[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maya 2017 update 4 is out. Who here usin? Who here piratin? Who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: maya-badge-150x150.png (32KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
maya-badge-150x150.png
32KB, 150x150px
Maya 2017 update 4 is out. Who here usin? Who here piratin? Who here glad they have the best DCC?
>>
>>568890
I installed. I don't use Bifrost so I haven't noticed any changes. But since it's fixing 50+ bugs I approve.
>>
why is the dumb autodesk updater not finding this update ? I have update 1-3 installed and it says all updates are installed.
>>
File: 1488200184920.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488200184920.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
>>569115
kek
>>
Just jumped ship to C4D and BTW Fuck Autodesk, I crindged everytime I had to open let alone work in this abdomination....paying for this bloatware is a crime so if you must use it plz pirate...just sayin'
>>
>>569116

kek our lord
>>
>>569271
who said anything about paying ? I only pay for hardware.
>>
>>569271
Learn to spell if you want to sound credible.
>>
>>568890

I'm still on 2016 and haven't touched 2017 yet.

I heard there was some kind of problem with Arnold not batchrendering or something.
Has that been fixed?

I've read a lot of threads but it doesn't seem like there is a definitive answer...
>>
>>569319
You can't batchrender with the Arnold license they give you (with the program). That's not a bug its a fucking feature.
But you can render sequences with another option (but not batchrender).
Autojews way of milking the people some more.
You can however use a crack for Arnold and the limitations goes away.
>>
>>569340

Thanks.
So business as usual... except you don't have the MR option then? You have to get the Arnold license additionally like always... well, that sucks.

Does new Arnold at least support something the old version didn't? I heard there have been changes on some AIshadders and whatnot but what about the old Maya materials? have those been revamped or totally scrapped?
>>
>>569344
Quite the opposite.
They dropped Aishaders and use a new standard shader, which is more like an PBR shader (with a metalness slider).
The renderer got faster and looks nicer with less samples and there is more new stuff under the hood. Definitely a worthy update but nothing groundbraking.
>>
>>569340
>>569319
Render Sequence has all the functionality of Batch Render. The only difference is you have to keep Maya running as the scene renders. Holy fucking jewniggers, what a disaster that is. You poor oppressed end users.

>>569344
You can download MR for free if you want it.

>>569350
Arnold 5 is not in Maya 2017 Update 4, dumbass.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.