to anime who always did excellent stuff without fail
Urobutcher doesn't even qualify, because he's shit.
>>
>>120606056
Overrated director loved by hipsters because his anime use "artsy" retarded animation styles.

Anyway he is mainly a director, and while he writes the storyboard he's not really an original writer, unlike Urobutcher.

Tatami Galaxy is the only Yuasa anime that I really enjoyed but guess what? It's based on a novel written by Tomihiko Hiromi.
>>
File: saya-says-hello.png (842KB, 800x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
saya-says-hello.png
842KB, 800x600px
>>120606175
Y-Y-You look t-tasty.
>>
>>120606157
It wasn't necessarily a problem with Caster himself, but the scenes that he was in.

The Cthulhu fight was such an unintentional anticlimax it's ridiculous. There was zero tension in that entire battle, which was supposed to be the big midpoint centerpiece.
>>
File: laugh.jpg (363KB, 1083x590px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
laugh.jpg
363KB, 1083x590px
>>120606275
No. You are shit.
>>
>>120606320
>Overrated director loved by hipsters because his anime use "artsy" retarded animation styles.
It's a shame you have no argument outside of using buzzwords.
>>
>>120606353
I don't remember Saya ever stuttering.
>>
>>120604192
/thread
>>
File: 1419801034281.png (60KB, 625x626px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419801034281.png
60KB, 625x626px
>>120606420
And neither do you. Report.
>>
>>120606217
I actually read the VN first and foremost.
Then I watched the anime, and only after I watched Fate\Zero.

There are of course some redeeming part in F\SN mainly in its concept. But the storytelling and the writing is subpar.

Just to mention one thing, Urobutcher never did something retarded like showing a mere human owning a servant in close combat, after telling the reader how inhumanly strong servants are.

Nothing is more typical of a shounen shit than the power of the characters fluctuating like the value of a cryptocurrency depending on how the author feels like at the moment.
>>
>>120606320
>he is mainly a director
Wrong. He wrote the script for most of his shows and movies.

>he's not really an original writer
Wrong again, he has several original stories, written by him.

But anyways, a Butcherfags complaining about anyone else being overrated is laughable.
>>
>>120606025
>objectively better
You want me to state my objective opinion?
>>
>>120606616
Zero is way worse.
>>
>>120606446
WhAt ARe yOU SAYiNg?
>>
>>120605923
How is he sexist? Homura was 110% badass, and Madoka became a god through being a kindhearted person.

And then there's Kariya -- a critique of the selfishness and manipulative behavior of Nice Guys who don't actually respect the women they chase.

Butcher is a sadist, not a sexist. You only notice the violence against women so much because it's less common than violence against men.
>>
File: LZM-2102_jaket.jpg (669KB, 1654x1649px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
LZM-2102_jaket.jpg
669KB, 1654x1649px
>>120606025
So doesn't Urobutcher. So don't worship him like some sort of Gaylord.

Mari Okada did better comparatively because she is more creative, has variation and didn't do the same thing over and over again since Requiem for The Phantom.

And if you want to see her writing, you'd better off watching her original instead of adaptations.
>>
>>120605990
>FSN girls were better
Yeah, if you're an escapist pedophile.
F/Z females are a perfect representation of females in real life. They're either evil cunts, broken used goods or good waifus(though you'll probably never meet the last ones).
>>
>>120606709
Haha oh wow
>>
>>120606616
>Nothing is more typical of a shounen shit than the power of the characters fluctuating like the value of a cryptocurrency depending on how the author feels like at the moment.
So Evangelion is shonenshit?

What makes shonenshit shonenshit is that it has no ambitions, and contents itself just telling a story about powerlevels and friendship. FSN is not shonenshit, because it takes its shoneny setup and uses it to tell a much more thoughtful story.

FSN isn't about servants and maguses(magi?) fighting. It's about the characters.
>>
File: 1414683804090.png (156KB, 625x626px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414683804090.png
156KB, 625x626px
>>120606625
>>
>>120606677
Your interpretation of Kariya is somehow off. He was never manipulative for starters.
>>
>>120606677
Homura is a selfish, deranged lesbian
Madoka is a doormat for Homura's selfishness
Mami only existed to be killed off in a le shock value way
Sayaka went completely mind broken and became a murderer
>>
>>120606688
>And if you want to see her writing, you'd better off watching her original instead of adaptations.
Did you watch EVOL. How is that creative apart from nice setting? Storywise EVOL is much worse than the original Aquarion.
>>
>>120606991
>>
>>120603060
So what's he working on now?
>>
>>120606909
>it has no ambitions, and contents itself just telling a story about powerlevels and friendship
Read better shounen.
>>
>>120606909
>So Evangelion is shonenshit?
At least it tries to justify why the Eva01 can be so powerful at times due to the synchronization gimmick. Nasu doesn't even try.

