[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WIP Thread Bad UV Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 118

File: WIP_UV.jpg (123KB, 1297x752px) Image search: [Google]
WIP_UV.jpg
123KB, 1297x752px
Old WIP thread
>>555614
>>
gonna make a racekar brb
>>
>>558448
who wants to see my gondola
>>
>>558459
Me
>>
>>558459

always
>>
>>558459
fuck off with your fake bear
>>
File: 1657984-crash_team_racing.jpg (99KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1657984-crash_team_racing.jpg
99KB, 1280x960px
>>558448
>Bad UV Edition
I kekd
>>
File: Gondolareux.png (374KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Gondolareux.png
374KB, 640x400px
>>558463
>>558462
>>https://youtu.be/EUsbpmQ9-mc
original , unfiltered audio for this.
As always, WIP
I see much flaws myself, right away, just concept
also sorry for shitty render qual only have laptop for now
>>
File: screenshot001.png (2MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot001.png
2MB, 1080x1080px
My latest work, fully procedular and game-ready.
>>
File: pepemask.jpg (2MB, 4096x4096px) Image search: [Google]
pepemask.jpg
2MB, 4096x4096px
>>558478
>>
>>558478

your normal's seem inverted.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (92KB, 577x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
92KB, 577x1076px
Knight waifu in progress, mostly just throwing in the pieces, detail will come in later. Feet and hands come in when im posing it.
>>
>>558489
looks terrible
>>
>>558489
that face is too long
>>
Getting there.... now for the other side of the fucking street....
>>
>>558496
I like the gritty setting. Would be awesome if you can put some trash detail and some dramatic overcast light coming from the sky
>>
>>558496
Looks really great man, is this from a reference image or?
>>
File: shinjukuchaos.png (1MB, 1252x829px) Image search: [Google]
shinjukuchaos.png
1MB, 1252x829px
>>558497

It's gonna be a night time scene lit mainly by neons and shop lights.

It's based on an exceptionally chaotic area of Tokyo called Shinjuku which is just unbelievably messy in every conceivable way. Pic related.
>>
>>558498

Thanks. It's from lots and lots and lots of reference.

Google street view is a wonderful thing. Just drop your little man somewhere in China or Japan and wander around the streets with your WADS keys looking for inspiration.
>>
File: photobash_crop01.png (1MB, 676x1012px) Image search: [Google]
photobash_crop01.png
1MB, 676x1012px
>>558498

I make a 'photobash' at the start of a project, just bending and distorting images I've found in Photoshop till I have a composition I like.

Here's the photobash for this piece....
>>
File: PhotobashLines_crop.png (1MB, 1953x2500px) Image search: [Google]
PhotobashLines_crop.png
1MB, 1953x2500px
>>558501

then i'll go over it with lines just for the sake of clarity. I'll then dump this over the top of my render_cam viewport and model to this.
>>
File: Left_Scene_Complete_crop.jpg (640KB, 1337x2499px) Image search: [Google]
Left_Scene_Complete_crop.jpg
640KB, 1337x2499px
Fuck it. I'm officially calling this side of the shot finished. Moving onto the rest of the job for real now.
>>
>>558490
thanks for the critique, much appreciated.
>>558491
will fix, did some transforming when drunk as fuck and i agree it looks pretty bad.
>>
File: 1473393181935.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1473393181935.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
3dsmax user here

question for maya bros

in 3dsmax, if I dont have "set key frame" selected and alter something in the scene, the entire animation changes and thats really nice in case you want to change the scale/location/rotation of an entire thing after you've already animated it

does maya have some way to do that? To change the scale rotation or location of an entire animation without having to change every key frame?
>>
File: kane-lynch-2-dog-days-5[1].jpg (204KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
kane-lynch-2-dog-days-5[1].jpg
204KB, 1680x1050px
>>558530
Reminds me of the chinese suburbs in Kane and Lynch. They made a good job with the street details.
I like where this is going.
>>
>>558530
Looks really good. If you want one tip I'd say choose a different texture for the big vent shaft. The pattern in the metal in that photo is due to faceting, but the material you put on looks more like it was sponge painted.
>>
>>558545
You can use animation layers or the time editor to layer animation. You can also use the graph editor to easily alter many keyframes at once.

