[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a good source for learning medium / low topology?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: for you.jpg (51KB, 1256x679px) Image search: [Google]
for you.jpg
51KB, 1256x679px
I wanna start retopologizing my high res; I want it to be in the 5k - 10k range. What are some good resources for retopology? I see so many different ways of setting up the loops and such, but I just want a source that has close ups of big trouble spots (pelvis, fingers, back of knee, shoulder)
>>
>>560066
Just do it, man.

Load up blender/ maya/ zbrush.

Start retopo.

Look up some topology on google for reference.

Make sure all of your edge rings are even numbers.

Add more topology on joints for deformations.

The first time you do it you will learn a lot about it.
>>
>>560066
try topogun
>>
File: crack cocaine.jpg (984KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
crack cocaine.jpg
984KB, 1920x1080px
>>560268
>Using topogun
>When you have Zbrush
>>
starting with good topology via box modeling
>>
>>560281
zbrush retopo crashes a lot for me. It's also not as good as topogun
>>
>>560299
Don't listen to this guy
>>
>>560299
Kek'd
>>
>>560281

>Using zbrush
>When you have 3d coat
>>
>>560401

>Using 3d coat
>When you have modo
>>
>>560947
>using modo
>when you have sculptris

checkmate ;^)
>>
>>560950
>using sculpris
>when you have blender
>>
>>560951
>using blender
>ever
>>
>>560953
Paying for software ever
>>
>>560953
>>560981
>>561198
>using software ever
Real sculptors use clay. Or foam, if they're selling out to the fursuiters.
>>
>>560066

THICC
>>
>>561198

Imo blender is just a lot faster to work with
>>
>>561228
Blender is faster to retopo than anything listed about? Why do you faggots suck Blenders asshole so hard?
>>
>>561231
probably some nigger that only uses 10% of the program and think its the best shit ever
>>
>>560066
3d coat
>>
just throw it in zremesher, you character is wearing a mask anyway
>>
>>561250
kys
>>
>>561251
why are you throwing ironic comment that isn't even funny anymore?
do you know what "exhausted comedic value" means?
>>
>>561252
>>561250
samefag
>>
>>560066
3d Coat, topogun, also Maya Quad Draw is better

Look at existing characters and see how they're done. Search Pinterest for references.

Having some rigging experience will help, you will understand where the problems arise in tricky deformation areas. Use an autorigger (Quick Rig, AdvancedSkeleton) and try to get it deforming correctly. When you get jaggy erroneous deformation you will know what to fix.
>>
>>560066
were you only working in black? you're missing a lot of secondary forms and some of the ones that you have (esp the shoulder) just look bad. I would sculpt more before moving to retop.]

As far as retop goes, if really depends on what you want to get out of it, just try to get as many smooth loops as you can on the "tubes" of the body (torso, arms, legs). For hands, do it how you would box model it while keeping a seam straight down the middle across the fingers -- you want this seam on the feet as well.
>>
>>560066
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMqQOGTshak
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.