[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

substance source

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

Who can share these. why do I have to wait multiple months to try all if these even though i already pay for live. What the shit just let me download them all.
>>
>>561582
Don't like it? TOO BAD GOY!
We're the industry standard and there's NOTHING you can do about it!
>>
>>561605
Just make your own in Designer. Fuck them, you don't even need Painter.
>>
>>561582
substance is utter shit compared to 3d scans.
>>
>>561639

They are scanning textiles now and using a substance filter to make them tileable.
>>
>>561640
sooo you're paying that money to make textures tileable?
>>
>>561639
scans are utter shit
i don't see anyone replacing their workflow with scan material
>>
File: chk_jschl.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
chk_jschl.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>561644
>not knowing award winning 3d scan terrains used in AAA games
Then you need to get your head out of your ass kid. Nobody is using shitty fake as obvious crap like substance over 3d scans.
>>
>>561647
substance is for material not terrain.
and substance material is way more workable than scan data, i would like you to shut your trap if you don't have any knowledge of these type of things
>>
>>561647
stop posting
>>
>>561642

Ya, you are pretty much paying for convenience. If you wanted to work on a hero asset you would use scan data alright.
>>
File: pjDip_Preview[1].jpg (591KB, 1450x816px) Image search: [Google]
pjDip_Preview[1].jpg
591KB, 1450x816px
>>561648
>>561649
>Substance Source is an ever-growing content library where you can find physically based, high resolution and tweakable assets for texturing.
Are you fucking retarded? Do you not know they use 3D scans for surface textures?
>>
Some of you 3d fags are getting so god damn heated over a simple question. Why the fuck are some of you arguing over terrain 3d scans when op is relating to smalltime fabric materials holy shit I always underestimate the sheer autism and sperg rage that pulses through some of you mongos. Fuck this industry and fuck the 3d community.
>>
>>561651
>tweakable assets
what? why?
i guess it serves a very niche purpose
>>
>>561652
Deal with it bitch
>>
What annoys me is that these published materials are not editable. That is their business model, sure. But I can't wait for the day when there is a Substance Designer file available for every common material, and it can be tweaked if desired. A material database for all, not just for huge companies who are able to have dedicates Artists working on their own database.
>>
>>561652
there is 1 guy that constantly bait & tricks people and suddenly it makes the entire board seems awful. but because he responds to every thread it might seem like /3/ is a shitty place full of hotheads.
the worst part about it is that no one is willing to do anything about it like there is some labor involved. last week i got banned for replying to garbage posts so why can't he get banned for eternal shitposting
>>
>>561656
>posts that prove me wrong are shitposts
no wonder why you got banned. it should have been a permaban
>>
>>561655
They released the.sbs of all if their source materials though
>>
>>561657
its like your brain is hard wired to strawman and annoy people, i met annoying people in the past but you are like a coal operated shitposting machine
>>
>>561658
Oh, I didn't know that. I guess then it really boils down to OPs complaint, not having it all available directly.
>>
>>561656
at least describe or link what got you banned. Perhaps it was my comment that got you flustered, but honestly I rarely post here anymore since I got a job
>>
>>561661
they won't provide the reason to why i got banned
this is why i think 4chan is only about free speech when you say certain things. its not like i posted links to gambling sites and dick growth sites, i always post off the cuff
>>
File: cliff_rock_moss[1].jpg (151KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
cliff_rock_moss[1].jpg
151KB, 700x700px
>>561659
None of this would have happened if you did the right thing and admit you're wrong and substance, a crappy program designed to imitate 3D surfaces is not better than actual 3D surfaces. But instead you are sperging out in your self-righteousness and try to defend this garbage which is objectively garbage.
You are the problem, not /3/
>>
>>561662
i've been here since 2011, never been banned once
>>
>>561663
>imitate 3D surfaces is not better than actual 3D surfaces.

Nigger what are you smoking
>>
>>561663
regardless if you are right or not it dosen't matter. a little rock in the pond in a open world game is only visible to the player for 1 second.
or better yet, i played rainbow six siege like few months ago on highest settings and all the props on the counter were rubbish. but because the player only pass by and see those coffee cops and train models for like 2 seconds it doesn't matter
>>
>>561667
also i suggest you look up some good designer artists, those who work at big companies.

i browse art everyday and i can't tell the difference between their materials and scans
>>
>>561669
You're arguing with an idiot who doesn't understand anything except that scans look realistic. 3D art can easily be made into photorealism through Substance, however it's the artist not the program.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.