[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We all know that asset flipping (using assets from the unity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1436978902532.jpg (10KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
1436978902532.jpg
10KB, 250x237px
We all know that asset flipping (using assets from the unity storee) is frowned upon.

So I was thinking.

Is possible to simply download the meshes, animations and simply make my own textures?

will people still complain about it?
>>
>>568370
Sure.

But, like, people will still complain.

People will always complain.
>>
>>568370
Asset flipping is only when you just shit something out with minimal effort.
>>
>>568370
Making the textures is the hardest part though. I've heard many professionals state that a bad model can be saved by good textures.
>>
>>568393
I'd reverse that: A good model will be still ruined by bad textures. Good texturing can elevate a shit model, but you can polish turd only so far.
>>
>>568370
>asset flipping
what's being flipped
do you need a magic trendy nickname for "using assets" that makes it sound cooler
spoilers: you don't
>>
>>568370
No op, that is not what asset flipping is.
You can buy assets from any store and use them, no problem.
Releasing the same shitty fucking game every 3 months, but changing the enemy types and models with cheap assets from the store, THAT is asset flipping and its rightfully frowned upon.
>>
Anons, serious question so I hopefully wouldn't have to create a separate thread. Has anyone sold in Unity store an asset you made with a pirated software like Maya, or with a texture from pirated 3d painter? Can the Unity review team spot you and reject you?
>>
>>568401
holy fucking shit you faggot stop asking this question
protip: OBJ at best has comments you can remove
please fucking flip yourself
>>
>>568421
>stop asking this question
Or what?
I've yet to find an anon who has done it and has info on it. Everyone else just provides a generic answer like 'you can open objs with notepad', which im grateful for, to a degree, but still have to ask more anons about it. Google provides literally no info on whethere there is meta/hex data or something like that. Especially in the image (texture/map) files.
>>
>>568422
you need to understand that 3D files contain world location and vertex location, UV coordinates and stuff like that.
if 1 program writes something to a file you can sort of "launder" it with another program.
in the 3D world there is stealing and phony people but the phony people don't make any money anyway as it hard to get work in the first place, even if you are honest to god 3D artist.

there are plenty of free models out there, plenty of stuff you can pirate. 3D stuff is just cheap and its everywhere. you are not gonna rake in cash just because you stole something.

its most likely the original artist will find out and point a finger at you then scanning your obj data
>>
>>568423
What could be 'stuff like that' and 'a program writes something'?
>>
>>568425
>stuff like that
stuff that depicts your mesh inside of a 3D world
>'a program writes something'?
didn't mentioned that
>>
>>568426
>if 1 program writes something to a file you can sort of "launder" it with another program.
>>
>>568427
when you export obj file your 3d program just writes numbers into a file so that other programs can sort of describe how it was when you made it at first. this is why certain file types are better than others, they all have different ways of writing these numbers.
>>
>>568430
Well, that's not kind of info im looking for, but thanks for your replies anyway.
>>
>>568432
i think you are trying to find info that does not exist.
we already told you a couple of times that no one gives a shit if you pirate models, swap them, asset flip, re-skin. because you can't mash content like its a caesar salad and make it work.
>>
>>568433
I'm literally trying to do the opposite. I want to create my own stuff but I'm broke as fuck and concerned how i would sell it, if i made them on the pirated software.
>>
>>568442
use blender and GIMP retard.
>>
>>568445
What an insughtful post. How did i not think of this.
>>
>>568442
it depends what you are using.
why not do a 1 time subscription and then claim you had license at one point?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.