If your rig setup allows, ou could also just create an extra adjustment group containing the objects you want to reposition.
>>
File: 7-3.jpg (153KB, 1899x869px) Image search: [Google]
7-3.jpg
153KB, 1899x869px
Hello.

>>558500
>Google street view is a wonderful thing.
Seconded.
>>
File: RGB_floortexture.jpg (110KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
RGB_floortexture.jpg
110KB, 1024x576px
Making a floor texture for a street, thaughts?
>>
>>558578
Sketchup right? Texture are bland and the lighting is bad. Model could be better buts it's okay, those other things are letting it down.
>>
>>558579
try to find a neutral lighting angle
>>
File: kawaiidesudesu.png (106KB, 504x784px) Image search: [Google]
kawaiidesudesu.png
106KB, 504x784px
>forgot to resize
>on top of that lower eyelashes were misplaced somehow

fuck sorry about that.
anyway tear my asshole
>>
>>558704
>>558708

The cheeks are real fat, it looks fine from the side but like she's eaten too much Lovin' It from the front. Try to make it more "triangular" if that makes any sense (pic related). As in, straighten out that concave curve in between the chin and the end of the jaw. Then I'd tone down the cheeks themselves and scale down the sides of the faces along the X axis.

Your neck is also extremely thin. Don't be afraid to put some meat in there, in this type of style you can get away with some thin necks, but not this thin. Pull them back as far as an imaginary line behind the ears afterwards.

Your ears look like bent thumbs. If your character has lots of hair, don't worry so much about adding ears right away, as hair can often hide a lot of them. You can always add in a proper ear by combining two meshes together or cutting a hole in the side of the face. The ear doesn't animate like the rest of the face, so super proper topology isn't a major concern there.

https://sketchfab.com/models/33d642e65f124644af17d1177291d9fa

I suggest you look at models with cranial topology similar to yours like this, and then just copy the shit out of them. Keep looking at references and keep plugging away at it until you get to something you're really satisfied with, my man. Your stuff's not there yet but I've seen a lot worse.
>>
>>558712
thanks anon

I think I'll do a realistic face before doing anime, or just do alot of fundamental stuff first.
because to be honest, I don't know jack shit about sculpting or topology. I just made this watching a few tutorials.
I got a long way to go
>>
>>558716
>realistic face before doing anime

Fuck, I wouldn't make that tradeoff ever, even though most people will tell you to do exactly that here. Anime babes are where it's at for me, realistic is as boring as it gets.

Either way, to each his own in this case. But don't throw away the work you've done so far, that's the biggest cardinal sin you could commit. Put that shit on a folder so you can come back to it at some point.
>>
>>558717
Fucking hell, just kys. You offer nothing to society.
>>
gave up on another project.

focusing is hard, and even harder on an environment when i have no clue what i'm doing.

i finish block out, get discouraged, productivity deflates and i go play overwatch.

which leads to me laying in bed at night contemplating my crippling sense of self deficiency.

think i should make a lot small things instead, so i can at least produce something.

was following David Lesperance and Sharpstance's tutorials.
>>
File: 5.png (682KB, 1135x621px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
682KB, 1135x621px
>>558788
#iajfhughujdf23167dsgDSFGWRG
>>
>>558788
You should stop working before you are completely exhausted. Save some serotonin so you can get to work the next day. Set a limit like 8hr/day max if this keeps happening.
>>
File: pepe.png (158KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
158KB, 1920x1080px
I call it "tfwngf".
>>
File: ZbMnkva[1].jpg (63KB, 462x608px) Image search: [Google]
ZbMnkva[1].jpg
63KB, 462x608px
I'm making a stylized bust after months of working on PBR oriented worksamples
>>
File: 5e5aa8454e899d0ce773c87abe9831f5.jpg (464KB, 1784x1181px) Image search: [Google]
5e5aa8454e899d0ce773c87abe9831f5.jpg
464KB, 1784x1181px
>>558834
the lines on the grin look a bit off.

