[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't tell, does anime generally depict women well or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 20

File: 8907978867566745.jpg (64KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
8907978867566745.jpg
64KB, 1366x768px
I can't tell, does anime generally depict women well or poorly?

>Well
Strong and independent, generally superior to the male characters in every way
Female characters outnumber male characters on most shows
Several shows with exclusively female casts

>Poorly
Sexually suggestive designs
fetish pandering
"heroine" culture
>>
None of your criteria under "poorly" is bad, now fuck off.
>>
>>116424655

If you question whether or not anime, as a whole, is degrading or misogynistic towards woman, then you're clearly not familiar with this fact that:

Anime is written by men, for men, with all the profits going to men.
>>
>>116424655
Fuck off.
>>
>>116424655
The criteria for both is retarded, fuck off.
>>
>>116424655
Fuck off /v/ with your SJW boogeyman
>>
>>116424727
True but that still doesn't change the fact that there are some well written female characters in anime, arguably more than in western media
>>
File: 8shill.jpg (131KB, 1567x402px) Image search: [Google]
8shill.jpg
131KB, 1567x402px
Reminder on who's shitposting to try get people to migrate.
>>
>>116424655
>Strong
Define strength
>Indepedent
Women don't always have to be independent
>generally superior to the male characters in every way
For what purpose?
>Sexually suggestive designs
>fetish pandering
>"heroine" culture
There's absolutely nothing wrong with these
>>
>>116424727

Kyoani actually has more women on staff than men.
>>
>>116424655
>Strong and independent, generally superior to the male characters in every way
>generally superior to male characters in every way

That's not well you retard, that's pandering and its shit. Elevating female characters at the expense of male ones is shit writing.
>>
>>116424655
They are almost always depicted well.

>fetish pandering
>"heroine" culture
These are only considered bad things by sex-negative feminists.
>>
>>116424905
>Define strength
Varies from show to show, in action oriented shows they can be the physically strongest characters

>>116424968
Happens in every show, it's the standard now
>>
File: Reki.jpg (23KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Reki.jpg
23KB, 320x320px
>>116424892
>that there are some well written female characters in anime, arguably more than in western media
This

Japan is way more progressive than the West in their depiction of women in anime (most of the time)

Post best girls.
>>
>>116425131
No, they are considered bad by everyone who isn't a dumb manchild.
>>116424655
Non-otaku anime (Miyazaki and other good film directors) depicts women well.
>>
>>116424655
What you're really asking for is a comparison of eastern and western ideologies for females. You are better off asking in /lit/.
>>
File: paku.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
paku.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>116425217
It still hurts.
>>
>>116425222
Different styles

Miyazki is the western style. I genuinely think that the otaku pandering shit does a better job of writing female characters who are not defined by their gender and character who feel more genuine
>>
>>116424922
they are women wishing to be little boys
>>
>>116424893
If they're seriously raiding 4chan's /a/ and think posters will migrate there they're fucking dumb.
I'd much rather go to /jp/ or other smaller, less known imageboards.
>>
>>116425505
>I genuinely think that the otaku pandering shit does a better job of writing female characters
How? Please explain.
>>
>>116425739
Depends on the genre
>not defined by their gender
Action type shows, think this character could have just as easily been male
can also be the case in shows were female characters show no sexual interest in any male characters

>feel genuine
K-ON and SoL stuff
>>
>>116425938
>>feel genuine
>K-ON and SoL stuff
Maybe if you're looking for genuine depictions of autism.
>>
>>116425938
Fuck off with your male with tits nonsense.
>>
>>116425739

Different anon but Miyazaki's females feel very bland to me. They aren't interesting and stuff usually just happens to them. (Lady Eboshi and San are an exception to this I feel).

Otaku pandering stuff at least gives the girls very vibrant personalities ("characters") even if the personalities are so cartoonish they aren't too relateable, they can at least be possibly fun to watch (I'm not a male otaku though so I'm not the best judge).
>>
>>116425938
Except women don't act like that. It's a completely unrealistic and insulting portrayal.

