[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just began learning Zbrush and I'm trying to make a military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Sin título-1.png (297KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Sin título-1.png
297KB, 1440x900px
Just began learning Zbrush and I'm trying to make a military boot... But it's going quite horribly, at least that's how I see it.

I already had a human model, so I got his feet and began sculpting from there. What can I do to fix this attempt?
>>
Just continueing on until the model looks right?
>>
>>571343
Yeah, but I don't know how some brushes work exactly. The smooth brush decimates my model even when I change the settings, but on the tutorial I'm watching this doesn't happen, and so on...
>>
>>571345
turn down z intensity while holding shift
>>
>>571352
I've already done it but then it wouldn't change anything on the model, though I'm pretty sure there is a midpoint that works well.
>>
>>571335

Create the sole first using zmodeller. Use the feet of the human you made for reference. Keep it seperate then add a dynamesh sphere on top of it and shape it into a shoe shape. decimate it until you have a low poly then work up the subdivision levels adding detail as you go. Try and emulate how a real boot would be made.
>>
>>571335
separate the model into different parts (layers), you can never have enough layers

also, look for some tutorials for using polygroups, dear god I wish I would have known earlier about polygroups, please learn to use them, it´ll make everything so much easier lateron
>>
>>571499
Thank you, that polygroups thing seems very useful
>>
probably lower the res and use trim dynamic brush and i forget the name but there's a good brush, the shortcut is b then h. will help tidy it up.
also the best way to do a boot is >>571356
making the upper part first makes it hard to attach to a sole
>>
>>571356

is right except zremesher is better than decimate imo. definitely adopt one of two workflows either polygroup each individual piece or split each individual piece to its own subtool and keep the polycount as low as possible until you are happy with the shape. use D and shift D to go between low poly and dynamic subdivision without actually subdividing until you are ready to detail. doing it that way lets you use the Zmodeller brush very effectively
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.