[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

Why is she so weak compared to her Fate/Zero self?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 56

File: saber530.png (281KB, 530x530px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
saber530.png
281KB, 530x530px
She's been getting her ass kicked all throughout unlimited blade works when in zero she fired off that big ass sword beam and wrecked Casters shit.
>>
Saber is a shit servant.

Even Shirou is more competent then her.
>>
>>120295667
here's your reply
>>
>>120295667
Saber jobs throughout all of F/SN except the Fate route, and she even jobs a little there as well.

Her entire reason for being in UBW is so Rin can win the HGW. Otherwise, she's not allowed to do much because Shirou needs room to develop. It is his route after all. Now if you don't want more spoilers, get to reading, secondary-kun
>>
>>120295667
because read the novel you stupid shit
>>
>>120295667
Because Shirou a shit
>>
File: 1420663216144.jpg (1MB, 1965x1148px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420663216144.jpg
1MB, 1965x1148px
>>120295667
Stat difference due to master who's far less of a magus, and higher tier servants in the fifth war.
>>
>>120295667
Shirou sucks dick as a master. Kiri knew how to use her while Shirou's too busy white-knighting for her to actually be effective. He gets in her way and actively takes blows for her. She's forced instead to keep her master from impaling himself on the enemy's weapons than actually fighting.
>>
>>120296021
This is UBW though, he never gets in her way, unless Archer is involved, and that's more because he wants to fight him.
>>
>>120295667

A servant is only as strong as its master
>>
If we're talking seriously, Nero's stats aren't that bad outside of D rank Strength.

She's mostly a solid A B student, which is more than I can say about a lot of them. Even Arthur is just a C B student under Shirou.

She gets some shit for it, and while its not top tier, it's not too bad comparatively.
>>
>>120296021
That's in Fate, though. Also after Archer wrecks shit up Saber does get better after making a contract with Rin.
>>
Shirou's Seiba is strongest iteration though.
She has access to her to best NP. Rin has better overall stats and dark wormslut has can spam excaliblast with little problems.
>>
>>120296400
To bad that's short lived.
>>
>>120296400
She doesn't really do anything under Rin except destroy the Grail again
>>
>>120296400
>>120296136
He may have somewhat of a brain in UBW, but his guilt complex about being alive allowed Caster to play him like a damn fiddle. If that was any other master, Saber would have never become Caster's personal bitch.
>>
>>120295962
Why does Emiya Archer suck so badly? If only he has more power boost really.
>>
>>120296400
She doesn't get to do shit with Rin as her master aside of destroying the grail.
>>
>>120296573
Shirou is a retard, more news at 11.
>>
>>120296573
What was he supposed to do, let Taiga die?
>>
>>120296442
If you're going by stats by rank

Sakura's Saber = 300
Rin's Saber = 280
Shirou's Saber = 210
Kerry's Saber = 200

Sakura's Saber is the strongest overall, stronger than she was in life by far, but some see it as more of a loss than a gain for some reason.

Loses out on Riding and leadership, but not really the biggest loss when you can energy blast without limit and are surrounded with a permanent barrier of mana fog.
>>
>>120296573
Holding a loved one hostage would put anyone in a situation where they can't be fully rational, martyr complex or not
>>
What if in ten years after UBW, they go to dismantle the Great Grail, and Shirou summons Saber again, with a proper contract, and with his circuits actually open.

He is trained as a magus and can fully use his RM and projection magecraft and is basically a mini Archer.
And posses Avalon so healing.

How would the two of them do?
>>
>>120296573
Yeah, let's just let Caster kill the important parental figure.
>>
>>120296588
Stats don't mean too much in the end, and he's supposed to be Batman the servant.
>>
>>120295962
Why D agility with Sakura? She's a swordsman, how can she suck at agility
>>
>>120296668
Shirou kills himself.
Without the Greater Grail providing the bulk of the mana cost, he is unable to bear the strain of summoning a Servant and dies
>>
>>120296573
To be fair, is not like he had any other option at that situation. Caster was at her full power and his sisterly figure was being threatened. Rin makes too much of a deal about it, but guilt complex or not, is understandable he acted like that when his only family left could have been murdered.

Also that is also partly fault of the writing shoehorning the SoL part of the story.
> Hey Shirou, I know we're in the middle of a war but let's go to a date and leave the only person that isn't a magus and often hangs around your house completely unprotected!
>>
>>120295667
She doesn't actually win all that many fights in Zero.

Her first fight against Lancer is heavily in his favor when the rest of the Servants show up.

She doesn't really do all that much against Caster in the forest until Lancer shows up.

She teams up with two other Servants to take on Cthulhu.

Her next fight with Lancer is cut short by Kerry being Kerry.

I don't recall Rider really trying to fight her when she thinks he's the one who took Iri.

She gets her ass kicked by Lancelot until Kariya runs out of mana.

Then she Excaliblasts the Grail.
>>
>>120296772
Under Sakura, she's more a moving tank, rather than a swordsman in a sense.

Power through the roof, blasting ability through the roof, immovable, and regeneration out the ass. Even if she's not as fast, she becomes that sort of boss fight where if she manages to catch you, you're just dead the second it gets there. It steam-rolls you without question.

A tank may not be the fastest car on the road, but if it collides with any other car, guess which one is going to explode.
>>
>>120296698
I kinda wish he would at least spam this a little bit.
>>
>>120296668
Get some mana generators, then we'll talk.
>>
How is the Luck stat balanced?
>>
>>120296588
If Gilgamesh, the King of Heroes and supposedly the strongest servant got wrecked by a japanese kid that supposedly was a shitty magus, you should know powerlevels don't mean shit in Fate/SN. You'll get a headache trying to get a clear picture of who's more powerful than who, because later it becomes clear anyone can beat anyone if they use the right strategy.
>>
>>120296844
>I don't recall Rider really trying to fight her when she thinks he's the one who took Iri.

He didn't, She blasted his ride and he basically gave up. I don't think He can take Saber in a straight up fight anyway even with his zerg rush reality marble.
>>
>That scene where she literally just stands around watching Shirou fight while her master is off potentially being raped

Saber is shit.
>>
>>120296811
To be fair, none of them were expecting an attack in the day. Most of those tend to happen at night because muh magus code.
>>
>>120296794
>>120296955
I'm meaning the entire thing is basically a proper 6th grail war, and is making people masters again, including Shirou and doing the heavy lifting.

I know that's probably not how that shit goes down, so this is just more of a what if thing.
>>
>>120297050
He only got rekt because he didn't take him seriously.
>>
>>120297018
luck is the ability to overcome fate, the mark of a hero

It just is what it is; in F/SN two servants with E rank luck were the final winners in the various routes.

People overstate it like it's some almighty thing, but in the end that's more of just a meme. If it was such a huge thing, Rider wouldn't have won in HF.
>>
>>120297102
There are other grail wars out there.

There's one that happens on the Moon every so often. Fuyuki one is pretty dead either way.
>>
>>120297095
She has to be in the room for plot reasons. The only reason Shirou survives that fight, and Archer survives being GoB, is because of Avalon. Or at least that's what I've always assumed.
>>
How much black cock can Saber take?
>>
Will there be a fight in UBW that will be as good as Kirei vs Kerry?

No DBZ wankery, boring flashing lights, and people flying fifty feet in the air, but a fight with actual phases and tactics.
>>
>>120297096
The reason they don't fight in the day is because there are too many people around. Rin also attacked Shirou in school after everyone were gone, and that was in the day, you know.