>K-ON and SoL stuff
It's not genuine. The characters act like pets, not real human beings.
>>
>>116424655
>Well
>No Yamato Nadeshikos or Girly Tomboys
OP is a fag
>>
>>116426062
What about Nausicaa or Kushana? Have you seen Whisper of the Heart or Only Yesterday (not Miyazaki, though)?
>they can at least be possibly fun to watch
Not for me.
>>
>>116426047
Males with tits is a western thing and examples are not comparable to say the girls on Kill la Kill
>>
File: 3x3girls.png (585KB, 511x493px) Image search: [Google]
3x3girls.png
585KB, 511x493px
The best, most relateable female leads I've seen in any media were from NANA. It doesn't try so hard to be "empowerful". It just feels real and I felt like I know girls like that.

Pic is my favorite girls of Chinese animation.
>>
>>116425609
I actually came from /jp/ when i got more interested in anime again and will probably go there again if it turns like that, not sure if its shit there too now.
>>
>>116426072
They're kids, it was aimed at young girls (in addition to otaku)

I think the K-ON girls are quite similar to my younger sisters
>>
>>116426334
But there's a boy in there.
>>
the only purpose of an anime girl is for me to be able to masturbate to her
>>
Lmao feminists
>>
Anime has the biggest cast of homosexual characters than any other medium

Plus everything you said is your opinion dipshit
>>
>>116426072
>Except women don't act like that
It's an ideal direction of woman, that's why i watch fiction and don't just look out of my window.
>>
>>116426351
>they are kids
Except they are not, and this is the problem. They are all teenagers. Teenagers don't act like them.
>>
>>116426547
lots of japanese teen girls actually do
>>
>>116426072
>Except women don't act like that. It's a completely unrealistic and insulting portrayal.

Do men act like characters from action shows?

Its okay to have a character be larger than life. I really liked Cornelia from Code Geass she was a warrior and very strong but she loved her lil sister.
>>
>>116426601
16-17 year olds?
>>
>>116426072
why does a character need to be portrayed realistically?
most 3d girls aren't cute like in anime either, should we start making ugly anime girls?
fuck that noise
>>
>>116426675
I had a japanese exchange student coming over at my house for a few days and her friends were pretty k-on-ish
>>
>>116426675
Usually yes, japan has a cute culture, woman try to act as young and cute as possible instead of sexy or adult like, there are exceptions of cures.
>>
>>116426693
Because characters like that are more relatable. We all have faults because we are just humans. Girls from SoLs are nothing more but idealized pets for otaku. They don't act like human beings.
>>
>>116426804
And they shouldn't, that's not why they were made for.
>>
I think anime portayed women better than Hollywood movies.
How often do you see female action leads in Hollywood action movies compared to anime?
>>
>>116424655
Since when did possessing an iota of sensuality became a bad thin-
>third wave feminism
Oh yeah I almost forgot that this was led by a bunch of callous, jealous hambeasts who bitterly live in the shadows of women who actually had something to fight for instead of cry and act like passive-aggressive cunts.
>>
>>116426747
>>116426788
They aren't interested in boys, but cute things? They are incredible dumb and childish? They don't know anything about sex?

Really? This is how Japanese women act? Apparently all those Japanese films lie, and only anime portrays the truth.
>>
Does it really matter /v/-kyun? Is this just a way for you to make a thread about "muh sexism" and sprinkle a little bit of Anina Sarkoosie?