andrew loomis is a 2D artist but is a good reference for anatomy, especially the head/face.
>>
>>558834
Awesome. Your work is beautiful and perfect, don´t let any retard around here tell you otherwise.
10/10, would praise again.
>>
File: 1490397060034.png (645KB, 670x997px) Image search: [Google]
1490397060034.png
645KB, 670x997px
>>558716
>>
>>558827
Did you use sRGB to render? Fucking amateurs...
>>
>>558783
That's not true at all, I've offered some valuable advice for this anon, which more likely than not, belongs to society at large.

Checkmate, anime skeptics :^)
>>
>>558849

Causing me real physical pain here Anon
>>
>>558857
I'm not the one abandoning my projects. Stop hitting yourself.
>>
>>558850
Yes. Is there something wrong?
>>
what should I make
>>
>>558840
Not sure if joking, but thanks (?)
>>558836
I will emphasize the depth of those lines.
>>
>>558849
>>
>>558489
Get rid of the boob plate.
>>
>>558788
I was exactly where you are well into my twenties, fretting over everything, trashing it, never finishing anything and just not getting anywhere, ever.

Then, I finally realised I had ADHD, got myself checked out, got a proper diagnosis, underwent treatment and my life changed from night to day. I'm just angry it took so long for me or anyone else around me to come to this realisation.

Seriously, you may have ADHD-PI ('primarily inattentive').
Go see someone about it, don't wait for it to magically get better, because it won't - again I'm totally serious. Even if they find you don't have ADHD, they'll offer help for your productivity/confidence problems - if it's something that's causing you mental distress (this is the point you need to emphasise) - someone will take you seriously and try to help.
>>
>>558923

Anon is correct when he says someone will offer you help for this;

If you're a male under the age of thirty who expresses symptoms of depression because of a lack of productivity you are instantly 100% on their radar for being a suicide risk, believe it or not.

In fact it's pretty standard in ADHD screening to ask the patient if they've had suicidal thoughts because of a lack of productivity.
>>
File: popopoka.png (503KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
popopoka.png
503KB, 600x600px
jews did 9/11
>>
>>558923
saw a psychologist that diagnosed me with it. guess I should call up my doctor now and get me a psychiatrist.

i would love some amphetamines. i'm pretty damn sure they would help me alot.

i can not form long term plans for the life of me, and my long term memory is absolutely shit unless something prompts the memory.

it's strange watching a good movie, then not being able to recall what happened in the movie
a few months later.
>>
>>558834
half life/10
>>
>>558956
I get weird AoE2 vibes from this
Noice.
>>
>>558834
i liked your PBR snippets but i gotta say i like your stylized stuff more.

you might not agree with me but i think soldier in raincoat was one of your best works
>>
>>558973

Hey - if you've been diagnosed with it, why aren't you taking treatment?
Also, long-time medication user here; therapy does not work, pills do. Don't bother with CBT it is 100% a waste of time, just get the meds and take the, as prescribed. As I've said - they changed my life. I honestly don't know if I'd be here today if I'd not started taking them because I was so depressed about my situation and future prospects.

Also - you'll be offered two types of pills;
Methylphenidate hydrochloride (adderall / Ritalin / medikinet / tranquilyn are the brand names).
This is my *greatly* preferred choice over the other thing they'll offer you:

Dexamfetamine sulfate. (Don't know any brand names for this one). I tried the dexys for about two weeks; horrible. It just refuses to leave your system, so even long after the perceivable effects have worn off - you're still totally wired, and like, not in a fun way or anything. You just cannot sleep. Also - and this isn't a joke; my hair just started coming out in clumps in the shower. Read up about it and yep; amfetamines cause hair loss. So, ah, no thanks for the dexys.