>It's about the characters.
Yeah that's its only redeeming quality, because the plot is mediocre at best.
>>
>>120606991
How is that sexist? If you changed the sex for all Madoka characters would the works still be sexist in your eyes?
>>
>>120607068
>shonen
>good
>>
File: 1420755915137.png (28KB, 404x241px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420755915137.png
28KB, 404x241px
>>120606909
>So Evangelion is shonenshit?
One word:
DECONSTRUCTION
>>
>>120607122
>see mom! what a great rebuttal i made! shitposting on 4chan is so fun!
>>
>>120606625
The only notable works from Yuasa are

Tatami Galaxy: not the writer
Ping Pong: not the writer
Kaiba: he wrote a grand 2 episodes
>>
>>120606967
Unintentional emotional manipulation is still manipulation. He was trying to strongarm his waifu into loving him by "rescuing" her.

>>120606991
Yes, his characters have flaws. You've cracked the case, anon.

>Fuminori is a psychotic murderer who either gets murdered, locked away in a padded cell, or turned into a meat tree
>Koji gets murdered in one ending, driven insane in another
>Kiritsugu fails everything and gets mindbroken
>Kariya wormed and mindbroken
>Kougami is a criminal who disregards the law to satisfy his thirst for revenge
Also, that's a lot of K's.

"Urobuchi is sexist" is one of the dumbest ideas I see get thrown around on the internet.
>>
>>120607330
>"Urobuchi is sexist" is one of the dumbest ideas I see get thrown around on the internet.

Replace "Urobuchi" with any name, it would still be dumb.
It's as if I complained that Lovecraft was racist, who gives a fuck? I judge a writer for how he writes not for his ideologies.
>>
File: lmao.jpg (28KB, 331x319px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
lmao.jpg
28KB, 331x319px
>>120607330
>case
>K's
>>
>>120607330
Okay, now what about the women in those series the characters come from?

Madoka girls are only written well because he's forced to with no male protagonists.
>>
>>120607437
This isn't what this thread is about though. The question is why do people hate him, and if there was anything racist at all about him that would have been a bad reason.
>>
>>120607330
>Unintentional emotional manipulation is still manipulation.
It cannot be even called manipulation if he interacted only two times with Aoi in the anime, at the very beginning he told her he'll save Sakura, the other time he was duped by Kirei and just stood there staring at Aoi's outburst.
>>
>>120607090
>Nasu doesn't even try.
He absolutely does, and there's an endless archive of 500 post threads filled with people explaining it every day. You just don't like the explanations.

And it's never explained in Evanlgeion why the Evas dramatically grow and shrink from episode to episode.

>Yeah that's its only redeeming quality, because the plot is mediocre at best.
It's hardly damning to call a story's most important and detailed aspect its only redeeming quality. Especially when that aspect is characters, which are a lot harder to write than plot.
>>
>>120605053
>barely qualifies as cyberpunk or dystopian
How is that inherently bad?
>>
File: 16.jpg (50KB, 503x469px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
16.jpg
50KB, 503x469px
>>120607470
>Madoka girls
>written well
>>
>>120603060
just look at that ugly mug.
how can you not hate it?
>>
>>120607470
>Madoka girls are only written well because he's forced to with no male protagonists.
So you define a writer as sexist because they don't split the sex ratio of characters into 50/50 ? That's dumb.
>>
>>120607544
>characters, which are a lot harder to write than plot.
I dare to disagree.
>>
>>120603585
Pretty much this.
>>
>>120607330

>You forgot to add that Kariya is a delusional pedophile
>There's also Madoka's father, who apparently stays at home while his wife is the one going to work
>Ryuunosuke, who loves playing with living humans as much as corpses
>Caster, who loves playing with human beings and corpses as much as Ryuunosuke
>A bunch of Assassins whose speciality is to get killed without having done anything flashy
>Among them, an Assassin who shows off just to end up receiving a sword in the face
>Kayneth, an arrogant guy who is scorned by his fiancée, becomes handicapped, gets shot at, loses his servant, loses his fiancée, agonizes, then gets his head cut off