Nobody gives a shit. And yes, women are depicted ok.
For guys on the other hand, not so much. Every MC is a bag of shitty generic, brown haired, "muh friends" type of person who is only there so you can self insert.
>>
File: girls.jpg (209KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
girls.jpg
209KB, 900x900px
No. Unlike western shit, there's a variety of women in anime and that's a good thing.
>>
Threads about this shit outside of /pol/ should be permanently bannable offenses at this point
>>
>>116427029
>For guys on the other hand, not so much. Every MC is a bag of shitty generic, brown haired, "muh friends" type of person who is only there so you can self insert.
If the character is a self insert then aren't all the perceived flaws in the character really your own?
>>
>>116424655
Most of the time poorly. You do realize these are written by and for people who don't like real people, never mind women.
>>
>>116426923
I wonder if you have ever watched any light hearted live show like those were women sit and discuss models and shit on tv, it would
probably answer most of your questions.
>>
>>116427054
As long as they're not depicting love, that's the one thing Japs just can't do
>>
>>116426923
Why don't you read up on Japanese culture before you make these shitty threads?
>>
>>116427117
Shows like that are fake. People don't act like that in real life.
>>
>>116427193
And movies are closer to reality? what are you even going on about.
>>
>>116426804
Not that anon, but while I can agree with you who the fuck would want to watch a show where everybody (male, female, or otherwise) is average and realistic? That sounds like a snoozefest.
>>
>>116424655
Why don't you just fuck off back to tumblr where the rest of your kind belong?

Trash this shit. Summon Bateman.
>>
>>116427190
I've never made a non-anime thread on /a/. This is not my thread.
>Why don't you read up on Japanese culture before you make these shitty threads?
I've seen around 250 Japanese films. Guess what, they aren't just cute robots. They do fall in love and don't blush like retards all the time.

Hell, this film is literally a better version of K-ON. And guess what, the characters are more believable than you 2D waifus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNEeKAJQ-qY
>>
File: 3x3couples.png (524KB, 501x487px) Image search: [Google]
3x3couples.png
524KB, 501x487px
>>116427174

Read josei or shoujo sometimes I think it does a great job. Men seem bashful about writing romances but they barely write real romances in the West either.
>>
>>116427328
Believable means what you think real people should act, from my perspective they act a lot more forced than K-ON.
>>
File: HaruhiPunched.jpg (109KB, 781x321px) Image search: [Google]
HaruhiPunched.jpg
109KB, 781x321px
>>116424727
>Anime is written by men, for men, with all the profits going to men.

And then you have the fujoshi, the shoujo, and the male-harem animu and mango.

IMMHO; it's the male characters who are done poorly.

In a show staring a female lead; she generally has some sort of power, good friends, good family, whatever.

A male lead who's a star is usually a fucking nobody; he's a pervert or an otaku, he has no skill, his ass gets beaten up constantly and he takes all that shit with a smile on his face like the fucking nobody he is. And the audience actually accepts that shit; LIVES BY THAT SHIT no less.

So yeah. Whenever something from the Wapanese Animu Industry actually tries to break from their SHITTY norms, I'd fling my money at it and purchase it because WE ALL KNOW that Wapan with flush it down the toilet like the shit they think it is.
>>
File: 1411748430534.jpg (169KB, 1451x816px) Image search: [Google]
1411748430534.jpg
169KB, 1451x816px
>>116427322
You call?
>>
>>116427527
Because you're a dumb otaku and don't know how real humans act.
>>
>>116424727

>what is CLAMP
>what is shoujo
>>
>>116424727
retard
detected
>>
>>116427529
>In a show staring a female lead; she generally has some sort of power, good friends, good family, whatever.

I disagree especially if you are talking about shoujo/josei stuff.