But methylphenidate? Holy shit yes. Saved my life. Don't abuse it, take it as prescribed, and it might do the same for you.
>>
>>558973
Drink coffee in the meantime if you don't already.
It seems silly because it's coffee, but don't underestimate how ridiculous caffeine can be for focusing. Would recommend to anyone having trouble staying on task.
>>
>>559048

This is fine advice for normal folk but medicating ADHD with coffee is like putting a band-aid on a broken neck.

ADHD is a symptom of not having enough dopamine in your system. Caffeine isn't really any kind of substitute for dopamine, unfortunately.
>>
File: Mike_v02.jpg (1MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Mike_v02.jpg
1MB, 1920x800px
No UVs tho...

Is it shit? and why?
>>
>>559058
It's a start.
What a you trying to show off tho? I ask because a bunch of stuff in that scene is kinda stuck in 2nd gear.

The character is a) not yours and b) too basic for it to be about character work.
The environment kinda looks like it could lead to something, but you need to take it further (the bones on the floor are a fine piece of story-telling - they could be developed and expanded upon).
The lighting is serviceable.

Overall it's certainly a start, but you need to kinda have a word with yourself about exactly what it is you wanna achieve with the piece before you move on.
>>
File: Norr3Uo[1].jpg (47KB, 406x376px) Image search: [Google]
Norr3Uo[1].jpg
47KB, 406x376px
https://sketchfab.com/models/8b23ff8c187445e0871ca9514a7f13af

>>559017
I'm with you, and I too prefer the stylistic approach, but I want to work with this stuff so I got to make sacrifices and learn industry workflows which takes time and can be tedious.
Thanks man, I like raincoat guard too.
>>559058
I'd increase the readability or contrast between mike and the background, either via color or light. Add some color variation for the bones and rocks. It also feels very rendered (fuzzy). Cool.
>>
>>559059

You could do the storytelling with the environment without 'Mike' actually being in the scene.

Consider the concept again (which is a fine one btw);

Previously loveable Mike from Monsters Inc. has somehow gone feral/evil and turned into an actual monster - ok, fine.

Think how you could communicate this idea to the audience just by showing the contents of his home/lair while not actually having Mike in the shot.

Severed arm of his blue furry pal just peeking into shot?
Blood spattered, torn up mail from Monsters Inc informing him he's been fired?

It would be fun to see evidence of mike's descent into madness like an alcoholic or something.
>>
File: Arcs.jpg (287KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Arcs.jpg
287KB, 1920x800px
>>559059
>>559061
>>559062
Thanks guys! To be honest, I didn't really have a plan or anything for this, I just started doing something. I'm not a character guy so I don't really have any ambitions with this but I'll consider your advice for next time.

My main interest with this was the environment and the general composition, but I agree with you that there still is much to do..

On a different note, pic related is one of my best received works. I know its shitty lowpoly / facette look but what do you think about it overall?
>>
File: 6.png (2MB, 2560x1398px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
2MB, 2560x1398px
>>559042
need to see a psychiatrist to prescribe it to me. doctors in canada don't. seeing doctor today to hook me up with one.

>>559048
i don't like coffee, i tend to forget i made some.

caffine/l-thenine pills are nice sometimes, but besides making me feel non drowsy it doesn't do much.

>>559057
i've done mdma twice. both times my friends were feeling it, and i felt a light buzz that was hardly anything amazing. wonder if it has some kind of correlation to my suspected undiagnosed adhd.
>>
>>559068
i'm digging the composition. I feel more could be done with the clouds, they are fairly similar in size/shape. feels very heavy on the right side.

that or just get rid of them.

i feel the cacti in the background are a little large/similar in size.

maybe add a few in the far distance.
maybe a bit of grass in the distance too.

i'd just push the depth/shape variation more.
>>
>>559073
Way to fucking dark! Needs some highlights.
>>
>>559068
Honestly I think what makes it nice is that it's a complete/finished work. You've got various sizes of rocks, interesting structures (both organic in the arches, and manmade in the buildings), a variety of vegetation, secondary details (the clutter and tanks around the building), even a sky with little clouds in it, and everything fits thematically.