See? Urobuchi is sexist. Toward men, that is.
>>
>>120607556
Nice reaction face there buddy. Works really well with that greentext.
>>
I hate the writers of Sword art online and The irregular at magic high school more than Urobutcher. Thanks to their antics otaku are swarming towards bland self insert power fantasies
>>
>>120606391
That fight was kinda forced onto him by Nasu.
There is dialogue in F/SN with Saber talking about how Kiritsugu used a ship to shield the city from Excalibur IIRC.
>>
>>120607470
>Okay, now what about the women in those series the characters come from?
My point is that almost all of his characters have flaws and get abused. Men and women get treated the same.

This really isn't hard to follow, anon.

>>120607437
This is completely different. Lovecraft was racist, but it's irrelevant to his worth as a writer. Butch simply isn't sexist to begin with.

>>120607527
Anon, you obviously read the first sentence. I know you can read the second.
>>
File: 1406523909888.png (15KB, 160x160px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406523909888.png
15KB, 160x160px
>>120607758
Kariya's love for Sakura was parental love, dumbass.
>>
Because he thinks killing people = good.

Also, Madoka and Expelled from Paradise were decent at best.
>>
>>120607830
See, to call someone 'manipulative' they have to SHOW manipulative behaviour. Psychotic delusions don't count.
>>
>>120607437
>It's as if I complained that Lovecraft was racist, who gives a fuck? I judge a writer for how he writes not for his ideologies.
But when their ideologies interfere with their writing, making them bland, boring, and poorly represented, it's a problem.
>>120607580
It's not about just Madoka though. It's about all his series. Did you watch Kamen Rider Gaim? The two most important girls in the series are basically just support to men. One becomes a literal McGuffin Prize meant to be Eve to the winner's Adam and the other is a lackey who admits to wanting nothing more than to serve a strong man and is killed off without a tear shed for her.
>>
>>120607923
I'm sure Mizushima contributed more to Rakuen Tsuiho than Urobuchi.
>>
>>120607556
>any anime
>written well
>>
>>120607955
>It's about all his series
Such as? I haven't seen Gaim, but you are free to use any anime example.
>>
>>120607839
That's what he made you believe, dumbass!
>>
>>120608049
>projecting this much
Maybe staying too long on this board tainted your perception. Little girls are for being loved and cared for, not fucked.
>>
>>120607955
>a lackey who admits to wanting nothing more than to serve a strong man and is killed off without a tear shed for her.
This contradicts your point. It would be sexist if she survived or was glorified. It's saying that someone whose only dream in life is to serve a strong man doesn't even deserve respect in death.
>>
>>120608170
>>120607839
The Kariya Defense Force is real.
>>
People don't realize that Kariya gave little fucks about Rin and Sakura. He just wanted that sweet Aoi pussy. He was only using them as a means to that end. No love at all. That's what makes him truly pathatic.
>>
>>120608170
Counter-projection isn't good.
Everyone knows Kariya's intentions.
>>
>>120608227
I don't know if that's true, anon. Weren't his dying thoughts of Rin and Sakura, not Aoi?
>>
>>120608222
You are the first person I saw who called Kariya a pedophile actually. Me thinks you are simply trying to shit up the thread.
>>
File: zero.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
zero.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>120608227
Right, right! He was a truly vicious pervert!
>>
>>120608399
I'm not the anon who called him a pedophile.
>>
>>120608040
Psycho Pass, where the main girl is an incompetent ninny who most of the time just watches without really doing anything and the other one's entire character was being a lesbian..