But yeah you are right, if anything manga seems to have so much more female created story vs.Western media especially Western comics where women and women's comics are an oddity.
>>
>>116424727
>Anime is written by men, for men, with all the profits going to men.
Better tell Clamp that.
>>
File: La_Vie_d'Adèle_(movie_poster).jpg (40KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
La_Vie_d'Adèle_(movie_poster).jpg
40KB, 300x400px
>>116427421
Blue is the Warmest Colour was perfect
>>
>>116424655
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>116427527
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ac7GnUUy80

Believable as fuck.
>>
>sexism

Why do you even bother? You don't owe these retarded faggots and cunts anything, let alone an intelligent response. Trash their threads and be done with this shit.
>>
>>116424655
>>>/out/
>>
>>116427784
I guess not everyone is an edgy 13 year old who thinks girls are icky or a bitter perma-virgin neckbeard
>>
>>116427637

What? No it wasn't. It was horrible but its also not anime so I'll leave it aside.
>>
>>116427529
>A male lead who's a star is usually a fucking nobody; he's a pervert or an otaku, he has no skill, his ass gets beaten up constantly and he takes all that shit with a smile on his face like the fucking nobody he is. And the audience actually accepts that shit; LIVES BY THAT SHIT no less.
Now that you mention it, why is it perfectly OK with everybody if the male characters emotionally tortured, physically beaten up, and generally treated like dirt? You see this sometimes in hollywood stuff too.
>>
>>116427588
Well, it seems like you picked the wrong hobby for you then, it's not my fault, go watch movies.

>>116427714
Exactly.
>>
>>116427875
Or maybe anime is not supposed to be a fucking high art form.

90% of the shit every season is harem/ecchi/SOL.

Do you honestly thing this shit is a serious story? Do you seriously believe that it needs "stronk womynz"?
>>
>>116427899
>Now that you mention it, why is it perfectly OK with everybody if the male characters emotionally tortured, physically beaten up, and generally treated like dirt? You see this sometimes in hollywood stuff too.

The idea is that men don't face sexism so its not as bad to show them getting beat up on but showing women beat up on is bad stereotype.

I don't believe in that idea but thats the thought anyway.

>>116427972

You can have strong women in low art as well.
>>
>>116427875
There is no point in discussing shit like gender representation in anime and you're just a whiny little bitch if you say otherwise. Also, I notice you don't even know how to use edgy and automatically assume I hate women just because I say discussing "issues" is shit, you retarded fucking faggot.
>>
>>116427946
Can't I watch anime and movies? Drama is my favorite genre, but sadly real drama is almost nonexistent in anime. All those "Slice of Life" are just sitcoms, sometimes quite funny, usually not.
>>
Stop wasting your time with these stupid faggots. Trash this thread.
>>
>>116428074
Well it is what it is, i don't understand why you are getting angry at people who enjoy them, should i complain because movies are not moe enough for me?
>>
>>116428074

What about NANA? Is that too melodrama?

>>116428068

I think its interesting. There's "no point" in discussing any anime by your logic?
>>
>>116427875
>doesn't know how to use edgy
>using virgin as an insult

Kill yourself.
>>
>>116428224
>Is that too melodrama?
Yes, but it's still better than SoLs and harems.
>i don't understand why you are getting angry at people who enjoy them
Because they are bad. The concept of moe is the worst thing that happened to Japanese animation.
>>
>>116428064
>You can have strong women in low art as well.

But you don't need them. You watch SOL and a few other genre for a chuckle or too, not "2deep4me ;_;7" shit.
When 90% of anime is SOL shit, you don't need strong female characters or a realistic settings.

And also, women are never used as a joke. On the other hand, far too many times has the punchline of a joke been "looool, he's gay XD".
If anything anime is making fun of gays and males in general.
>>
>>116428325
For me it's the best thing that happened, and it doesn't exist to make you suffer, it exist because people are enjoying it you selfish cunt.
>>
>>116428224
So what? This shit belongs on tumblr or anywhere else that bends over for feminazi cunts. No one gives a fucking about stupid shit like social justice or how every little thing in media needs to change to not offend any oversensitive pussies.

Complaining about how men or women are treated in anime is just bitching. Just bitching. Nothing more.
>>
>>116428325
>You can't like things I don't
>>
>>116427875
Get the fuck out. Your posting screams normalfaggot.
>>
>>116428378

>But you don't need them.