Sure, it may be memepoly, and there might be some ugly stuff (like the fucked up cactus models, grass not fitting in with the style, and the composition being passable but not that striking), but all the things I mentioned above (basically making your piece feel "complete" will give a major boost to whatever you work on.
>>
>>559073
Hey - yup, ditto the lack of any high on MDMA / ecstasy. MDMA doesn't amp up dopamine but serotonin (I think? Might be wrong...) but anyway yeah, serotonin and dopamine are closely related and I think a lack of one normally goes hand in hand with the other so, yeah - while your friends were experiencing a surplus of serotonin, you were probably just getting up to normal levels.

That said - *one time* I did X and the person giving it to me said it was particularly good stuff, I swallowed it and said 'whatever, it's never worked before' and that was the one and only time it actually worked and it was pretty cool. Methylphenidate gives me a very mild version of that feeling but without the mania, the horniness, and of course - the feeling that the entire planet fucking wants to kill you two days after taking it.
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (58KB, 218x122px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
58KB, 218x122px
>>559068
why is the grass so dense ang high poly
you could make it overwatch style
>>
>>559073
Post back here to let us know how it goes. Pro-tip they will start you 3 doses of 5mg a day. This is a complete waste of time/pills unless you're like 10 years old. It will do nothing. Take one 5mg to make sure you're not gonna have an allergic reaction or someshit - then just start on with doses of 10mg and you should begin to notice the difference.
>>
>>559079
Why are you trying to tear Anon down with your horseshit advice? Are you jealous? Instanced grass looks 1000x better than that ever could.
>>
File: 08b.jpg (3MB, 4256x2832px) Image search: [Google]
08b.jpg
3MB, 4256x2832px
>>559068
It looks really good but the grass is kinda jarring.... Your image prompted me to look at pictures of "desert grass" on google and it seems that most of the vegetation around these desert-y areas grows in more concentrated tufts?

Unless I'm missing something here, it shouldn't be growing so evenly everywhere. It's also entirely green which wouldn't fly around a desert, usually they dry out and attain a more brown-ish, washed out coloration towards the tips.
>>
File: Shot_2_test_3 - Copy.png (1MB, 1592x840px) Image search: [Google]
Shot_2_test_3 - Copy.png
1MB, 1592x840px
Had to make the image smaller so I could actually upload.
>>
How is Zbrush Core compared to 3Dcoat? Looking for a cheap sculpting program.
>>
>>559134
>bepsi
>not bepis
10/10 otherwise, absolutely glorious
>>
>>559134
Way to dark man. Ever heard of the moon?
>>
>>559134
have a street lamp
>>
>>559080
will be a few months. don't live in burger land.
>>
File: grimeth.jpg (101KB, 563x557px) Image search: [Google]
grimeth.jpg
101KB, 563x557px
warmup for a different portrait of her that was giving me problems
having a hard time getting her likeness
>>
File: rooroo.png (373KB, 1472x840px) Image search: [Google]
rooroo.png
373KB, 1472x840px
>>
>>559087
for me it doesnt blend in enough
If Iwanted to tear him down I could
>>
>>559134
dont use srgb, >https://youtu.be/m9AT7H4GGrA
BEVELS
ALSO USE TRASH AND DIRT ALL OVER THE PLACE
USE MAYBE A DOG OR SOMETHING
IT IS BORING TO LOOK AT
USE CAMERA DEPTH OF FIELD
Overall more props and dynamic stuff
>>
>>559173
grimes :D
>>
>>559173
so sexy!!!
>>
File: mix1.jpg (187KB, 1141x1823px) Image search: [Google]
mix1.jpg
187KB, 1141x1823px
Doing some tests in Unity. I'm making the game in Unity.
>>
>>559217
Oh, don't mind the guy's shitty mouth topo. I did a quick retopo of goblin head over his ears.
>>
>>559217
Use a real engine for showcasing models, like marmoset or unreal.
>>
>>559220
why are you commenting on the boy's choice of engine when the problem is the model is lit like garbage?
>>
>>559234
>boy's choice
sounds like a gay band
>>
File: podest6.jpg (172KB, 1596x935px) Image search: [Google]
podest6.jpg
172KB, 1596x935px
How to you like my Altar? Still WIP
>>
>>559247
mediocre
>>
>>559247
The side of the wood should be rings not grain, or the reverse.
>>
medicore is okay for a beginner, right?
>>
>>559257
it's never ok.
keep trying.
>>
>>559258
ugh.