Also they confirmed Kuzuki doesn't give a shit about what Caster does, so they should have known Caster can do pretty much anything she wants. And not like there were witnesses or anything either after she sealed them inside the boundary.

In the VN it happens too, not like the Emiya household is a public gathering place or anything. At least they could have made Archer look after her or something.
>>
>>120297095
That shit made me mad and it still does.

Lancer a best.
>>
>>120297182
Avalon was helping Shirou, but is there really a specific radius? It's not like she was gonna run halfway across the city; it was still the same building.
>>
>>120297096
What gives them the impression that Caster cares for the magus code?
Every encounter thus far has shown her scheming ways.
>>
>>120297050
Well, Nasu really goes out of his way to make sure he's not just writing Bleach or something, where power-levels are a thing.

In something like Bleach, a strong guy could just go "haha, that power doesn't work on me, I'm too bullshit stronger for it to ever work because my power level is too high. You need to be as high as me in power level to ever get close to actually fighting me, but if you're below me in rank I can ignore literally everything you do, it cannot hurt me"

In Fate/Stay Night; anyone can beat anyone, it isn't straight power levels, even if someone is stronger the right strategy, luck, compatibility, skill, team up, or timing and he could be beaten by someone far lower on the scale.

That's honestly how this should work. Gilgamesh is the strongest for sure, this is directly noted, but that doesn't mean he can't lose just the same. Does that mean the one that beats him is the new strongest? No, it just means that was the one able to get in the right shot. However the one that beat him could easily be beaten by someone that wouldn't even be a joke to Gilgamesh in comparison.

It's not really straight Bleach power levels, where "If you beat this guy, that means you're far stronger than him. If you weren't stronger then there's no way your ability could have ever worked". The weak can overcome the strong if they have a decent compatibility in terms of abilities.

That's honestly a good system.
>>
>>120297355
Shirou vs. archer would be better if it wasn't full of them lecturing each other.

HF has better fights.
>>
>>120297355
Shirou vs Archer, Lancer vs Archer, and Shirou vs Gilgamesh are the main highlights here.

Out of those, Lancer vs Archer has the most strategy applied.
>>
File: kansho.png (2MB, 800x1798px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kansho.png
2MB, 800x1798px
>>120297355
In the last route, there's a very high tier fight or two.
>>
she had a great, experienced master for one thing
>>
>>120297355
Battles between servants are never as good as battles between magus, because they can always pull shit out of their ass. Maybe saber vs. assassin, but most of the other fights are just dbz lasers and power levels.
>>
>>120297096
>>120297403
It isn't "muh magus code." It's a Masquerade. Magi keep their activities secret from the general populous because the general populous finding out would be a Very Bad Thing™ for magi. This included Caster.
>>
>>120297444
>Shirou vs. archer would be better if it wasn't full of them lecturing each other.

Fucking retarded. That's the entire point of that scene. It's basically a debate between the two, and sums up the route as a whole. The story hinges on it.
>>
>>120297546
Also because the magic association would hunt them down if there were too many victims and the secret about magic would be threatened to be public. A good example would be Kerry's dad.

They can fight in the day as long as there's no witnesses, Rin said this.
>>
>>120297444
>>120297462
>>120297502
Do those fights have monologuing?

One cool thing about Kirei vs Kerry is that they don't speak a single word to each other the entire fight.
No pausing to mock the opponent, no pausing to discuss power levels. It felt like two men completely determined to kill the other.
Servant battles are filled with tedious monologues.

Maybe their brand of fighting is reserved for non-Servants, who don't have the luxury to pause and brag about powers.
>>
File: spine.png (349KB, 800x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
spine.png
349KB, 800x600px
>>120297502
>>
>>120297653
It's less a monologue and more a dialogue. The whole point of the fight is that it's a clash of ideals between Archer and Shirou.
>>
>>120297653
>Do those fights have monologuing?

Just watch it then

http://youtu.be/znmECWz-8MI?t=20m46s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKSK9_mN1Vc
>>
>>120297403
Even when Caster attacked them in the day, she sealed them inside the boundary and there were no other people other than Shirou, Rin and Saber, and Archer himself said it was pretty hard for him to get in. She is following the code.
>>
>>120297546
What would the populous do? Send jet planes and missiles against her? Is there even a living human with magic that are comparable to her? It has been awhile since I read the VN, did the anime changed that scene much?
>>
>>120297399
That's a good question.Kerry was in the same building as Saber cept she was in a parking garage and he was far underground fighting Kirei yet Avalon still worked.
>>
>>120297725
>The whole point of the fight is that it's a clash of ideals between Archer and Shirou.
And a retarded one, at that.

> shirou ur ideals are wrong, you copy kerry!
> yeah i kno but that's ok, now shut up
> dang it
>>
>>120297653
If they take the monologuing out of Shirou vs Archer, it would be legit grounds for arguing the adaptation's ruined.

You don't get the point of that fight across, then you don't get UBW as a whole.
>>
>>120297399
I don't think so, as long as there's a link to Saber or if there's plot hax.
>>
>>120297653
>tfw almost no anime fights that are just actual fights, with ZERO interruption from on-lookers, internal monologues, dialogues between the two, etc
>>
>>120297823
It's because Kerry is Saber's master.
>>
>>120297816
Eh, I don't get it either, but Touko said something about your magic getting weaker if you let normal humans see it.
>>
>>120297833
You can green text just about anything to look simple and dumb.
>>
>>120297816
In Caster's case, the Magic Association would be on her ass, and could surely overwhelm her with enough Enforcers.

In the case of magi in general, if magecraft became common knowledge it would lose basically all of its Mystery, and thus its power.

>>120297399
Kerry was Saber's Master, distance didn't matter for him because he had a direct link to her mana. Shirou and Archer were not, so they needed to be near her.
>>
>>120297417
I agree, but it sort of steals credibility. Why hype characters to be super powerful for then to be beaten why an informed "weaker" character? After the third time it loses impact. He shouldn't have brought up powerlevels in the first place if they weren't going to be that important in the first place.
>>
>>120297833
> dang it i lost the argument, now like in any civilized discussion i have to stab ur guts :))
> *unsheathes katana*
>>
>>120298006
Anyone with half a brain knows the whole argument was dumb from the start.
There's many things that are built upon something that already exists. Anything nowadays is hardly something super special that nobody has thought about before. There is nothing wrong with Shirou taking inspiration from Kiritsugu to build his ideals, but Archer acts like it makes them less valid because he didn't pulled them out his ass. 30 minutes of monologues saying this in 500 different ways won't make it any deeper or complex than that.
>>
>>120298055
Yeah, but I guess he needed a way to add tension to the fights without having anything bad actually happen to the characters. Someone should have lost a limb or something. That would've done the trick

Too bad it almost never happens in anime, and when it does, the character usually dies soon afterwards
>>
>>120296442
but according to the chart aboce she has a C in NP under Shirou.
>>
>>120298201
Archer was taking his frustrations out on Shirou due to countless years endlessly killing people as a CG. The whole thing was him throwing a tantrum because he got a raw deal. He was frantic and irrational; he even admitted his plan likely wasn't gonna work. The guy just wanted vindication for /someting/.

Seeing Shirou's determination brought him back together though.
>>
>>120298055
Because they are super strong, if the battle was nothing but a straight battle with nothing strange added to it, they would win. This isn't hard to understand.

However this is a war, not a shounen battle tournament. Everyone is allowed to attack how they want, everyone has a chance to win, rather than just "Only the strongest card with the highest stats" can win.