You don't need them in high art either, but its still nice to have and to talk about, since pretty much everyone has a different opinion on what they like to see in female characters.

Strong women aren't "2deep4me" imho. And some of my favorite women (and men) have been from slice of life--Kakukaku Shikajika, Cheese in the Trap, NANA, Chihayfuru, etc. It might not be a requirement but it definitely enhances the experience.

>If anything anime is making fun of gays and males in general.

I like it when anime makes fun of girls. I relate to it better.
>>
>>116428378
Good female characters isn't DEEP, it should be the norm
>>
>>116428325
>A bunch of artists got together and made something i don't enjoy, i am going to insult people that do and demand their art bent to my needs.
>>
>>116428693
Define "Good female characters"
>>
>>116428440
How can you even think like that? They are not making characters, they are making products, merchanise. These boring, shallow girls are nothing more but girlfriend substitute. Don't you see this?
This whole board is so fucking hypocritical.
>don't insult my cute girls! It's the best thing Japan has to offer!
And then you fuckers vote Chihayafuru or Ping Pong as the best anime of the season/year. You know, shows with real characters that act realistically.
Or maybe you're all just playing Devil's advocate?
>>
>>116428484
>muh sekret club!
>>
File: 128_000.jpg (144KB, 1456x1085px) Image search: [Google]
128_000.jpg
144KB, 1456x1085px
>>116428484

/a/ bitches all the time, you are bitching right now. We can bitch about what we dislike and celebrate what we do like. Personally I have been on the side of really liking and relating to a lot of girls and women from manga/anime. Manga in particular has a lot of female creators which we don't see in Western media or comics very often, and I enjoy being pandered to even if I am not Japanese. So even though you and that other guy is bitching I am not.
>>
>>116428753
Anything not offensive/ridiculous
>>
File: Shiki Smile.jpg (29KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shiki Smile.jpg
29KB, 852x480px
One thing I like about anime/manga/VNs is that there are much more DEEP female characters in these medias than in western media. I like the kind of characters that have some core philosophical issue that drives them or who ramble about the meaning of life or other random, interesting shit. In west these characters are almost always men and female characters are driven entirely by their relationships e.g. she becomes a villain because she was abused by men or a hero to protect her friends.

Pic related. A character like Shiki could never exist in western media.
>>
>>116428754
>And then you fuckers vote Chihayafuru or Ping Pong as the best anime of the season/year
>/a/ is one person
And that shit sucks. One of the better titles of its season, however not AOTS material.
>>
>>116428325
>>116428693
No, it fucking should not be. Entertainment is just that. For entertainment. Something can be mindless trash as long as it fulfills its role. Not everything has to be a work of art or a deep narrative of thought provoking characters, you pretentious fucking faggot.
>>
>>116428754
>And then you fuckers vote Chihayafuru or Ping Pong
>/a/ is one person.
>>
>>116428754

>Boring, shallow
>girlfriend substitute

Pick one. No one wants a boring, shallow waifu. Why do you think "seasonal waifu" is an insult?
>>
>>116428930
There is good and bad entertainment. Haremshit and solshit is the latter.
>>
Why are women offended so much more easily? There are shitloads of shallow/pandering/superidealized/shithead male characters in all kinds of media across the world but you never see guys getting upset about that...
>>
>>116428795
You're only making yourself look like even more of a worthless cancerous faggot. End your fucking life, you filthy little normalfaggot. Your kind isn't welcome no matter what retarded shit you spew against it.
>>
>>116429007
And yet your waifus are boring and shallow.
>>
File: 1409244544773.png (233KB, 429x600px) Image search: [Google]
1409244544773.png
233KB, 429x600px
It's as if all this naruto shit hasn't been bad enough for us.
Why is 2014 such a fucking bad year for /a/?
Can things even go worse?
>relegated in the babbies, won't even make it on winter
>>
File: 6 (3).jpg (78KB, 500x753px) Image search: [Google]
6 (3).jpg
78KB, 500x753px
A thing I like in anime/manga/VN is that in Western media sex is either ignored (in kids media) or just totally obsessed over and everyone has to have sex like its no big deal all the time because empowering. Japanese feels more genuine to me, maybe because I am more conservative. Wanting to have sex but with a bf who I love.
>>
>>116429035
Because the ones complaining here is just people like this trying to stir shit up >>116424893
>>
>>116429102
Trash the fucking thread then. Shit like bitching about how women are treated in anime shouldn't be tolerated.
>>
>>116429139
>conservative
It's a juvenile virgin thinking. Adults don't think like that. Especially experienced adults.
>>
File: Yoshida.Haru.full.1640545.jpg (307KB, 550x675px) Image search: [Google]
Yoshida.Haru.full.1640545.jpg
307KB, 550x675px
>>116429035

