[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Proper Torso Topology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: Help.jpg (27KB, 813x809px) Image search: [Google]
Help.jpg
27KB, 813x809px
Ok, i'm trying to model a basic chibi body and i'm at the part where i have to connect the leg to the body. I used a cylinder for both and leg (8 verts) and body. Whats the best way to connect the two using proper topology and deformation? Pic related
>>
>>574270
Shift+F, subdivide the new faces, and then manually smooth it out
>>
I'm using blender btw
>>
>it's another faggot who thinks he could jumpstart without learning the basics

learn the fucking topology basics fucking dammit.
you can't shortcut shit. it will take you longer in the long run. do proper research and LEARN PROPERLY. youtube is literally filled with tutorials.
>>
Thanks for the tip nigger, but let me tell you something. First of all i am learning the basics of topology. Second I simply needed some input because im having a really hard time studying topology and i was hoping to get a few pointers because of this. I see faggots like you just like to pretend you know everything. If i wanted to get useless help i would have went to Reddit.
>>
>>574309
your response is unwarranted and totally useless to everyone.

grow up.

yes, i'm telling you this on 4chan.
>>
File: 1444930113698.jpg (118KB, 380x247px) Image search: [Google]
1444930113698.jpg
118KB, 380x247px
>>574454
>yes, i'm telling you this on 4chan.
Now that you're done, time for you to go back to Reddid
>>
File: Chibi Model FV.jpg (28KB, 477x638px) Image search: [Google]
Chibi Model FV.jpg
28KB, 477x638px
Heres an update on what I got so far. I'm trying to make a super hero type character. Is the topology right? Also did I do the arms correct?
>>
File: Chibi Model SV.jpg (26KB, 426x658px) Image search: [Google]
Chibi Model SV.jpg
26KB, 426x658px
Heres a Side view.
>>
>>574624
uhu. topology is good, is it female or male?
>>
>>574649 it's suppose to be a female, but I'm going for a more chili style type of thing.
>>
File: FV.jpg (24KB, 592x758px) Image search: [Google]
FV.jpg
24KB, 592x758px
Heres an update on what i got so far
>>
>>574675
>>574950

Good I like chili. I don't see anything horribly wrong with it so far, maybe shape up the knees a little as some point
>>
1: Pick up Zbrush and sculpt the character

2: Retopologize in 3D modeling program, in your case Blender

This whole box modeling of characters shit is beyond archaic at this point. Don't do that.
>>
File: 1383431538607.gif (1MB, 267x219px) Image search: [Google]
1383431538607.gif
1MB, 267x219px
>learning topology
>on surreal models that at best are supposed to look like they came from chinese toy factory
>>
not OP but does anyone have any tips on upper thigh topology for low poly models? i always have issues with visible indentations when the leg is raised and im not sure if that's a low poly issue or a bad topo issue

>>574624
you're missing elbows. the arms probably won't deform well. image attached is good for hinge joints
>>
>>575333
most low poly models from back in the 90s would just have thins like limbs segmented into separate parts
>>
>>574950
it looks good but people usually start with the head and not with the body. you will soon find out why
>>
>>575333
>triangles
>>
>>575693
And that look terrible
>>
>>574950
Thicc
>>
>>574309
don't listen to this guy
you can definitely jumpstart this shit, you literally already are
for connective areas and other more complex bits, I highly suggest you either rip some models from games or look up model rips from games you know have styles similar to what you're looking for. It's absolutely worth it to look at what people do professionally for animated models.

Look at more than one, and then imitate.
>>
>>574675
>chili style
I don't know why I laughed at this..
>>
dude stop trying to make your fucking waifu and watch a blender anatomy tutorial

>coming from a guy who spent all of today and failing trying to model anime
>>
File: 1481813240991.jpg (40KB, 524x366px) Image search: [Google]
1481813240991.jpg
40KB, 524x366px
Since your leg cylinder is 8 sides, extrude the outer 6 sides to form the hips and connect everything. You probably need to add more vertical edge loops to your torso looking at your image.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.