It was never Power-levels to begin with; I'm not sure if you just thought it was supposed to be shounen fights and found it strange afterwords, but it was never that sort of thing. If you've read any Nasu story before this, you'd know he never does Bleach power levels, it was never power levels in that sense.

Gilgamesh is indeed the strongest, in a straight fight he'd win, but this is a war rather than just a battle. No one is just going to attack you in a straight way if they know you hold a stronger card, instead they'll plot around it, fight a way to beat that card without it turning into a battle, or find the right trick.

The greatest irony 90% of people never seen to realize about Nasu "Power levels" during every power level thread, is that it doesn't work like that, it's never straight power levels, nor was it "Wat, but it's supposed to work like shounen". Stats don't matter, Noble Phantasm doesn't really matter, having a higher number doesn't matter, it's all about how you apply yourself. Anyone can beat anyone with the right situation, and that's how Nasu has always written it.

Gilgamesh has won two grail wars and lost one grail war, he's not a jobber in the end. He's managed to break that record. Saber is strong, but she's stupid because she believes in her swordsmanship above all else and just rushes into situations without any guard or understand, and gets fucked up when the opponent had a skill that made it not so easy to beat them. As though she wasn't fighting the apex of humanity that all have tricks and crap that make it not that easy.
>>
>>120298231
>Yeah, but I guess he needed a way to add tension to the fights without having anything bad actually happen to the characters. Someone should have lost a limb or something. That would've done the trick

It would have been very difficult for Shirou to explain to his classmates, school officials, and Taiga why he's suddenly missing an arm. That's why it never happens in anime, or at least in anime with somewhat realistic settings.

Hell, it doesn't happen that often in ANY medium where the setting doesn't easily allow for powerful healing magic or robotic replacement limbs.
>>
>>
>>120298442
How do you think their interactions would be if they were summoned in the same war?
>>
File: 1414381503869.jpg (7KB, 174x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414381503869.jpg
7KB, 174x250px
>>120298419
Don't worry I have to perfect excuse for Shirou's missing arm.

Gas leak
>>
>>120298374
>Gilgamesh has won two grail wars and lost one grail war, he's not a jobber in the end
Its worth noting also that in this grail war he got hit hard by surprises (Avalon, UBW, Sakura).
>>
Why is Gil so obsessed with Saber?

Did the Strongest Servant and King of Heroes really get cucked by a Japanese teenager?
>>
File: Saber cucked.jpg (90KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Saber cucked.jpg
90KB, 1920x1080px
>>120298551
>King of cucks cucking others.
Hilarious.
>>
>>120295667
Shirou's a shitty Master, so all her stats with the exception of Luck are lower than what they were under Kiritsugu. On top of that, due to Shirou's ineptitude as a Magus, he can't even supply her with prana, so she's running entirely on reserves. She desperately needs to conserve her energy; every little thing she does brings her one step closer to death.

The irony is that at the end of the Fate route, Saber under Shirou is probably the strongest out of all her forms, despite her lowered stats, thanks to the addition of a single trump card.
>>
>>120298419
Yeah. Writers are just too scared of breaking the status quo.

It wouldn't necessarily need to happen to Shirou though. It's more or less what happened to Saber for half of Zero, though I wish she actually did lose the arm. Imagine how pissed Takeuchi would have been
>>
File: 1421520795619.jpg (108KB, 850x1493px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421520795619.jpg
108KB, 850x1493px
>>120298551
Everyone in Fate is either open or hiding the fact that they are Saber sexual.


even Kiritsugu.
>>
>>120298503
Trashtalking.
>>
File: 1384640659889.jpg (2MB, 1300x1800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1384640659889.jpg
2MB, 1300x1800px
>>120298551
Cute blond-haired waifu. What more could you want?

>>120298695
Tusia is great; her art-style is so close to Takeuchi's as well.
>>
>>120298749
>aoi_miyamori.jpg
>>
File: 09_20120422201637.jpg (8KB, 433x242px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
09_20120422201637.jpg
8KB, 433x242px
>>120298695
>even Kiritsugu
>>
>>120298374
Does this mean that, given the right circumstances, Gil could be killed by Waver?
>>
>>120298419
>It would have been very difficult for Shirou to explain to his classmates, school officials, and Taiga why he's suddenly missing an arm.

Cooking accident.
>>
File: 1405606768581.jpg (351KB, 849x1157px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405606768581.jpg
351KB, 849x1157px
>>120298794
He can resist all he wants but deep down he knows it's true.

And if he doesn't, Takuechi will make him.
>>
File: Kiritsugu_upset.jpg (57KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Kiritsugu_upset.jpg
57KB, 1920x1080px
>>120298794
>Picture for ants
>>
All things considered, was Kerry a good parental figure?
>>
File: 030.jpg (153KB, 977x1400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
030.jpg
153KB, 977x1400px
>>120298794
Maybe if he were in a different situation anon... Saber is just too cute to resist.
>>
File: 1413483786019.png (341KB, 726x375px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413483786019.png
341KB, 726x375px
>>120298794
>>
>>120298551
Well, there's not much of an explanation in the beginning, since Gil's only role in Fate (where his obsession with Saber is a plot point) is being the NTR guy threatening to steal the waifu from the MC.

But is more explained in other works. In Zero he takes an interest in Saber because of the misery that was her life and how she was beginning to realize her decisions and ideals where her downfall, which amused him a lot. In Extra he basically says Saber is her ideal woman. Is basically Gil thinking Saber's suffering makes her special and Saber being his type of girl.

Admittedly, Zero Gil seems to be more invested in Saber's past and how it affected her, while in Fate he's just the NTR guy who's bad for trying to steal the MC's girl and wants to fuck Saber for no reason whatsoever.
>>
>>120298867
Not to Shirou, no. Repeatedly left him to try and get Ilya, and trained him incompletely which led him nearly killing himself every night.
>>
>>120298977
but Shirou grew up to be a seigi no mikata and a good person
>>
>>120298860
>>120298873
I'm about to command seal the bitch slap out of you two.
>>120298863
Bigger pictures are overrated. If it makes your autsim swell that mush here.
>>
>>120298695
>even Kiritsugu.
Didn't he truly despise her down to his very core? I mean he treated her as a tool, only spoke to her three times, and the few times all three were together he ignored her outright like she wasn't there. Dude hated the shit out of Saber. Even zero lancer got a tongue lashing from fast wheels every now and then. I think the only servant to get worse treatment was Medusa. Thanks to Shinji's punk ass she gets killed off in one hit in that route, and completely obliterated in the saber route. Caster killed the shit out of first master even if it met fading away and losing a shot at the grail.
>>
>>120297502
>tfw we will never ever see Sparks Liner High animated

Feels bad.
>>
>>120299009
Only indirectly because of Kerry.
>>
>>120299009
Means don't justify the ends, go away Kerry.
>>
File: 1360380289439.jpg (107KB, 950x1000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1360380289439.jpg
107KB, 950x1000px
>>120299010
Try it, nerd.
>>
>>120298867
Nah.
>>
File: 749287492834792834.png (768KB, 1684x914px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
749287492834792834.png
768KB, 1684x914px
from /r9k/
>>
>>120295667
because Shirou is a shitty mage
wait until Rin become her master
>>
File: 1417999342780.jpg (176KB, 901x740px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417999342780.jpg
176KB, 901x740px
>>120299148
The most exciting part of the day is here!
>>
File: 1389054386104.jpg (127KB, 799x603px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1389054386104.jpg
127KB, 799x603px
>>120299037
>Didn't he truly despise her down to his very core?
No, he was entirely opposed to her ideals and methods. However, when it came down to it, their goals of saving people were remarkably similar. Iri also mentioned that Kerry was mad instead at the people around Saber who forced such a young girl into that harsh leadership role.

