[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here have any experiences from there? How was it? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1200px-Full_Sail_University.svg.png (52KB, 1200x834px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Full_Sail_University.svg.png
52KB, 1200x834px
Anyone here have any experiences from there? How was it? What were you mainly there for?
>>
I went there to get AIDS
>>
>>564085

Just get a part time job and do some online courses. 3D CGMA is good. Gameartinstitute is also good, but that is mostly on characters.

Learn online. If you need university to learn you will fail at life. If you look at the most succesful people a lot of them drop out of college or university.
>>
There was an absolutely retarded anon who came on here a couple months ago, claimed he was from Full Sail, couldn't find a single job in the past 7 years, and proceeded to insult everyone who attempted to engage with him in the thread.

I don't know much about Full Sail besides for that story, but it goes to prove dedication and character are just as important as the university you go to.
>>
>>564085
>pay thousands of dollars for a networking club
>get a shitty mobile job
At least choose a more professional university to go too. And if you really want to pay bucks, just look into Gnomon.
>>
>>564085

It's a for-profit university. Just read about them online, and you'll see why they're a terrible idea.

>>564126

I know a guy that went. 4-year-degree, and specialized his 3d training in Mental Ray of all things. Now Maya uses Arnold, and he's completely out of date. He learned literally nothing about game engines (not even the then-current versions of Unreal and Unity, which are like babby's first game engine) the import pipeline for them, and nothing about the specific rigging, animation or texture requirements of any engine, despite his degree saying Game Art. He now owes a little over $250k for this.
>>
>>564127
What kind of fucking idiot pays 250k for education?
>>
>>564127
What *did* he learn? CPU-based rendering has fuck all to do with games, sounds like he made terrible choices. Not knowing engine requirements is pretty inconsequential considering these can be learned very quickly (you look up what they are and that's it), they're nowhere near important as knowing how to model for games in *general*. (It's still a bit weird his program wouldn't cover Unreal or Unity)
>>
>>564085
Nah sorry I learned my lesson after finishing 5 year uni and getting phd.
Good VFX artist is the one who put the time into improving his work and nothing else.
>>
>>564127
Gnomon could work if you take a few classes only. I toured the campus and although it was nice I was scared away by the cost.
>>
>>564085
I don't know what Full Sail's rep is regarding having inside contacts, but Gnomon is known for getting you a job by having you meet people

Personally if I were young and set on 3D, I'd work a part time job while pirating Gnomon DVDs online
>>
>>564128
>>564129

Well, the guy is kind of a moron, desu, but I thought sharing this story could help others make their decisions about Full Sail.

>What kind of fucking idiot...

The kind that goes to Full Sail at 20 years old and pays for it with loans. The kind that parties with all the 'music production' and 'filmmaking' morons that are also dumping that kind of money into a for-profit university. The kind with bad decision making skills in general and no concept of the value of money because of their upper-middle-class upbringing.

>What *did* he learn?

He's a mediocre modeler that knows basically nothing about rigging and animation, but knows Mental Ray inside and out. Too bad that now that Maya has moved to Arnold as its pack-in renderer, he's completely fucked.

Other major items he did not learn: ZBrush, a mocap workflow.

>tl;dr

Full Sail does not make you a creative professional in any field. You do that. You just pay them for their name and some contact / networking opportunities.
>>
>>564371
>desu

Fuck you, 4chan. It stopped being funny with Duckroll.
>>
If you go to full sail you will most likely ruin your entire fucking life.

Just learn that shit online, all you do there is online tutorials anyway.

My starting class went from about 150 students to SIX, yes SIX of us graduated.
>>
>>564584
My friend went for creative writing. I hope she's doing okay since I haven't spoken to her in a while. I think she got some internship in California.
>>
>>564584
Can you defer from University in the U.S and avoid paying fees?
>>
>>564584
I was listening a developer commentary from Ratchet and Clank 3,Mike Stout said that he personally has hired multiple applicants from Full Sail and one of them turned to be genius of some sort.
He said that it is expected for the applicant not to know shit when the hired,all they want to know if you are able to follow directions and if you are flexible enough.
The re-training was part of the hiring process meaning even if you are from full sail expect that they will make you forget everything you learned and focus on the job you need to do.
>>
>>564584
some guy on youtube said that he couldn't sleep because they bombed them with exams.
they only had 2 months in total to learn about texturing and the program was at frantic pace and lots of students got skinny and ill
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.