[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Done in one night, took random textures on the net, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: indsu.png (4MB, 2000x1501px) Image search: [Google]
indsu.png
4MB, 2000x1501px
Done in one night, took random textures on the net, what dou you think annon ?
>>
It's neat. Get some maps on that shit and some proper lighting and also simulate those cables if you want to take it further. Looks like Highschool Student 3D Class Render #5,151 as it is.
>>
you really need better scale of objects to make something like this.

and even if you did fix the scale there are so many other issues ike the ugly texture on the pipe with bad texture mapping. i mean the texture in itself is ugly.

everything is worn down but it dosen't look like real wear n tear. it got that procedural look to it
and generally no interesting shapes. everything is blocky.

you should really ask yourself if things in real life actually wear like that and then make judgement
>>
>>570719
you need to start taking dimensions into account, something looks weird about that
>>
>>570721
>if things in real life actually wear like that
Nobody cares about your simulated pseudo-realistic wear. In that world, things wear like that.
>>
>>570724
so why not make the pipes out of candy cane and the walls out of marzipan?
>>
>>570719
also, one night? what are you trying to prove? work on your shit for as long as it takes to make it good
>>
>>570722
seconding the dimensions

its as if you rotate the camera ever so slightly like a head tilt, but becase of its position at the top of the ramp its quite off putting
>>
>>570724
If you are not able to take criticism then you'll never make it.
You work is shit, and if you can't deal with it and push yourself to get better while being humble about it, then you are also quite shitty.
>>
>>570724
There is a key concept you have to understand when it comes to any art form, which is realism vs. believability; how something would look in real life compared to how you can make it look such that the person looking believes that something like it could exist.
Even if you go for flat-out artsy stylization and distorted proportions for things, there exist subconscious "tells" that humans are inately adept at picking out that can make or break an illusion, and it's your job, within your ability to do so, to uphold the suspension of disbelief and cover up whatever weaknesses you might have technically.
If people here are noticing things, issues, as banal as the way the pipe is rusted, that means you've utterly failed to create the pipe at all. The pipe, being as simple a shape as it is, sells its entire existence in the way it fits within the environment, so the way it's textured and weathered is absolutely essential.
A tiny example - how am I supposed to believe that the pipes are in an old decrepit area if there isn't even dust on top of them? The juxtaposition of a dark worn place that's also eerily clean alone breaks this whole scene.
>>
>>570743
You're very confused and you modern PBR, forced-detail, metal-mapped, pretended-hyper-real, bad no-concept '90s re-make "art" is still shit.
>>
>>570748
take your medicine grandpa and stay away from the internet. Nobody wants to listen to your inane ramblings.
>>
>>570719
>Done in one night
It shows. Next time spend a week or two.
>>
>>570719
It looks like a good PS1-era pre-rendered background, like something out of FF7 or something.

The only real problem is the composition, like, there's nothing interesting in the scene to draw the eye, so it looks empty.
>>
Oh look it's this meme again
>Arbitrarily limited my time to use as an excuse for my trash work
You put in shit, you got out shit, exactly as expected. Luckily for you modern lightning / shaders / renderers do an ok job of hiding just how little effort you put into this.
>>
File: IMG_5919.gif (1MB, 636x636px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5919.gif
1MB, 636x636px
>>570764
Sadly you're doing OP too much service with your comparison, pic related is an actual FF7 background.
>>
File: IMG_5920.gif (218KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5920.gif
218KB, 512x512px
>>570770
This shit was done literally 20 years ago, and with tools that were barely more advanced than setting vertices manually.
>>
File: Wutai_FF7_Art_2.jpg (1MB, 1640x1095px) Image search: [Google]
Wutai_FF7_Art_2.jpg
1MB, 1640x1095px
>>570770
>>570771
i think these were actually concepted out first by a competent artist before they went in and modeled and rendered them, which helps a lot. clearly at least some of them were since these pictures exist.
>>
I'm confused about what is in the other room. Why are there air vents going into it, and a light in there? Surely we're in the wrong room because that's where all the interesting stuff is happening.
>>
>>570770

Forgot how good looking FF7 was. It was even better than 8 and 9 in many ways.
>>
>>570771
Autocad and Blender existed at that time. I'm 99% positive that was rendered in 3DS. If you can somehow run the first GPL release of Blender you'll find out that it's actually very useable and much simpler than the current one.
>>
>>570719
ps1 cutscene graphics without the ps1 cutscene grainy crap.
>>
Ok I'll bite.
Noone care if you did something in 30 secinds, one night, 8 hours. With 3d art, or art in general, unless someone is paying you per hour, mentioning how much time you spent on something as excuse for its shittiness is a lame thing to do. If you spent one week and did it proper, it'd be good. Now you have wasted night.
>>
>>570719
Man, suckng eachother dick in solidarity aside, this looks quite horrible.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.