Therefore, those Saber x Kerry doujins could technically be canon in multiverse.
>>
>>120299037
No. Cu had it worst. Stolen from his original master that loved him, forced to be a jobber for a stronger asshole when he just wanted a good fight and then ordered to kill himself. Being Lancer is suffering
>>
File: 1414092552856.png (299KB, 633x351px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414092552856.png
299KB, 633x351px
>>120299010
>>120299037
Saber and Kiritsugu are cute together deal with it. Saber's harem will continue to expand until it includes everyone.
>>
>>120299219
Bazette didn't love Cu. She only wished somewhere that she could help him after reading his myth. She really loved Kirei, and he's the reason she even enters the war.
>>
>>120299211
>Saber who forced such a young girl into that harsh leadership role.

Great, now we know where Shirou's sexism came from. Also, he got it twisted
>>
>>120299074
Means justify the ends when you win

Means don't justify the ends when you fail
>>
To bad Saber dies horribly and alone.
And will never know true happiness.
>>
File: 1420579480829.jpg (169KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420579480829.jpg
169KB, 1400x700px
>>120299351
Had Saber not been surrounded by so many muscular, testosteroned knights, I'm sure she would have grown up to be a wonderful lady.

>>120299440
ufotable why? ;_; Why didn't you stop this, Takeuchi?
>>
>>120299211
>at the people around Saber who forced such a young girl into that harsh leadership role.
But nobody forced Saber to become a King. There's an entire monologue about Saber taking the decision out of her own free will, and they empathize a lot that everyone warned her about the consequences of being the King, and she still decided to go through with it.

I don't remember that scene well enough, but wasn't he mad that nobody told Saber that she could still serve her people without neglecting herself?
>>
File: 1413440336526.jpg (816KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413440336526.jpg
816KB, 1440x810px
>>120299440
Saber and Shirou fuck like rabbits in Avalon for eternity deal with it.
>>
>>120299093
>>120299310
It wasn't that much an effort with the command seal really. Behold The "king".
>>
>>120299440
Saber can literally only die once she finds happiness. Her contract is based on her either obtaining the grail, or becoming at peace with herself and deciding she doesn't want it by intentionally destroying it
>>
>>120299502
Isn't what why despite seeing the excailbur she fired off that Rider calls it a lonely and self righteous light? How'd the narration go for that scene again? Because he's kinda right. something about warriors of all times to remain steadfast in their battles or something.
>>
File: 1410548651660.jpg (24KB, 401x386px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1410548651660.jpg
24KB, 401x386px
>>120299310
Sometimes I wonder what's inside shippers minds when they decide what to ship.
This reminds me of the people that ship Kaworu and Asuka.
>>
>>120299502
>I don't remember that scene well enough, but wasn't he mad that nobody told Saber that she could still serve her people without neglecting herself?
Here, this is the scene I'm talking about.
>>
>>120299538
Saber will always be there for her master no matter how hard he resists.
>>
>>120299502
Kerry is mad at what happened for the reasons stated(at the people around Saber who forced such a young girl into that harsh leadership role) but this is only an off hand comment that Irisviel makes about his opinion of Saber. Other than their one dialogue together you never learn anything more about what he thinks of her.

The rest of what you're talking about is only discussed in Fate during Shirou's dreams where Saber knew she was destined to fail when she picked up the sword but would still try anyway. Shirou has a similar opinion to Kerry, but he was more mad that no one ever bothered to help her and speak out that she could be doing something wrong.
>>
File: 1393480469395.jpg (109KB, 500x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1393480469395.jpg
109KB, 500x500px
Would you still like Fate/SN if Rin had been an optional female protagonist, like they initially wanted her to?
>>
>>120299915
I'd imagine a lot of people would like it more, considering the amount of complaints about Shirou's denseness.
>>
>>120299915
How the fuck should I know? It'd depend on how it turned out.
>>
>>120299915
Of course. Might have liked it even more, depending on the execution.
>>
>>120299938
There's the chance of Shirou's denseness being translated into Rin's tsundereism. Judging by the prologue it probably be Rin wanting to fuck Archer but being too tsun to admit it, thus prolonging the romance.
>>
>>120300087
>Judging by the prologue it probably be Rin wanting to fuck Ayako but being too tsun to admit it
Fix'd
>>
>>120299915
Would it have separate Shirou and Archer routes, or would they start as the same, but then branch?
>>
>>120300381
Backwards. Nasu said he planned for Shirou and Rin to have their own routes, and then at some point in the story they would merge into a single route. But he couldn't find a way to do this so he discarded the idea.

I don't know about Archer but damn I'm curious about that mana transfer scene, if you catch my meaning.
>>
>>120300240
Ayako would be the homo route, of course.
>>
>>120299915
So long as her personality was the same. Otome protagonists are usually terrible

I can't help but think it'd just turn into something like Extra, though, where there would be little reason to play one over the other. The game would be just too long for it to turn out otherwise
>>
>>120300625
I agree. I'd take Rin as a protagonist any day over the boring blob of angst that is that chick from Fate/Prototype.
>>
>>120298695
>>120298794
>>120299010
>>120299310
>>120299538
Saber Alter and Kiritsugu are perfect together, they can share in their love for the fast food hamburger.
>>
>>120300615
There's just not enough boys in the story for her to be chasing. Shirou's a given. You could definitely make a strong case for Archer, but their relationship still felt completely platonic. And aside from that, there's... I dunno, Lancer? Shinji? Issei?
>>
>>120300830
So Lancer, super tsun Issei and Kotomine bad end?
>>
>>120300830
Lancer could be an option, in UBW he joked a bit about flirting with Rin.

>but their relationship still felt completely platonic
Is pretty clear there's nothing in Archer's side, but Rin was wetting herself over him since the start. In the prologue she talks about how her heart was going doki doki when he teased her.

>>120300964
More like Shinji rape bad end.
>>
Is Shirou morally good?
>>
>>120300830
Shinji is bad end tier. Lancer and Issei sound more plausible. Though I see nothing wrong with just saying fuck it and give her all of the girls to screw around.
>>
>>120301029
If she was into Archer, Rin probably would have made a move. She's an assertive girl
>>
>>120301042
Neutral good but chaotic good in MoS