>>120608194
It's sexist because she exists solely to serve a man, become molded to his image, and is seen as disposable.
>>
>>120607998
Try the 1980s Ghost in the Shell. It's one of the most normalfaggot things you could possibly watch, but there's a reason it is so highly spoken of.
Make sure you don't watch the 2.0 version. Watch it subbed or dubbed, but not the 2.0 version.
>>
>>120608227
>projecting
Read the LN. Kariya has visions of saving Sakura right until he draws his last breath.
>>
>>120608399
Are you sure you aren't a newfag?
>>
File: 1374453349006.png (24KB, 625x626px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1374453349006.png
24KB, 625x626px
>>120608501
Use better baits.
>>
>>120608227
Urobuchi wanted to have Kariya rape the shit out of Aoi at first, but then Nasu went "dude, that's fucked up" so they went with strangulation instead.
>>
>>120608264
His dying thoughts were of stealing his brother's family and especially his wife. Kariya was pathatic,foolish and overall a scumbag. He ran away from the Matou because fuck that worm shit yet he has the gall to still want to be involved in magus business, he still has the gall to even go to the Tohsoka house to hang out with the family, and he still has the gall to call them out on things that are non of his business. Aoi pegged him right, he didn't love anyone but himself. He know the rules and life styles of magus families and spat on all of them. It's like an amish person coming back home and trying to push modern society rules on the people living there. Long story short. Kaiyra should of grown the fuck up instead of behaving like some entitled brat.
>>
File: Newfag.jpg (9KB, 220x220px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Newfag.jpg
9KB, 220x220px
>>120608543
Definitely a newfag.
>>
>>120608449
>GitS anime
>80s
>>
File: 48364708_p0.jpg (352KB, 1123x911px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
48364708_p0.jpg
352KB, 1123x911px
Most people in this thread sound like this:
>I'm retarded
>thats why writing is shit
>>
>>120608444
She's disposable because she chose to live a disposable life.

Also, you're still ignoring that his male characters are just as flawed and abused as his female characters.

>Akane is an incompetent ninny
See this? This is actually sexist. You're disregarding Akane's entire character just because she has a feminine side and wants to avoid unnecessary deaths.

Akane was a complete badass.
>>
>>120608564
Where did you read this? I read some interviews with Butcher, but never stumbled across this part.
>>
File: 042_042.jpg (4MB, 3809x5436px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
042_042.jpg
4MB, 3809x5436px
>>120607839
>>
>>120608638
>His dying thoughts were of stealing his brother's family and especially his wife.
Lies. Read the LN.
>>
>>120608638
Yes, it's because of him that Sakura got raped. If he hadn't run away from his duty, Sakura wouldn't have entered the Matou family in the first place. Besides, that also means he is indirectly responsible for what happened in the HF route.
>>
>>120608638
I'm not arguing whether or not Kariya was an idiot he was, but I think it's safe to assume that he did care about Rin and Sakura.

It's just that his jealousy of Tokiomi and his desire for Aoi twisted that caring into something worthless and destructive.
>>
>>120608895
Kariya wasn't jealous of Tokiomi as much as he despised him for being a scumbag and an asshole towards his family. Tokiomi did tell Kariya that if he fails at obtaining the grail now, his goal will be passed onto his daughters, who would have to fight and kill each other.
>>
>>120608701
>She's disposable because she chose to live a disposable life.
Yes, she chose to be that way because she was WRITTEN THAT WAY. Fictional characters do not have the free will to choose to be awful and poorly misrepresent their sex in a god damn childrens show. They are written that way.

>You're disregarding Akane's entire character just because she has a feminine side and wants to avoid unnecessary deaths.
So because she's feminine, she wants to avoid death? What did Akane do exactly that was so badass? Keep in mind I didn't go past season 1 because if you can't make a decent female character in 26 episodes, fuck that.
>>
Urobuchi's comment
After he ran away from the Matou, he had no choice but to earn a meager living by working as a freelance report writer, or at least that's my headcanon. [Gen Urobuchi]

Comment for Kariya
Takeuchi: Because I only thought of this design as the first volume began publication, major changes were made. You'll see the initial design in the following pages. It was good in terms of the result. I'm fairly pleased with it.
Urobuchi: Looking back on it, the design that called for him to wear the hood of his parka low over his eyes wrecks this jut a little bit. We should have shown this amazing face straight on more.
Takeuchi: I am not drawing his face from before the Crest Worms twisted it, but I think it is a face without much individuality. From my point of view, the normality that you can see both in his regular and twisted face is Kariya Matou's nature.
Urobuchi: As for that, he seems to have a face like the protagonist of those early games that went "Please enter your name."

