[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1st Blender Render

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Plumbusrend.jpg (226KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Plumbusrend.jpg
226KB, 1920x1080px
So I've been working on my first real render for a couple days now. Nothing too great, but I need your guys's help on what i can improve before making the final high res render the low poly count is do to me not wanting to wait a bit longer. So that will be changed in the final render. Any help on making better texturing is especially appreciated.
>>
i don't eve know what is that thing?

make a table with a coffee cup on it, its the best way to introduce yourself to modeling and materials.
and coffee cup, simple as it is - can always be improved in some way because you have cycles
>>
>>573031
A well-made plumbus.
>>
>>573035
>A well-made plumbus.
lol god damn it

>>573029
Add some bevels to those edges OP, real 90 angles don't exist and they jump out at you as "off". It also looks like you just pasted the wood pic on the block surface. If you're going for some high res stuff, look into adding all the neato texture maps. Blender guru has some great tutorials on this. Also maybe play with multipoint lighting once you get the rest of it set up.
Good luck anon
>>
>>573036
Thanks anon
>>
File: woodfloor2.png (981KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
woodfloor2.png
981KB, 960x540px
>>573036
>Blender guru
he's also got a website (poliigon.com) which supplies all the maps for photo-realistic renders. You get a 30 free trail (don't waste it), but i think you can still get lower res maps for free.

i used his stuff to make this. I think i over did the scratches a bit, but its still pretty neat in my humble opinion
>>
>>573047
the texture scale is off and those panels are too big
also those aren't scratches at that point they're channels
>>
>>573061
>the texture scale is off and those panels are too big
maybe but there's nothing else in the scene to give a sense of scale

>channels
kek. Like i said, i think i over did them. but that was the first time i had really played with adding "imperfections" to anything.
>>
>>573102
I think the scale suggestion was more about the texture size being too large for the scene so it looks blurry.

You might be better off making the scratches affect the specular/roughness rather than being gouges in the surface.

I use poliigon for almost everything in my architectural work. Their stuff is great.
>>
>>573029
bevel that damn box
>>
File: 1362291488371.jpg (57KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
1362291488371.jpg
57KB, 605x605px
>>573138
>blurry
ahh, yea i was dicking with specularity maps and whatnot, trying to get a sort of faded, old polish look. But since you and the other anon thought it was just blurry i obviously fucked it up.
>>
>>573029
Get rid of the shitty wood floor, just have the subject floating in front of a background
>>
>>573703
It's just not a high enough resolution for the scale you have it at. It might look fine at either double the resolution or scaled down 50%
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.