Kiritsugu is Chaotic good.
>>
>>120301189
>Kiritsugu is Chaotic good.
Kiritsugu is Lawful Evil. Ends explicitly do not justify the means in D&D alignment.
>>
>>120301189
>implying ethical stances can be summed up in shitty simplistic /tg/ alignments
>>
>>120301235
Maybe I'm using the same alignment system that makes Gilgamesh chaotic good?
>>
>>120301162
Their end in UBW sounds pretty romantic in Rin's side (she calls him her knight). However, Rin thinks of servants as tools and not people, she might have thought having a romance with Archer would be useless since he's going to disappear anyways.
That's only my reasoning, though.
>>
>>120301240
D&D alignments. Not all of /tg/ plays D&D, and as far as I can tell prefer alignment free games.
>>
>>120301316
>and as far as I can tell prefer alignment free games.
Pretty sure D&D or at least "generic Tolkien-inspired fantasy a la D&D" is the most frequently discussed sort of setting. Even the D&Dfags can generally admit that alignment is sort of shit.
>>
Kaleid is the highest selling tv show on PSN. Thats weird.
>>
>>120301292
Chaotic Good Gil makes sense to me. He thinks he's making the world a better place, even if not everybody agrees with his idea of a better world or the methods he wants to use to achieve that.
He has good intentions, but he's just too destructive and selfish to bring any good to the world.
>>
>>120301482
Servants' good/evil alignment axis is more of a personality thing anyway, instead of a morality thing.
>>
>>120301482
As far as I can tell, he really only cares about himself and his own goals. He may think that he's doing good for others because that's how he thinks a king should act, but it doesn't really matter to him anyway. He should be True Neutral
>>
>>120301482
Hes Chaotic Evil. There is nothing about his actions or endgame. Its all for his own selfish, self centered self.
>>
>>120301305
Not that anon, but it sounded more melancholic to me from her perspective. Like saying goodbye to a friend that stuck by your side through difficult times and now you have to see them go. But well, different interpretations.
>>
>>120301235
Kiritsugu is chaotic-neutral now that a re-read them, with maybe a bit of chaotic good.
>A Chaotic Neutral character is an individualist who follows his or her own heart, and generally shirks rules and traditions. Although Chaotic Neutral characters promote the ideals of freedom, it is their own freedom that comes first; good and evil come second to their need to be free. Chaotic Neutrals are free-spirited and do not enjoy the unnecessary suffering of others. A Chaotic Neutral character does not have to be an aimless wanderer; it may have a specific goal in mind, but its methods of achieving that goal are often disorganized, unorthodox, or entirely unpredictable. If a Chaotic Neutral joins a team, it is because that team's goals happen to coincide with its own at the moment, but it invariably resents taking orders and can be very selfish in its pursuit of personal goals.
>>
>>120301604
>>120301633
His goal is to use the mud of the grail to wipe out all humans that aren't worthy to be under his rule. He's upset humans of the modern world are weak in comparison with the humans he ruled over. In his views, he's doing the world a favor by making sure only worthy beings are in it, even if it means destroying everything.

Of course he's self-centered and selfish, but he genuinely thinks he's doing the right thing. True Neutral wouldn't give two shits about what humans do or don't. Chaotic Evil wouldn't do either because even if Gil is insanely self-centered, he is genuinely upset about the current state of the world, meaning he does care to some extent about his "garden".
>>
>>120301887
I suppose I was thinking more of Zero Gil. SN Gil is corrupt, so any judgments about him have to be taken with that in mind
>>
>>120301887
There is nothing in your post that isn't compatible with an evil alignment. You can be evil even if your goal is something you can present as good. Especially when your means of accomplishing it are incredibly evil and your motivations are incredibly selfish.
>>
>>120301994
>SN Gil is corrupt
I think they said the grail didn't corrupt him after all. His ego was too big.
>>
>>120302088
The grail couldn't completely consume him because of his ego, but it had an effect on his mind nonetheless. Not to mention his body was formed entirely from black mud magic. He is literally made of evil.
>>
>>120302008
>A chaotic evil character does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do.
While this fits part of Gil's character, his cleansing goal is out of his duty as king, not something born out of his selfishness. He talked about this to Shinji with the 10 slaves examples. He couldn't kill a single one because he deemed them all worthy of being his underlings.
>>
>>120302169
>, but it had an effect on his mind nonetheless.
No, I think either in Fate or UBW Gil says the grail couldn't corrupt him one bit.
In Fate Saber asks Gil if he had gone mad after being bathed in the mud, and he doesn't answer. In UBW I think he says he isn't corrupted one bit and the grail couldn't beat him.
>>
>>120302192
Also there's other example with Waver. He didn't kill Waver because he admired his loyalty to Rider. A Chaotic Evil wouldn't have done that.
>>
>>120295667
The writer realized how fucking ridiculous was the Transgender shit was and tried to amend his stupidity.
Archer is light years stronger than that cunt
>>
File: 1379226923968.gif (333KB, 289x149px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1379226923968.gif
333KB, 289x149px
>>120302407
>transgender
Stop being stupid, anon.
>>
>>120302407
Which is why in her very first appearance, Saber incapacitates Archer for half the fucking route and very nearly kills him
>>
File: 1365963680740.png (590KB, 934x617px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1365963680740.png
590KB, 934x617px
>>120302407
>Archer is light years stronger than that cunt
>>
>>120302620
In almost every concievable scenario Archer>>Saber.
>>
>>120302538
Amending ridiculous errors.
>>
File: bait2.png (113KB, 625x626px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bait2.png
113KB, 625x626px
>>120302724
>>120302407
>>
>>120302538
Well to be fair he directly notes he was holding back.

I mean in HF he beats her single handedly.
>>
>>120302538
Because he was caught completely off-guard and was forced to decide between protecting rin or taking a slash to the torso.
>>
Shirou is such a shitty master in general that she has to fuck the mana out of him to be able to do anything. It wasn't until she gave him the blowjob of the millenium that she managed to win big and go for the gold.
>>
>>120302818
That's Shirou with Archer's arm against Saber with lower Instinct and Agility. It's not really comparable.
>>
>>120302818
Doesn't count, Shirou was effectively dead afterwards even if he did win.

You'd have a stronger argument with the bridge fight in HA, but even then, the only reason he could win is because everything was to his advantage there. He couldn't beat her for shit at close range
>>
File: 1413457783550.jpg (142KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413457783550.jpg
142KB, 1280x960px
>>120295962
>Saber with Kiritsugu
>Luck : D
>>
>>120303026
An archer's at a disadvantage at close range? Color me shocked.
>>
>>120303026
Saber only survived the encounter because Shirou used a command spell.
>>
>>120303039

Her personal luck was stupid high in Zero. She won every battle, missed fatal blows on multiple occasions, cruised by several group victories, survived unfavorable situations, and made it to the very end of the war. And she didn't even have to fuck anyone to do it.
>>
>>120303106
Archer using Calabolg and Hrunting is so effective that it makes me wonder why he barely ever uses them. K&B should be a last resort, not an opening play
>>
>>120302952
And Shirou was in process of dying during the whole fight.

The difference of speed between vanilla saber and alter is minimal.
She was easily keeping up with Rider who had A-rank agility
>>
>>120303303

Because Archer doesn't want to win HGW. The afterlife is basically retirement for him.
>>
>>120303303
Because Broken Phantasms cost a lot more prana than just projecting K&B again. Also the charge time is long as tits.
>>
>>120303303
The dude was pretty much just fucking around during the 5th war. All he really wanted to do was deal with Shirou. HA showed him when he was serious.
>>
File: 1417908911043.jpg (345KB, 1280x1556px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417908911043.jpg
345KB, 1280x1556px
>>120303172
Who wouldn't with friends like these around?
>>
>>120303358
That shouldn't really matter with Rin being the biggest mana tank in the War besides Ilya and Dark Sakura

>>120303369
His actions in Fate make no sense with that explanation though
>>
File: B4zIEfmCMAE_a9X.jpg (50KB, 499x1122px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
B4zIEfmCMAE_a9X.jpg
50KB, 499x1122px
>>120303172
>>120303433
>>
>>120303502
He was seriously injured by Saber in the third day and never really had a chance to recover.
>>
File: 1336901366681.jpg (71KB, 300x297px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1336901366681.jpg
71KB, 300x297px
>>120295962
>Lancer
>Luck : E
Everytime.
>>
>>120296644
You're forgetting ++ multipliers.
>>
>>120303536
He could have still killed Shirou whenever. He could have let him and the others die to Berserker
Did he just remember Shirou had Avalon in him and give up on trying?

