[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone use AutoDesk Revit for 3d architectural modeling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: windows_95.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
windows_95.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
Anyone use AutoDesk Revit for 3d architectural modeling?
>>
File: 21_-_The_City_8.png (874KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
21_-_The_City_8.png
874KB, 1280x720px
ayo yea but architectural in the most brain numbing sense. I work at a large architecture company and EVEN in the most corporate of corporate drone settings we use Rhino to get the ounce of creativity required before moving into AUTOCAD for test floorplans and hand it off to the revit team without looking back. Some designers still use sketchup to design. I know right? But it doesn't matter. If you meet the revit department its one of the most soul crushing places, one of the most normal, painfully normal, and rote parts of architecture with more interest in "oh i have a chao hes so cute" or "i love tiramisu" and never architectural theory. Thom mayne and other cool firms use microstation for BIM. Revit is the Wal Mart of architecture.
>>
>>568055
i find revit to be unusable honestly
>>
>>568055
>Anyone use AutoDesk Revit
I do
>>568055
>for 3d architectural modeling
oops, no. I only do the structure part.
>>
>>568147
I have a different experience of working with revit. I worked for a very small company (4 people) for about a year and we just used revit and a bit of autocad. I found it to be very efficient, which was a godsend when the office was so small. We'd make an initial model in a couple of days to a week. After that making revisions was very quick. Just change the model then re-export the new drawings. Saved us a lot of time compared to having to edit every single drawing in cad. Then once we got planning permission its a simple case of turning on the construction, adding some annotation and you have drawings ready for construction.

I agree that its fucking boring, but its great for quickly smashing out projects.
>>
>>568295
I've used it for a year at the tech school I went to an I personally enjoyed working in it. Hell even got certified in Revit, AutoCad, and Inventor.
>>
>>568055
I wanna drink that
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.