[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on 3D-coat.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 3d-Coat.jpg (9KB, 379x133px) Image search: [Google]
3d-Coat.jpg
9KB, 379x133px
Redpill me on 3D-coat.
>>
its fascist
>>
>>578015
It has the best(at least for me) painting tools, especially for stylized work, top UV and Retopo tools.
I have never used it for Sculpting, but from what I've seen it has good tools, you can do negative spaces very easily and it was regarded as superior to zbrush because of hard surface workflow,
but now Zbrush brought live booleans, gizmo and deformers

as sculpting goes nothing can go even near to zbrush, if you really want to achieve quality.
for just mid lvl sculpting I think every soft is capable. every one of them has clay brushes, thin chizzle like brushes,move brushes and smooth ones. so....
>>
>>578015
I bought it because it has a hobby license which at the time was less than $100 (don't know what it is now). Love the sculpting tools and love the painting tools. Can't wait for Retopo to get the poly-fill tool.
>>
>>578017
Back to /pol/ fucktard
>>
File: 14637593567342.jpg (9KB, 241x247px) Image search: [Google]
14637593567342.jpg
9KB, 241x247px
Does its viewport still run at high fps while you actually do nothing?
Back in 2012 or something when I gave it a try, it didn't seem to have sleep cycles whenever it was idling and kept displaying stuff like in a game at really high FPS, making the GPU run hot at 100% load no matter what you did. Even fucking sculptris idled just fine back then.
That's what was a huge turn off for me since it is idiotic to run full load when actually nothing is happening in the viewport.
>>
>>578066
it restricts your freedoms. Whats your problem?
>>
It's the TempelOS of sculpting.
You're not allowed to sculpt tits and penises, it's in the Eula.
>>
>>578070
iirc they finally removed that.
>>
>>578073
its still payware. I dont choose to pay. They deny me of my freedom to choose to donate or not and I wont stand for it
>>
>>578070
>TempelOS

WTF is TempleIOS?
>>
>>578075
kek
>>
>>578034
Can you please show me to any painting showcase or tutorial. I'm really interested in this painting you talking about.
>>
>>578070

No. No it's not.

I've sculpted many a dick with it and I will sculpt many more.
>>
>>578104
>the true power of motivation behind doing things you love
>>
File: tysonmurphy002.jpg (167KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
tysonmurphy002.jpg
167KB, 960x960px
>>578102
It's common knowledge 3D coat is used by blizzard, world of warcraft etc. for years now.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?148581-3Dcoat-tutorial-from-Blizzard-artist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXT6m3e0rFA

I don't know if they incorporated substance painter (newer "paint directly on the model" program) into their workflow.
>>
>>578015
It has good retopo tools and UV tools
>>
pretty good but also buggy, save often
>>
Beeing a noob at both I don't see it that much worse than ZBrush at manual sculpting. The voxel flatten and scrape are weaker than ZBrush tools, some different surface tools are weaker as well, but not workflow breakingly so. The UI is shockingly more intuitive, voxels are magic and make fumbling a victimless crime. Pose tool is weaker, since it doesn't seem to be capable of making a rig like with zspheres but construction is superior, since you can just slap on whatever shape onto what you're making whenever you like. Forget detail loss when you decide an almost done sculpt needs an extra limb sticking out somewhere. Carving off or building massive amounts of volume is great for concepting.

It has weird quirks like

>finish surface sculpt, resize it so it fits the dimensions of what you want in the finished product
>in retopo the shrinked high poly mesh becomes impossible to work on as 3D-Coat starts to lag
>backtrack and try with a bigger model with identical topology
>works

I actually have a list of 3D-Coat questions tucked away somewhere, but it's a bit too late in the night for all that.
>>
File: toddete2.png (490KB, 750x990px) Image search: [Google]
toddete2.png
490KB, 750x990px
1. Can you get partial automated symmetry of UV islands if the overall model isn't symmetrical, like a many headed ogre having a symmetrical left head, but the rest of the body is completely off. Same with localized radial symmetry, maybe some mace-like tail or w/e.

2. While painting is there a point of working on larger texture sizes to then downsize when you're done?

3. 3D-Coat allows for baking of many different types of normal maps (for blender/maya/unreal/unity/etc.) How do I know which is best fro a particular game/engine besides checking every variant?

4. How to build a workflow for different level-of-detail retopo models? How do I paint both at the same time/translate one to the other?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.