[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blender Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Blender_logo_no_text.svg.png (28KB, 734x600px) Image search: [Google]
Blender_logo_no_text.svg.png
28KB, 734x600px
/3/, I recently started looking into 3D Modeling taking some classes on Blender

Should I continue using Blender? what are the pros and cons of Blender or why should I stick to it or avoid it?

Just looking for some advice
>>
>>575496
>what are the pros and cons of Blender or why should I stick to it or avoid it?
>pros:
it's free.
it can do more than the other softwares for 3d.
is open source.

>cons:
"blender won't get you a job!" meme is a real thing.
switching from blender's layout of shortcut keys to any other 3d software's layout is a pain in the ass.
is open source.
>>
>>575497
Switching from any program to any other program is only hard if you are mentally challenged. Agree about the rest.

If you're planning to get into industry, you'd probably want to drop blender, you'll have to learn a dozen more programs anyway.

If you're in it just for the lulz and a hobby, it literally doesn't matter what you use.
>>
>>575498
>Switching from any program to any other program is only hard if you are mentally challenged
but blender's interface is so intuitive that it makes the workflow so much faster.

>one hand on keyboard
>on on mouse

just like the games i play that i can't make because i use blender...
>>
>>575527
Blenders ui intuitive
>Implying
>>
>>575497
>"blender won't get you a job!" meme is a real thing.
It's not though. Maybe 10 years ago it was; today there are many small studios (5 to 10 man) hired for things like the CGI for "Man in the High Castle"; all that matters is that Blender can export to a format that can be imported into other software.

https://www.blender.org/user-stories/visual-effects-for-the-man-in-the-high-castle/
>>
>>575496
Learn the structure of the UI and learn the hotkeys.
This is a priority in learning the program before you begin experimenting with creating models.
Learning the UI is all about trial and error, and this is particularly true with blender.
>>
>>575538
>575402
>when your program is only used, then exported to other programs.
>trying to use that as proof your software is viable
>>
>>575567
Every program is eventually exported to another one.
>>
>>575567
just because you can get a gig for rendering living rooms does not mean your software "opens doors"
if you were good to begin with you would be hired based on your portfolio. but all autodesk fags do is "muh dik" like a nigger
>>
>>575538
I bet Blenderfags will name-drop that TV-series in years to come when everybody else has already forgotten it.
>>
>>575567
It's called a pipeline. I've read about people using both 3DS Max and Maya in conjunction with each other, so I don't see what's wrong about using Blender for a minor part of the process. Especially since it's been established that people use other programs in conjunction with Blender like Substance Designer and ZBrush.
>>
What software should I use if I just want to do stupid stuff like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8pt4W3n5XY
>>
>>575707
maya,c4d,blender etc
>>
>>575707
Any. They all should be capable of this kind of quality.
>>
>>575707
Damn, this shit is good.
>>
File: firefox_2017-08-06_09-07-07.png (262KB, 605x594px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-08-06_09-07-07.png
262KB, 605x594px
is this considered a blender help thread? anyways what kind of nodes would I use to achieve this soft play-doh like material?
>>
>>575785
you don't have to use nodes with the latest blender. see blenderguru on youtube. stuff like that has become 10000% easier now.
>>
>>575786
very interesting. thanks dudeo
>>
>>575496
could you recommend me a good head modeling tutorial. something non sculpting beginner friendly
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.