Takeuchi's comment
Kariya's early design. It was a design concept that made him give off a villainous first impression. [Takeuchi]
Frozen in a pained expression. Should his teeth be bared?
>>
tldr: Fate zero is shit
>>
>>120608444
>other one's entire character was being a lesbian.
There was one more girl and she was bi. Plus you can count Kasei as a women since she appears as one to the public. I hope you haven't forgotten the highschool killer. Which brings us again to the 50/50 ratio.

>Psycho Pass, where the main girl is an incompetent ninny who most of the time just watches
God forbid the MC being unable to think and act on their own! Especially if the MC is female! If you actually paid attention to the show you'd see that Akane was made a sheep on purpose. It's like you missed the entire point of the show.
>>
Fate/Zero material - Encyclopedia: Matou Kariya [Person's name], p.103-104

The little brother of Matou Shinji's father, Byakuya.
The gutsiest, most rebellious person in the history of the Matou family – against that monstrous old man, just standing up to him and running away was a heroic act of valor. Of course, from Zouken's point of view, no matter how much better Kariya's magic circuits were than his older brother's, they weren't worth the effort it would take to break his will and train him into a proper family head. In fact, at that point he had probably already decided that he had no choice but to bet everything on Byakuya conceiving an heir that would turn everything around. Unfortunately, in the end his longshot gamble backfired spectacularly, and instead of a miracle that would save his lineage, he got Shinji.

By the way, even Kariya's childhood friendship with Aoi was set up by Zouken, who had become aware of the Zenjou family's excellent hereditary trait long before the Tohsaka. However, due to Kariya turning his back on sorcery and getting cockblocked by Tokiomi, the old man's plans once more came to nothing.
…Well, Kariya bringing his beloved Aoi back to some horrid worm pit was never going to happen in the first place. Maybe if the Matou sorcery was a little more normal, he would have been willing to obediently accept his inheritance and become Tokiomi's rival for Aoi's affections.
>>
>>120603060
Because a lot of stuff he writes gets popular, which brings in new people and cross boarders.
>>
>>120609048
>Yes, she chose to be that way because she was WRITTEN THAT WAY. Fictional characters do not have the free will to choose to be awful and poorly misrepresent their sex in a god damn childrens show. They are written that way.
Now we're getting somewhere. She was WRITTEN THAT WAY to make a statement. And that statement is that people who have their entire life open to them but throw it all away to become some man's servant are garbage. Sayaka is a much lighter play on the same theme.

This isn't even complicated.

Akane
>could have had the easy life with her remarkable test scores, but instead chose to become an Inspector
>shoots the tire of a speeding truck while hanging off the back of it
>is the only one with a chance of bringing down or fixing the entire corrupt system that's unto a god
>never takes the easy way out or gives up
And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

>so because she's feminine, she wants to avoid death?
Anon, I think you need to reread what I wrote. Several times, maybe.
>>
>>120608444
> talking shit about based Yayoi
Fuck you, she was the best character in the sequel.
>>
>>120609453
He barely writes for the anime his name gets attached too in the first place
>>
>>120604468
masaaki yuasa
akiyuki shinbo
>>
>>120609036
>>120609036
His logical hate of Tokiomi was just a convenient way for him to express his jealousy while hiding it. It was made so that the readers would understand this. You have to read between the lines.
>>
>>120609599
Maybe he is secretly preparing a new anime scenario
>>
>>120603585
Or it's because he has really fantastic works like Saya and Madoka, the rest are a let down.
>>
>>120609717
He's not. He's too busy with live action toku shows.

That's why he ditched A/Z and you don't know how long toku shows run.
>>
>>120609797
Gaim ended like months ago. What is he working on now?
>>
>>120609755
This. Majority of Gentards don't know how crappy Gen's writing gets because they only played Saya and not the rest of his shitty VNs.
>>
>>120609668
Anon, most individuals would despise a guy who willingly gave away his daughter for worm rape. I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here.
>>
File: 1421452436045.jpg (430KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421452436045.jpg
430KB, 1000x1000px
>>120603060
Because he ended Rebellion promising bigger things and then we're suppose to accept that no sequel will ever cover it.

Fuck him and Shinbo, I respect fucking George Lucas more than them. At least he didn't leave Star Wars on Empire Strikes Back and expect the fans to figure out what happens next.
>>
>>120605188
Good times, hahaha
>>
>>120609887
You missed the point of my post.
>>
>>120609755
Psycho Pass S1 wasn't half as ambitious as Madoka or Saya, but it did an excellent job with what it set out to be.