And why was he even serious in HA? That fight confused the fuck out of me.
>I'll kill you if you cross this bridge because it's my territory because I say so
>Why is it bad if you cross this bridge? Because I say it is, look I want to kill monsters, mkay?
>>
>>120303681
Archer wanted to get Shirou to drop his ideals more than anything. That's why he never just straight up murdered him. It's only when he becomes exceedingly frustrated by Shirou's stubbornness that he actively considers offing him.
>>
>>120303859
Yeah, I know, but you'd think saving him would also be something he'd be hesitant to do.
He doesn't take all that many jabs at Shirou in Fate either. I remember hoping he'd show up a lot more than he did the first time I read it
>>
>>120295667
Because a story needs conflict and hardship or it isn't a story at all. Why do you think people fucking hate SAO so much? She can't use excaliblast cause Shirou doesn't provide her with mana like Kerry did. And even if she could, she doesn't use it casually as it is capable of incredible collateral damage.
>>
>>120303930
Archer likes Rin and he likes Saber. He probably bit the bullet in the Berserker fight for them more than anything. I mean even in UBW he was trying to set things up so Rin was in the war and got Saber as a servant. His business with Shirou was his own.

If he lived long enough in Fate, I assume he would have excecuted a similar plan to the one he was working in the next route. He just didn't get a chance to recover.
>>
>>120301029
>It's pretty clear there's nothing on Archer's side
Ever play Extra? Archer is ridiculously, unbelievably tsundere for Rin
>>
>>120304043
Saber doesn't use it as much because it is a huge drain on her prana reserves. She can use Excalibur without causing any damage to anyone aside from her target.
>>
>>120298055
This. Saber is the worst offender. Aside of blowing up grails and squids she hasn't really shown the kind of skill that justifies the hype around her. I mean she nearly got defeated by a flag of stairs for fucks sake.

Can we agree Saber is a shit fighter with OP equipement? Really aside of her ultimate beamsword and no sell defense she's nothing special.
>>
>>120304259
Her going head to head with Lancelot using Arondight and coming out even was pretty impressive considering she doesn't use a NP for that fight, Lancelot's stats are insane and he knew her fighting style in and out
>>
File: 1400527105557.jpg (252KB, 1088x1434px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1400527105557.jpg
252KB, 1088x1434px
>>120304259
Reminds me of this
>>
Saber is practically just a human girl with a dragon mana core, and is a specialist in straightforward burst damage, 3rd level limit breaks and limited invulnerability. She goes against gods, demigods and humans with weapons which apply status changes or are specialized for killing. For her to take them on, fight and survive... I think that's a big feat for someone as small as her.
>>
>>120304600
>straighting_out_your_defeciences.jpg
>>
>>120304600
Fucking HA. Did Saber seriously have no good scenes in that game other than the few plot scenes she was in? I've even see people say they enjoy Sakura's HA scenes, but no one says anything about Saber's.
>>
>>120304600
That's fucking cute, holy shit!
>>
>>120295667
Because she is limited on Mana. That's it. In the h-feels route she shows her "real" strength.

Now how the fuck do I stop the music on the main page it's pissing me off.
>>
>>120304697
If only Emiya was blessed with a dragon manna code it would be badass.
>>
>>120304809
I liked Saber's scenes.
>>
>>120304862
Mute your pc.
>>
>>120304862
Get adblock.
>>
>>120304697
Straight up gods aren't allowed in the HGW in case you forgot. Plus Saber gets massive fame boosts everywhere, apparently, or else people wouldn't be able to recognize Excalibur on sight. She also gets fairy blessings and uses a holy sword and is also a CG to be, so she might get power from Alaya as well. She's not "just a girl", she trained to be a knight since she was a kid. She's a warrior who's just as qualified to be a Servant as any other Servant we see and quite a bit more qualified than certain other Servants.
>>
>>120305014
I listen to other music while surfing 4chan.
>>120305041
I have adblock, it's not an ad.
>>
>>120305108
She doesn't get any power from Alaya, because she's not a CG. Archer as a Servant doesn't get that too. Plus, fame boost is only applicable if the Servant was summoned in their place of origin, like Ireland for Choochoo Train or Deermud.
>>
>>120304404
And Arondight is a dragonslaying sword. Having one's body powered by a dragon is more than enough to trigger it.
The only thing in that fight that went in Saber's favor was Kariya's tank running dry at the last moment.
>>
>>120305418
Fame boost is applicable everywhere, it's just strongest at the point of origin. But for a Heroic Spirit as famous as King Arthur, it'd absolutely stand to reason she'd gain some power from it even outside Wales
>>
>>120304809
>There are no good scenes in some fan made wank

Gee, I wonder why.
>>
File: nlbw.png (295KB, 600x449px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nlbw.png
295KB, 600x449px
>>120298231
>Someone should have lost a limb or something.
>>
File: Smug_Len.gif (31KB, 250x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Smug_Len.gif
31KB, 250x250px
>>120305847
>HA
>fanwank
>>
File: Kuro_vs_Miyu.webm (3MB, 720x404px)
Kuro_vs_Miyu.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>120301467
That's because Kaleid blows any other animated Fate show out of the water.
>>
>>120306891
Well, it does cater to pedophiles.
>>
>>120306933
TM does a lot of weird shit, but I can't help but wonder if they genuinely wanted to do Prisma or if they just wanted pedobucks and otaku dollars
>>
>>120307012
Is it even connected to Type-Moon beyond its content? From what I can find it doesn't look like TM is at all involved in publishing or adapting it.
Might help to explain the sheer magnitude of the pedobait
>>
>>120307228
It's published in a magazine where most other VN manga series are published, and Prisma Illya herself had been exposed in the official character material that Type-Moon themselves released before Kaleid was a thing.

What else does it need to be connected to Type Moon?
>>
>>120295667
If you're smart compared to normalfags then you're average when among people as smart as you. Same thing.
>>
>>120298374
>all that insight
>all that pointless repetition
Nasu what are you doing this isn't nippon
>>
File: This is you.jpg (70KB, 695x407px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
This is you.jpg
70KB, 695x407px
>>120302786
>If it doesn't agree with my view it's bait!!!!!!!!

Fucking Christ Type Moonies get a fucking grip.
>>
Type-Moon fans really make me cringe and help me realize that this is a franchise that can't be discussed or shared without jackasses shitting up the place.
>>
>>120307012
Have you ever read Kagetsu Tohya? Lolicon is not new territory for TM.
>>
>>120308179
It's very rare to find a TM thread without any 'bait.jpg' fags.
>>
File: Amused Rin.jpg (55KB, 854x802px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Amused Rin.jpg
55KB, 854x802px
>>120308019
>>
>>120308368
Because it's rare for there to be a TM thread where SOME FAGGOT who hasn't even read the VNs isn't trying to stir shit up.
>>
>>120308428
If you haven't read the material books you are a secondary.

>muh sacred VN picture book powerpoint presentation

Fuck off.
>>
>>120308368
A lot of the threads here are just one guy circle jerking an idea and if you disagree or have any kind of differing opinion they get really fucking mad at you.

