[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I bake "light maps" on blender? Like the pic related.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Light-Map.jpg (379KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Light-Map.jpg
379KB, 1024x1024px
How do I bake "light maps" on blender?
Like the pic related.
>>
light maps aren't used anymore.
nowdays every game engine have a standard shader with diffuse/specular and realtime lights

you would need this if either:
1.your engine dosen't support realtime lights or isn't capable of having a specular shader
2.you need your game to work on a casio calculator or some shit like that and you save every bit of performance possible
3.you have a large animated scene and you want bake some elements so it will render faster
>>
File: map.jpg (551KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
551KB, 1024x1024px
however what you are refering to lightmap can might be an old version of specular map

pic related. you can do specular maps in blender or 3ds
>>
File: Light-Map.jpg (325KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Light-Map.jpg
325KB, 1024x1024px
>>564685
>>564686
Yeah by far this style of shading is the one that is more similar to what I want it to look like. All other bakes I make get too influenced by light position, AO map looks too dead and this one has this "shine" that spreads evenly around the mesh.
I really want to know how it's done, even if it's obsolete... The specular example you posted looks good, but too flat if it makes sense
>>
>>564685
most if not all popular game engines support lightmaps, fuckface

have you ever heard of something called a "cell phone"?
>>
>>564685
I would like to hear more about these diffuse/specular maps. Can you provide some examples of the workflow as well as modern engines that use it?
>>
>>564693
Not that guy but how new are you at this thing?
Never done texturing before?
If so there is stupid question thread in the catalog.
>>
>>564689
those are not the same lightmaps as in UE4
UE4 automatically bakes the lightning based on your UV map. OP is asking to bake a lightmap which doesn't have a shader output, but specular maps does have a shader output (most of the time)
>>564693
just google it, its common knowledge. diffuse represents the albedo/color and specular represents the shine
>>564688
the output color is determined by some factor in the baking settings which i don't remember
>>
>>564688
here is the answer

https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/77264/how-can-i-bake-a-lightmap-and-use-it-in-blender-game-engine/77265

hope you don't get bamboozled by it
>>
>>564698
you can't import them from blender in ue4 but you can unwrap a separate UV channel to let the engine use lightmapping

"light maps aren't used anymore" is a retarded statement and you know it
>>
File: 2017-05-17 01_08_29-Blender.png (302KB, 1699x792px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-17 01_08_29-Blender.png
302KB, 1699x792px
>>564703
okay so i made a lightmap in blender.
i use a point light to transfer light to my object, here are my settings.

and yeah i was retarded. but people that say you need 2 UV channels are too. i only did it with 1
>>
>>564668
How you break the boot down like that OP?

Just a whole lotta practice?
>>
File: images.jpg (15KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 300x168px
>>564713
Pick Lucio and press Q
>>
>>564713
mark more seams
>>
>>564713
this is afucking stripper shoe... not a fucking rocket
if you won't make it in 2 tries, you should stop and find other hobby
>>
>>564713
I didn't make that. But you can mark seams anywhere you want to cut your mesh... then unwrap to build your UV map and rearrange it around anywhere you want on the pic. But yeah, I guess practcing will make UV unwrapping easier and make more sense after a while.
>>
>>564704
what? nobody said that. the other UV channel is for textures or AO or whatever you want
>>
>>564668
how is this texture done?
>>
>>565320
>go to cycles engine
>make sure you have some light affecting your model (like a point light for example)
>create a new empty texture
>go to node editor, load up the texture and select it
>go to bake and select diffuse, have only direct and indirect selected
>hit bake.
by the way im not even sure that what op posted is a lightmap
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.