>>120609887
Tokiomi had no idea about the worm rape. He thought all magi were as dignified as himself.

He was so far up his own ass that he could almost reach the Origin.
>>
>>120609370
Zouken is a curse on the Matou family.It seems like everything that went wrong with them is because of his breaking people's wills and turning them into monsters in human clothing.
>>
>>120608399
>Me thinks
Kill yourself back to reddit,
>>
>>120603585

Thank you.
>>
File: fcm-cm_091.jpg (2MB, 2210x3455px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fcm-cm_091.jpg
2MB, 2210x3455px
Fate/Zero material - Encyclopedia: Matou Zouken [Person's name], p.104
As far as the Matou family's sacrifices in the Fourth Holy Grail War go, for the small price of a ruined home defense barrier and a grievous injury to Byakuya's wrist, they were able to get their hands on fragments of the Holy Grail. Too cheap, too cheap! Grandfather is laughing.

Though Zouken allowed Kariya to participate in the Grail War, he mostly did it just to punish him – if Kariya had actually won, he probably wouldn't even know how to react.

Originally, Zouken had been content to turn a blind eye to Kariya's transgressions as long as he was living the wretched, fearful life of a runaway, but his extremely un-Matou-like willingness to heroically sacrifice himself bought him the old man's ire. Probably, it was the warped pride of a living, rotten corpse at work. Like, "When did my own flesh and blood get so damn impudent!?" or something to that effect.

By the way, Zouken thought that Kariya had died when all the crest worms were killed by Berserker's rampage.
The reason that Kariya, finally free, was able to return to the Matou mansion and reach Sakura's side without any issues, was because Zouken had rushed off to the scene of the fire to see if he could find anything worth salvaging.
In fact, they must have literally just missed each other. It seems Kariya has a talent for seizing odd strokes of good luck at the height of misfortune.

Zouken Matou [Person's name]
A freaky old bug man. The end.
The scenario director is quite fond of him, and would get carried away typing every time he appeared.
He belongs in a romance novel, don't you think?
>>
>>120610058
Which was? That Kariya is jealous? So a character cannot harbour two feelings at the same time, it must be either one or the other?
>>
File: 1352363464332.jpg (175KB, 600x337px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1352363464332.jpg
175KB, 600x337px
>>120603060
I wish him could teach how to tell stories to Mari Okada.
>>
>>120610921
Give up. It's alright if you don't get the point.
>>
>>120603060
I liked his earlier stuff, but now he has a habit of writing a good scenario, then letting a bunch of retards ruin it because he doesn't follow through with the worrying and prefers to sell on brand name. Also CG is pure fucking cancer and his new movie can go fuck itself.
>>
File: 1383469957415.jpg (119KB, 625x626px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1383469957415.jpg
119KB, 625x626px
>>120611126
>>
>>120609599
It's true that Gen's best works are actually done by teams which (include Gen) that don't let him get away with his weaker garbage but it also doesn't change what was said.

>>120609888
>Because he ended Rebellion promising bigger things and then we're suppose to accept that no sequel will ever cover it.

Also this. A lot of people didn't like being promised a big sequel to Rebellion just before its release and then being told to go fanwank something not long after.
>>
>>120606688
Mari Okada tends to have a broader range in terms of story genres but in most of the cases they are not so good at all.
>>
>>120606025
>objectively
Well meme'd, my friend!
>>
>>120611233
>thinking that every anon who doesn't share his opinion is the same anon
>using the bait meme without knowing what a bait is
>"me thinks"
>taking everything like a personal insult and reacting like a butthurt teenager

You were spotted since the beginning, newfag. Go back to lurking.
>>
>>120610091
It did a good job at being a boring and tired look at dystopian societies?
>>
>>120603585
>Gen has massive exposure and consensus quality thanks to madoka, fate/zero, and psycho-pass
>psycho pass
>>120610091
>but it did an excellent job with what it set out to be.
It didn't. It was poorly written and quite dumb.
>>
>>120611723
>It didn't. It was poorly written and quite dumb.
What makes you think so?
>>
>>120609755

>Madoka
>IT TURNS OUT THE CAT WAS EVIL ALL ALONG
>THE CAT WITH RED EYES, AND WHOSE MOUTH DOESN'T MOVE WHEN IT SPEAKS

IT'S SONIC 2006 ALL OVER AGAIN.
>>
>>120611244
>Also this. A lot of people didn't like being promised a big sequel to Rebellion just before its release and then being told to go fanwank something not long after.

