[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blender HELP Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: untitled.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
Hi, I need serious help here please,
I'm working on a animation project, i'm well advanced but my scenes are too complex, I try with cycle, I try with blender internal, but I need FASTER render time. I have to make renders with my CPU, I got a radeon 7950 ( forced to use OpenCL/IOpenGL ). I'm looking for a free real time PBR engine, to make a good compromise between quality and speed. Help me dudes !!!!

Also Blender help thread
>>
even unreal gives better results m8. And at 60fps lmao
>>
>>559951

This is going to be implemented into a future release of Blender, but for now, you have to download it seperately.

It's a realtime PBR engine for Blender that has been in the works for awhile. Details here:

http://www.cgmasters.net/free-tutorials/realtime-pbr-in-blender/

Goodluck OP, hope this helps.
>>
>>559957
looks like shit
>>
>>559957
Very Interresting, if i can generate 25 frames per seconds, I can allow more time to animation and modelling without fear, you rock anon
>>
>>559951
Besides what was mentioned, you might also be interested in Sheeple

It's a free render farm where you build up credits by rendering for other people (while you sleep), then when you need something rendered you spend those credits

Also, are you using the common tricks like Baking, Emission shaders, reducing light bounces, turning off reflections and caustics (as needed), render passes, and using adaptive blur (when necessary, when you absolutely need the lowest number of samples)?
>>
>>559962
>Sheeple
Sorry, I meant to say sheepit-renderfarm.com, Sheeple only applies to >>559958
>>
>>559962
Wow I was no wondering a partipating render power cumputers was existing, awesome thanks a lot, as example the image I have uploaded took 9minutes to render with 500 samples, very noisy, with signifiant reduce of bounce ( count of 3, and 3 in diffuse, Gloss etc.. ), but in animation its impossible at my level, Will took 12 days for 10minutes, 720p, in fact that not a big problem but I can't use blender during render ( maybe its possible and I don't know ). Seems I can't bake because there not UV and texture :( Arrrh blender is great but take so long to configure all the parameters ><
>>
Check out rebusfarm. It's a rental render farm. I use it all the time on my production projects, very reasonable rates.
>>
File: screenNormalMap.png (523KB, 1902x1033px) Image search: [Google]
screenNormalMap.png
523KB, 1902x1033px
I'm trying to learn how to do high poly to low poly baking in Blender using Normal Maps. I basically took a high poly sphere with some sculpting on it and tried to Bake the detail onto the low poly sphere. It looks ok from certain angles, but when I rotate the light source around the model I still find areas that have artifacts right along where the light turns to shadow (as shown in picture). The light is following the original low poly mesh here and it's breaking the illusion. Is this typical or is there some way to avoid it that I'm missing? This is like literally the most simple thing I can do to learn Normal Maps and I feel like I'm fucking it up. If I do more complicated things the artifacting will make them look like shit. I included the Node set up and the UV Map if it helps.
>>
>>560079
>i
I don't really know how baking work, Its difficult for met

Your UV is not good maybe is the reason,try to take a cube, UV it and subdivide next.
>>
>>560082
I'm thinking the UV is bad too. I'm trying to follow a tutorial video and in the video his normal map texture stays segregated to the UV islands, whereas mine goes all over the place even though I'm following the same steps...
Anyways I'll try what you say and see how it goes
>>
>>560079
i think its a viewport problem
>>
>>560079 (You)
>>560104

I tried to UV map the cube before I subdivided it, then I applied the Normal Map to the subdivided cube. That created a distorted result where the image of the high poly mesh was not appearing to cover the entire low poly mesh.

So then I decided to do it the same way I had been doing it before, except this time I imported the assets over into Unity to see how the Normal Map would render there. It looks pretty good I think so I'm satisfied. In the video I put the original low poly mesh without the Normal and Ambient Occlusion maps on it next to the new low poly mesh with higher level of detail baked on.

Now I have to figure out how to do this on models which are more difficult...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.