Reddit's Fate threads are identical. They are two sides of the same coin, they just can't admit it.
>>
>>120308500
>I shouldn't have to read the source material that's been available in English because I don't want to

If you tried to pull that shit in a thread for any anime adaptation of a translated manga or LN you'd be ridiculed just as hard. You're the one that should fuck off.
>>
>>120308621
Go back to reddit.
>>
>>120308621
It sounds like you're just an idiot who gets mad when people point that out.

>Reddit's Fate threads
>implying you go to reddit
Mystery solved.
>>
File: cheap drama.jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cheap drama.jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
All of these shitty Fate threads. Why do I even fucking bother.
>>
>>120308684
Most of them have been pretty good since about a week after the first cour of UBW ended. This one just ended up taking a turn for the worse.
>>
>>120308684
if we wait a couple years it just might, just maybe, get a little bit better.
>>
>>120308638
>I shouldn't have to read the source material that's been available in English because I don't want to

where did he say that? if he read the material books then he would have understood japanese well enough to read it?
>>
>>120308716
We just have to wait for the seasons when big TM anime aren't airing. UBW S2 is going to be just as bad as S1, but I doubt 2wei Herz threads are going to draw the same crowd of shitposters when that starts airing, and the HF movie, being a movie, probably won't be on the public radar for as long as a TV series is. And of course there's the rest of this season.
>>
>>120308684
I liked Type-Moon a whole lot more before I knew /a/ was a thing.

So many bitter and cynical assholes who recycle the same shit over and over again.
>>
>>120308783
We're gonna reach max shitposting capacity with UBW2. The next cour is where everything real goes down.
>>
>>120308706
This. Almost all of the Type-Moon threads I've been in lately have been good and full of interesting discussion.
>>
>>120308848
>bitter and cynical assholes

People have been straining water out of the dry towel that is Fate/stay night for the last couple years. Check out anything that isn't a F/SN thread related to TypeMoon, the quality of posts is significantly better, especially if you find people who want to actually talk about it and not start another shitshow like this thread became.
>>
>>120295749
Shirou wrecks her 1v1
>>
>>120309012
Right, but before then he gets his ass handed to him by the same Saber, who is barely containing herself from slaughtering him in pure rage, and gets chastized for holding back.
>>
>>120309113
Well Nasu had the shadow to kill of every servant that would have killed Alter.
>>
>>120309113
Are you talking about when she was under Caster's control or when she was under Sakura's control?
>>
>>120295667
I know you're trolling but I'll bite because there are people who actually think this.
1) The servants (and some of the masters) of this HGW are absolute fucking monsters in all respects, unlike F/Z's who all had general flaws with one critical advantage. Curses, direct counters, etc were the way F/Z rolls. F/SN is full of servants who are complete and utter monsters even before their Noble Phantasm comes into play,
2) She can't spam her trump card like she would in F/Z if Kerry had any common sense. Reason being that Shirou is barely providing any magical power at all due to his shit life force and od (as far as magus go).
3) She jobs in F/Z too. She just finishes up every arc.
4) The enemy masters are actually intelligent and let their servants use their own tactics properly. Shirou is the opposite, unfortunately, and keeps getting saber screwed up.
5) Just wait until cour 2 to see how different the powerlevels are in FSN lmao.
>>
File: 1414095852375.jpg (400KB, 1000x820px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414095852375.jpg
400KB, 1000x820px
now that I have a F/SN thread handy, I would like to ask something about Saber Alter

To how far did the blackening affect her personality? was it the blackening itself or the fact that she found out that she had been fighting and selling her soul for a wish that the grail would have not granted from even the beginning of the 4th GW?
>>
>>120295962
Daily reminder that Luck and NP are the only stats that matter.
>>
>>120309333
Well, she came to the same realization in both Fate and UBW and didn't turn into an angsty emo kid, so I'd say most of the personality change came from the blackening.
>>
>>120309336
>NP
>stats mattering
I'd take the Gay Bulge over most A or higher NPs
>>
>>120309333
She was constantly repressing the rage of the black mud so the only emotions she had left were poetic/literate/artistic ones and muh chivalty.
>>
>>120309379
but she had Shirou and/or Rin in those routes , in HF she is left alone inside 8 gorrillion
what was the actual number of curses?
>>
Is the visual novel really that good?
>>
>>120309526
Which is why I said MOST of the personality change.

I doubt she'd come out of a grail mud bath much better if she had Shirou as a Master.
>>
>>120309333
She just lost her ahoge
>>
>>120309630
You're skimming the surface of the story with only the anime. There are subtleties, narrative twists, and character motivations you can't see without having gone through the VN.

http://sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=704566
>>
>>120309383
And fail to kill anyone but you and your master?
>>
>>120309798
Gae Bolg is has a low activation cost, is an instant kill, and as long as you don't have E-Rank Luck you can guarantee a kill on virtually anything
>>
>>120309827
I always thought that owner's luck has little to do with Gae Bolg's success and the target's luck is important.
>>
>>120309630
monologues, dead ends, different choices... too much information to put in an anime

and the OST, damn that OST
>>
File: servstats.jpg (1MB, 1965x1148px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
servstats.jpg
1MB, 1965x1148px
>>120295667
Shirou is a shit master

It does not matter if you summoned the strongest hero and figure if you're a crappy magus or worse

Shirou should have summoned Enkidu, his stats varies and can shit out different NPs to counter the enemy Servant's NP

Having a slightly weakened Enuma Elish also helps
>>
>>120309929
Saber really isn't that much of a powerhouse though. A pretty fucking large amount of Servants can handle her more than easily enough, and the only time she could ever be considered a major threat is when she is given Avalon
>>
>>120309867
Correct. But muh E-Rank luck, and Lancer is suffering seems to have warped peoples memories.
>>
Doesn't Saber have a battery Shirou activates and gives her a giant engine to work with?

What happened to that in UBW and HF?
>>
>>120295667
Everyone to enjoy the UBW.
Everyone, please Zero forget. Character is completely different.
Saber and Kiritsugu and Archer are similar really well.
They are efficient philosopher, and sacrifices easily his life for someone.
I do not know the meaning of UBW sequel If you do not know it.

Photo cover of novel called Garden of avalon.
>>
>>120309929
Saber's stats in Zero make absolutly no sense.
>>
>>120310218
I do not know the meaning of UBW sequel If you do not know it.

What.
>>
>>120310302
>stats [...] make absolutly no sense.
>>
>>120310323
Pretend I green texted that.
>>
>>120310218
I like you, Japan. Good analysis.
>>
>>120310218
I am thank
>>
>>120295962
is this the real stat char?, how the fuck dracula summoned in romania have less stats than king arthur in japan?
>>
>>120310709
How the fuck does Trunks have a higher power level than Frieza?
>>
>>120310709
Because SEEEIIBAAAHpandering
>>
Do you guys look at Zero as its own thing or as an extension of F/SN?
>>
>>120310218
Did Nasu write this?
>>
>>120310926
Fate/Zero is a meme
>>
>>120310929
Takuechi had a gun to his head for his comments at the Ufotable staff meeting.