He won't be writing the sequel, but they'll bring someone else to continue the series. They can't stop milking it now.
>>
>>120611783
>The twist was brains in a jar
>>
>>120611700
>>120611723
It was an entertaining police procedural with a cast of varied and likeable characters.

The dystopian elements were just window dressing.
>>
>>120611862
>>120611885
>muh twists
Lowest common denominator.
>>
File: 1368727424473.png (288KB, 618x620px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1368727424473.png
288KB, 618x620px
>>120611885
So you base your opinion of the show on the basis of one plot twist? Give me a break, shitposter-kun.
>>
>>120611923
>with a cast of varied and likeable characters.

Like Yayoi right?
>>
>>120611974
>So you base your opinion of the show on the basis of one plot twist?
Nah the show as a whole was poorly written but if you're willing to defend a show that literally explains it's references go right ahead Mr. Jackass
>>
>>120605923
You are a faggot.
>>
>>120611862
what
>>
File: really faggot.png (610KB, 817x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
really faggot.png
610KB, 817x720px
>>120611923
>It was an entertaining police procedural with a cast of varied and likeable characters.

Why is it that people who defend PP have never read a book in their lives?
>>
>>120612028
You are yet to explain why you consider the show poorly-written. Is it too much for you?
>>
>>120603060
Because X are humans.
>>
>>120612087
>You are yet to explain why you consider the show poorly-written

>>120612028
> but if you're willing to defend a show that literally explains it's references
>>
>>120611992

https://archive.moe/_/search/boards/a.m/filename/%20laughing%20comedians/

See how much he shitposts and laugh, fellow anons. Don't forget to report.
>>
>>120611992
Congratulations, you identified one of the least important side characters.

Besides, Yayoi's a cutie.

>>120612028
It wasn't dropping references to look smart. It was dropping references because a college professor of psychoanalysis, his protege, and a theatrical serial killer are all the type of people who would make those references.
>>
>>120612074
https://archive.moe/_/search/boards/a.m/filename/%20really%20faggot/

This guy has no life, only shitposting.
>>
>>120612190
So I guess your comment about varied characters is full of shit?
>>
>>120612176
Trolling. Reported.
>>
>>120612190
>It wasn't dropping references to look smart.
>It was dropping references because a college professor of psychoanalysis, his protege, and a theatrical serial killer are all the type of people who would make those references.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>120612190
Don't reply. You should know better.
>>
File: 1412871963963.png (27KB, 512x323px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1412871963963.png
27KB, 512x323px
>>120612342
I'm sorry, anon. I just like talking about Psycho Pass.
>>
>>120612074
Psycho Piss drinkers do a very poor job of defending the show or explaining what makes it good. It was funny to see them squirm during S2 because it shows that they were just following the hype.
>>
>>120612408
Not with shitposters. You can have a decent discussion with me though.
>>
File: cappuramen bait.webm (109KB, 928x720px)
cappuramen bait.webm
109KB, 928x720px
>>120611992
>>
>>120612238
>shitposting with the same reaction image over and over again
Holy crackers. That's legitimately autistic.
>>
File: que pasa.jpg (129KB, 387x376px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
que pasa.jpg
129KB, 387x376px
>>120612495
>>
File: ya yo yi.webm (11KB, 284x390px)
ya yo yi.webm
11KB, 284x390px
> come into thread
> people shittalking Yayoi
No, fuck you.
Yayoi is the best PP character.
>>
>>120612605
You should see what this guy does on /m/. Basically autism personified.
>>
>>120612495
>224 / 34 / 59
>59 unique posters

So I take it the last 20 posts have been people samefagging and crying troll and shitposter?
>>
>>120612542
>You can have a decent circlejerking with me though.
Fixed.
>>
>>120612685
Who gives a damn.
>>
>>120611177
100% this.
>>
File: 1416784549839.png (117KB, 755x547px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1416784549839.png
117KB, 755x547px
>>120612668
>>
File: ya yo yi.jpg (30KB, 321x382px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ya yo yi.jpg
30KB, 321x382px
>>120612755
Better to shut up and look like an idiot than to speak and confirm it.

