[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got a question for you guys. How easy or difficult is it to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: SP_Black_Title_1.png (45KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SP_Black_Title_1.png
45KB, 1024x1024px
I got a question for you guys.

How easy or difficult is it to get caught using a pirated copy of substance painter? Let's say I actually release a game using models I made, but that were textured/ painted in substance painter. What is the likelihood of being caught?

Serious question as I really want to release something but don't want to get legally fucked.
>>
>>579789
P.S if I could afford Substance Painter, I would buy it.
>>
How poor are you that you cant afford substance painter?
>>
If you're getting paid for work then why are cheaping out over $150? If it was Autojew products I'd understand but fucking Substance Painter?

Either way, the file format is proprietary and may possibly contain meta data that can be used to detect pirated copies. Risk all depends on what you're selling and who too (like on a market place such as Turbosquid or to an individual).
>>
>>579792
>>579794
Pretty damn poor.

I don't make any money off of my 3D work. At least not yet. Right now it's just a hobby which I do intend to make money from eventually. I make money with my graphic design skills. Which I do sparingly incorporate some 3D stuff I have made. So I guess I have made some money off of my 3D work, but only from it's supplemental use in my graphic design projects.

Also
>>579794
>$150

I thought the cheapest option was $35 a month? Which honestly is something I can't afford right now. Slowly, I have been making more money from my work, and hopefully in about a year or two, I can afford Substance Painter, but priorities. This is mostly just a hobby right now. Id rather upgrade my computer and get off of food stamps than pay for a tool I can't fully utilize yet.
>>
>>579795

Come on, don't want to be offensive, but you're retarded, i mean, you have nothing to worry, np thing can leak your copy or license, also if you're using a pirated copy for learning and freelance is perfectly fine, lots I mean LOTS of people do it, once you're done learning do some freelance, and boom, buy shit, it's easy, I'm not even joking, no one will ask you if you used a licensed copy, maybe what software but no the license, just imagine this thing in other context, you're in a restaurant, buying a fucking hamburger, you obviously won't ask if those fucking negros did bought legally that stove, would you?
>>
>>579820
I figured this. I mean I don't pay for indesign and thats my money maker right now. But I was never scared to use a pirated copy of indesign since I am familiar with the software. I guess I just wanted to be sure that there wasn't some sort of tell tail sign that I wouldn't be aware of.

Thanks, I feel more confident about moving forward with this now!
>>
>>579830
Enjoy jail, anon.
>>
>>579794
christ...this is like slapping cuffs on a carpenter or metalworker for using 'copies' of tools they made themselves...since when did toolmakers have so much jew power?
>>
If you're that scared import the model into another modeling program and save it from there. Indistinguishable
>>
>>579836
not the same thing at all

There's a difference between building your own hammer and stealing one from home depot.
>>
File: 15035909423750.jpg (76KB, 617x932px) Image search: [Google]
15035909423750.jpg
76KB, 617x932px
>>579831
Americucks in full btfo.
>>
>>579795

You can get both substance painter and substance designer for $20 a month (indie license). I'm poor as fuck and I still pay for it.
>>
>>579794
>>You can pirate developers I don't like. Other than that, don't br a thieve and pay them'm

Is it offencive to handicap people to call this person a retard?
>>
>>579867

He's probably an autistic blender fanboy, they spend more time shitting on autodesk than getting stuff done.
>>
>>579870
Same can be said about people who shit on blender. (I'm Zbrush Maya user BTW)
>>
>>579789
>>579791
It's 20 buck a month, are you serious?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.