>"Fate, as its core, isn't interesting. Saber just isn't a good heroine. Audiences will lose focus and won't want to watch it.
Let's focus on Unlimited Blade Works and tunnel in Heaven's Feel after that."
>>
>>120310929
Yes!
This is a benefit of BD
>>
>>120310794
Why the fuck doesn't rock beat paper?
>>
>>120310958
He's like a battered housewife. Poor guy.
>>
>>120295962
holy shit Tokiomi Gil was op as fuck, he must have been really bored with him
Would had been nice to see Rin saber vs Gwain
>>
>>120295962
Wait, Shirou Kotomine is on CCC? why the fuck isn't this translated yet?
>>
>>120307383
So you're basically saying Saber is nothing special when among other servants and the "muh strongest servant" bullshit was created by some shirty people/magus that overhyped her feats?
>>
>>120310709
Knowing Nasuverse he wasn't even dracula yet but just Vlad by his summoning?
>>
>>120311638
she isn't dead yet, she only has excalibur on fate/sn and zero, if she was dead and becomes a complete servant then she would have avalon, caliburn and Excalibur, then she would be op as fuck you surely didn't read shit did you?
>>
File: 1418869079552.png (168KB, 369x367px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418869079552.png
168KB, 369x367px
>>120310218
>>
Because is F/Z she actually had a real master.
In FSN she literally ran on semen.
>>
>>120310218
>I do not know the meaning of UBW sequel If you do not know it.

He's talking about people who call UBW a sequel to Zero, right?
>>
>>120311741
As said. A lame fighter with OP equipement, nothing changes.

Flag of fucking stairs.
>>
>>120311975
If you look at it that way the only servant that doesn't fit that description should be Berserker and maybe Arcueid And Emiya
>>
File: 1410464253611.png (23KB, 198x202px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1410464253611.png
23KB, 198x202px
>>120310218
God dammit Nasu, your english sucks. Play some more shit in english.
>>
>>120311638
No, he's saying Servants in 5th war are stronger.
>>
>>120312083
Worry don't, looking the most at Bloodborne, I can has a ps4 by now thanks
>>
>>120311638
Saber has the highest and most balanced stat distrubution which technically makes her the "strongest". Saber can still get wrecked like any other servant since class =/= servant strength.
>>
>>120312148
>not already owning a PS4
Nasu pls. Get back to working on Tsukihime remake.
>>
>>120311841
"I wake up and make sounds similar to an animal."
>>
>>120311741
Only in Europe.
>>
"…… Um, Tohno-kun. How can you say that?
I will admit that you have very good athletic abilities. Even though you have a weak constitution, your body itself is excellent."
Slumping her shoulders, Senpai says something very surprising.
"…… R, really?"
The tension seems to disappear, and I blurt that out in response.

"Yes. Tohno-kun, you got naked when you spent the night at my house. I saw you then. Not flabbiness, but tight muscles.
You were far away, but I thought your body was very well-formed."
"…… Naked-----But I, didn't get naked."
"Did you forget? Tohno-kun, did you not change before you entered the bath?"
Ah, that's right.
Certainly I did take off my clothes and had her wash them for me---
>>
>>120312721
Still a little salty about Senpai's new glasses.
>>
>>120312721
"Hagh, ghah, ghaaaaa……!"
Pain.
Pain.
Pain.

Such pain, is frightening.

"U, ugah, kuaaaa………!"
I can't bear it.
If it lasts another second,
then, it would be better, just to die----!

"Fine. I'll grant your wish Shiki."

"----Eh?"
I lift my head off the floor.
Before that.

I don't even feel heavy.

I don't even feel… alive.

"----"
I try to say something, but my throat doesn't move.
There's nothing.
No pain,
no sensation,
not even, freedom.

"-----!"
I don't know what's going on, so I try to get up.
My body doesn't even twitch.
It's not that I'm tied down, nor is it that my entire body is numb.

If I have to give a metaphor,
it's like my body is already dead, but my mind is mistakenly still lingering in my body.

"------"
Of my five senses, only my sight is still alive.
…… the room is dark.
It is already night outside.
"---"
I can't move my face, so I move my eyes.

How the fuck do you animate this?
>>
>>120310958
So not in character for Takeuchi. Also, where is this from?
>>
>>120312914
looking dead on the floor with only dead eyes moving?
>>
>>120312914
"---Oh? I thought you had completely disappeared, but you're awfully persistent, Shiki."
I can hear a voice I shouldn't be able to hear.
"----!"
I glance around the dark as best as I can.
There,
I see something I don't know about.

"What's this? How mean of you, Shiki.
You've been looking for me for so long and when I come out, you don't remember me?"
With an amused laugh, he stares at me with blood-shot eyes.

"-----"
My mind, the only thing still working, freezes.

He didn't say it yet,
But---I know he is a vampire.
That he is the "Serpent" Senpai and Arcueid are looking for.

"…… No, that's wrong. Certainly I am the vampire known as the Serpent of Akasha.
But to you, I'm not the Serpent, but rather, SHIKI, right?
---Man, how cold of you. You make me look stupid for thinking about you all these eight years.
Hey, don't you feel the same way Ciel?"
He says that while looking at me.

"----!"
Senpai. Is Senpai here?
But where? I can't see her, nor do I sense her presence.
If she is here, then why isn't she doing anything about him?
In front of me. Right now, our enemy is in front of me………!
>>
>>120312721
>>120312914
>>120313132
are you going somewhere with this?
>>
>>120304244
>She can use Excalibur without causing any damage to anyone aside from her target.
But in the bridge fight in HA she was concerned about just Excaliblasting Archer off the building because it would take out a lot of the downtown with him.
>>
>>120313668
That part where Saber literately flies to Archer and cuts him down was such bull shit. Even if Shirou were capable of blocking his arrows, even if Saber were able to change her flight path mid charge to throw off the arrow. neither of them would off been able to avoid that kill shot.
>>
>>120314652
Huh? It was pretty clearly explained how it worked. Rho Aius is pretty good at blocking projectiles, that's kind of what it's for.
>>
>>120311841
And the one time she didn't, she did nothing. What a fucking waste.
>>
>>120314978
Should have contracted Cu and dumped Saibah
>>
>>120309630
Not really.
>>
>>120310958
>Takuechi had a gun to his head
Not likely, he still wouldn't betray Saber after that.
I think it's more likely somebody threatened to burn all his Saber fanfiction. Or maybe destroy the results of his experiments to clone Saber.
Poor guy. He only wants some love.
>>
>>120304809

She had good scenes like talking about her marriage to Guinevere and other glimpses in her past, like when she told that story about her relationship with Kay.

People like Sakura's stuff because it has interesting stuff about her growth. We even get to see a particularly strong instance of why Medusa pledged loyalty to her, which blows the misconceptions of a lot of people about her away. Plus she happens to be a damn good leader when we see the archery club stuff.
>>
File: saber threat.png (2MB, 800x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
saber threat.png
2MB, 800x1200px
>>120304809
She's cute as fuck m8, what more do you want.
>>
>>120315899
Holy shit Cu, what the fuck are you wearing?
>>
File: knave.png (754KB, 800x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
knave.png
754KB, 800x600px
>>120315899
>>
>>120315229
He's talking about Takeuchi putting a gun to Nasu's head for what he said about Fate and Saber.
>>
>>120316185
Oh... I just didn't know anything about it, so I assumed wrong.
The story I imagined was a lot more beatiful than reality.
>>
What about

Western live action movie about the Grail Wars
>>
>>120316103
>not knowing about Brolancer's hawaiian shirt
How can you have neither played HA or watched Carnival Phantasm?
>>
>>120315899
And yet he chooses to ignore this warning.Lancer's not very smart.

>>120315505
>People like Sakura's stuff because it has interesting stuff about her growth. We even get to see a particularly strong instance of why Medusa pledged loyalty to her, which blows the misconceptions of a lot of people about her away. Plus she happens to be a damn good leader when we see the archery club stuff.

This sounds interesting, I require proof. Because whenever I hear about Sakura in this game it's about her cockblocking Rider.
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 56


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.