I think the guy whining in here about "shallow waifu" is a guy. So are the guys whining about the guy whining about "shallow waifu".

I am a woman and I am not offended. Some women are because its a hobby for them aka tumblr feminism. Its something to do and it gives them a moral highground like what religion used to do for people before it said that they couldn't have as much sex as they want.
>>
>>116429068

Don't talk shit about mai waifu.

People fall for memorable characters. It's not the boring and shallow who populate waifu threads; if harem series have such characters, it only reflects the author's lack of skill.
>>
>>116424655
>meta threads
I hope the mods notices this shit.
>>
>>116429102
At least moot made it to wear attention whoring faggots can't post their actual email anymore.
>>
>>116429011
On what criteria you decided that? not everyone is in a state of coma in their life that they always need adrenaline inducing entertainment,
when i come home from a stressful day i need something relaxing and borderline mindlessly cute to relax.
>>
>>116429139
Japs in anime mostly have no interest in sex at all
>>
>>116429251
>Adults don't think like that
Adults are incapable of caring for another human being?
>>
>>116429291
Why is everyone busy spamming nurutu threads and not at least doing something to this shit?
>>
>>116424655
You need to watch Diabolik Lovers.
>>
File: watashit.jpg (28KB, 317x320px) Image search: [Google]
watashit.jpg
28KB, 317x320px
>>116424655
>>
>>116429139
Considering how common compensated dating is in Japan I doubt it's a realistic depiction.
>>
File: neo vermins.jpg (60KB, 818x376px) Image search: [Google]
neo vermins.jpg
60KB, 818x376px
>>116429179
Let's just bitch about filthy /v/ermins and casual faggots then.
>>
File: 49.jpg (83KB, 690x1141px) Image search: [Google]
49.jpg
83KB, 690x1141px
>>116429251

I am an adult. Is "experienced adult" a euphemism for a promiscuous person? In that case, no duh. but not all people are promiscuous. Most aren't, and its annoying how the media tries to pressure people that way.

I think there's nothing wrong, and I hate how women are shamed for not wanting casual sex. Casual sex is not magically empowering. Most manga doesn't treat sex too lightly nor does it ignore the issue altogether. I like it.
>>
>>116429102

>Tumblr faggot starts posting
>some people hang around and argue even though they're arguing with an idiot
>Tumblr faggot gets BTFO

I wish we ignored obvious trolls, but it's not like anyone's agreeing with them, and we never ignored them to begin with.
>>
>>116426072
>>116426804
>I watch anime because it's realistic
Get out tumblr scum.

>>116426547
>Teenagers don't act like them.
Yeah, those acts like bitches and are full of 3DPD drama, just watch a movie if you want realistic shit.
>>
>>116429438
>and I hate how women are shamed for not wanting casual sex
They aren't. You're living in your own world that has nothing to do with the real one.
>>
>>116429429
It's not as common as you think it is though.
It's as common as high school girls selling their worn panties in Japan.
>>
>>116429478
Then why don't you just shit up the threads until everyone else joins in?
>>
File: p_00022.jpg (160KB, 800x1305px) Image search: [Google]
p_00022.jpg
160KB, 800x1305px
>>116429395

They do in manga especially in womens/girls manga.