Especially if everyone else is kind of retarded.
>>
>>120612815
Come to think of it, there was no likable character in PP. Maybe apart from Masaoka. Everybody is either a dick, a shitty human being or a murderer.
>>
>>120612943
Fuck you, Kogami made that show. Yuki was also great before she got shaved.
>>
File: 1421722500057.png (103KB, 500x336px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421722500057.png
103KB, 500x336px
>>120612670
>there are people who would willingly side with a person like that
>>
>>120612986
What was so great about Yuki?
>>
>>120612943
Kagari, Masaoka and Sawashiro were kind of fun.
And Gino was moe.
>>
>>120612943
You don't have to be a good person to be likeable. See: Walter White from Breaking Bad.
>>
>>120613024
She was completely grounded and level headed, and just a plain old friend to Akane. It's rare to see a character like that, and against the backdrop of PP's other characters, that's Godsend. Ginzo's dad was also bro tier.
>>
>>120612668
I actually stopped watching Psycho-Pass at her episode and she was the only one I cared about.

>>120612943
And this is why I stopped watching. I should get back to it, even though the second show is supposed to be shit.

As long as Gil Kogami's in it, I don't really care.
>>
>>120612706
I mean, he asked the fucks about its supposedly bad writing but a decent argument still hasn't popped up
>>
>>120613050
Gino stopped being a dick at the very end. He was kind of annoying with his daddy issues and immaturity.
>Sawashiro
Who's that?
>>
Why do you guys shitpost about Psycho Pass? Thats barely Uro, same goes to AZ. Shits on something else, like Meduka or Saya no Uta
>>
>>120613091
That's why Makishima was the best and most complex character in the show.
>>
>>120613101
She was a plot device though. She only existed to be killed. She hardly had any character.
>>
Are you guys forgetting Hipster-sensei? I loved him.

>>120613215
He was very charismatic.
>>
File: 1413391662061.png (372KB, 646x756px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413391662061.png
372KB, 646x756px
>>120613134
>he
your game is over
>>
>>120613164
>Who's that?
The seiyuu who voiced her.
I don't remember all the names of all the shows i atched ages ago.
>>
>>120613301
Hipster-sensei was too smug for me. S2 ruined him.
>>
>>120610091
>Saya
>ambitious
Madoka >> Psycho-Pass = SnU
Psycho-Pass is more well written but SnU is funnier if you like spooky stuff
>>
>>120613321
Shion Karanomori
>>
>>120608449
>1980s
I would assume anyone here would know about GitS. It wasn't that great anyway besides being well animated.
>>
>>120613382
SnU wins out by having the main heroine be a eldritch abomination.
>>
File: Kouji_Tonoo.jpg (35KB, 240x320px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Kouji_Tonoo.jpg
35KB, 240x320px
>>120613431
>heroine
Only terrible human beings would think like that.
>>
File: 1414640747992.gif (2MB, 700x393px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414640747992.gif
2MB, 700x393px
>>120613368
>too smug
Over the line, anon.

S2 actually showed a more flawed side of him -- he might have ended up like the corruption fetishist if he studied Akane too much. Or maybe I misinterpreted those scenes.
>>
>>120613109
The second season is written by a different guy and has a totally different feel. It's more on the action side. It also has more shock value than the first series.
>>
>>120608800
Translation? I don't into moon.
>>
>>120613382
>SnU
>funny
The idea of an eldritch abomination being a man's waifu is funny, but the VN itself wasn't.

It was unsettling. Especially the music.

>>120613510
This I agree with. Ffffuck Fuminori.
>>
>>120613256
She was still a likeable friend character. And yes, her whole point was to show what a useless piece of shit Akane is.
>>
>>120613648
>The second season is written by a different guy
>implying it was written at all

>It also has more shock value than the first series.
Cheap shock value. First season actually managed to make me feel something for the characters when they died and I really wanted Makishima to die for what he did. Second season just made me laugh.
>>
>>120612943
I don't think the word you're looking for is likeable, maybe you're thinking relatable? There are plenty likeable characters in PP.
>>
>>120613091
Bu Walter wasn't likable, he was an asshole and I'm glad he's dead.
>>
>>120613779
>implying it was written at all
Well surely it wasn't READ.
Thread posts: 263
Thread images: 41


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.