In mens anime they have a weird vouyeristic type of thing which I cannot relate to, but that doesn't represent all of Japanese media anyway.

>>116429429

Compensated dating happens in anime as well. I don't think its treated lightly either. At any rate, it doesn't need to be 'realistic' for Japan, I find it relateable as a Westerner.
>>
>>116429545
According to some surveys around 25% of Japanese high school girls do this. I would say that it's pretty fucking common.
>>
>>116429478
Ignoring stupid people isn't that good of an idea in long term.
We are having newfriends everyday whether we like it or not, and not shitting to obvious retard might imply that /a/ welcomes that sort of people.
>>
>>116429634
Do you think real people talk like that? Are you a virgin?
>>
>>116429524

They are and if you disagree I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>116429635
>citation needed
>>
>>116429705
This is exactly how I think. Garbage like recshit, 3Dshit, blogshit, moralfaggotry and bitching about "social justice" should be ruthlessly shitposted and stamped out to set an example.
>>
>>116429634
>They do in manga especially in womens/girls manga.
Manga and anime are two different worlds
>>
>>116429708
>Do you think real people talk like that? Are you a virgin?

Talk like what? Like the manga? No, its a comic book and an exaggeration, I just posted a random sex scene in a manga. I've definitely felt like that though.

And not like its your business but no. You realize "real people" aren't blatantly creep like that either, right?
>>
File: 1311369689000.jpg (60KB, 461x523px) Image search: [Google]
1311369689000.jpg
60KB, 461x523px
>>116429298
I miss my visible sage now.
>>
>>116429758
>Furthermore, in a 1998 survey by the Asian Women's Fund, researchers found that more than 20 percent of all high school girls engage in enjo-kōsai
>>
>>116429825
Why can't /a/ be as aggressive towards this shit as they are with spamming nurutu threads? Answer me.
>>
>>116429849
>Manga and anime are two different worlds

Not really, a lot of very popular manga get an anime adaptation. NANA/Parakiss has plenty of sex and that got an anime. Fushigi Yuugi has sex and that got an anime. Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji has sex alluded to (offscreen) and that is getting an anime now (not sure if they will get that far). Same with Suki tte Ii na yo.

It depends.
>>
Is Saber a good female character?
>>
>>116430142
No. FSN doesn't have good characters.
>>
>>116424655
There is anime that panders for girls and there is anime that panders for guys. Deal with it.
>>
Even if you think this topic is worth discussing, you've not going to find anything intelligent about it online. Especially /a/.
>>
>>116430142
No, it's literately just like Hollywood
>>
>>116424655
Does it matter?

On the whole I'd say they're treated poorly, but I don't really care. Like, even if they're strong it's rare that they won't be overpowered by a generic MC or used as shipping fodder. Different culture? I don't know.
>>
>>116430211
And this is the problem, because there aren't many anime that "pander" to people who like good characters and good stories.
All this fujoshit or haremshit cater to the lowest common denominator. Free is as disgusting as K-ON.
>>
>>116430142

I feel like she is a bit dull to me. I'm not a guy so maybe I am not the target audience but most of the female characters in Fate feel boring. I liked Taiga though I related to her big sister persona. And Irisviel (from the prequel) has something cool about her as well.
>>
>>116430354
Then read a book. Animation and tv shows across the world aren't there for the most compelling or interesting stories or characters in the world either.
>>
>>116429298
Oh shut up, the email field was good, it was a good indicator of newfaggotry and there were people who actually used them right.

>>116430003
Because people just think it'll end when it finishes.
>>
>>116430244

You won't find anything intelligent on /a/ period. I don't know why this discussion is less worthy than "SnK general #82793"
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.