i think striving for perfection, especially in the beginning is the wrong idea. produce work. don't get caught up in making it perfect and never actually finishing anything.
>>
>>559259
Unless you push yourself to reach the perfect, you'll never get good. You'll never fix your mistakes or learn the correct way to do things.

It doesn't matter if you reach that level of perfection, but the path to improve yourself and advance in any task is to aim for the best.
>>
like said, its wip, I will continue to work on it
>>
File: 1489252447331.png (42KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1489252447331.png
42KB, 499x338px
>>559078
>>559080
Hey, not /3/ related but, looks like I'll get to see a psychiatrist sooner then later.

From what I read, the psychiatrist will treat what they feel is the dominate mental illness. Since I have been having thoughts of hanging myself everyday, it will most likely lead them to treating depression, yeah?

I feel the depression stems from lack of achievement, though. Which, is largely due to my extreme difficulty focusing on a task.

Hard to produce good work when your thoughts constantly shift elsewhere while making.

I want to try ice cream, not anti what ever the fuck :/
>>
File: c64front.jpg (552KB, 2500x1877px) Image search: [Google]
c64front.jpg
552KB, 2500x1877px
C64 Front
>>
File: c64back.jpg (467KB, 2500x1877px) Image search: [Google]
c64back.jpg
467KB, 2500x1877px
>>559273
...and back
>>
>>559274
That's arousing
>>
File: animoooo.png (100KB, 1245x768px) Image search: [Google]
animoooo.png
100KB, 1245x768px
I attempted another anime face
this time it's more flatter

I think I might continue making animu girls until I get it right 100%. because this looks a bit better than my last one (though I'm not calling it good)
>>
>>559288
Always show an anime face with hair, remember than an anime characters head is <60%-70% hair
>>
>>559247
Try to make all the edges of the concrete part less smooth by breaking up like you did on the top and reducing the bevel amplitude itself.

Change the material of the wood part, it looks like that part was made of a single chunk of wood wich would be almost imposible if the altar is meant to be 1:1 scale to real life.
>>
>>559274
I'm hard right now.
>>
>>559274
would love to see this textured.
nice clean model.
>>
>>559299
that was a big tree
>>
>>559288
Nice second attempt anon, it's much better than your first! Glad to see you have chosen not to stray from The Path.

A few more tips or things I would *personally* do differently:

- It's okay to have a rounder nose. This is down to personal preference I guess, and if you think it looks okay from a side perspective, then great. I would bevel the line that cuts the nose in half and smooth out that part.

You can have a fairly pointy-looking nose while still having it be "smooth" this way. But right now, it looks like you could slice someone's neck open with it.

- Give some more flair to those eyelashes. They're naturally very "wild" and animu exaggerates this even more since they're that much bigger. Extrude some filaments outwards towards the ends, don't be afraid to add more volume to them. Modelling and adding in some eyebrows at a neutral position might seem like a small thing to do right now, but it also goes a long way to making it look way more natural.

- Add in some hair. At some point you'll have to bite the bullet and do this, even though it can be dumb and complicated. Like >>559296
said, the majority of anime heads are covered by hair, it can be a huge part of what gives a character, character. Until then, it can be very hard giving more accurate critique, as the face is simply unfinished without it.
>>
>>559247
your materials need work. they look like fancy plastic pretending to be wood and stone. Like an expensive resin figurine or something.
>>
>>559247
Normals look too strong and the scale of the textures are too big
>>
File: c64back tex.jpg (524KB, 2500x1875px) Image search: [Google]
c64back tex.jpg
524KB, 2500x1875px
>>559306

Already working on it, should be done in a few days.
>>
File: post-13-1126634076.jpg (33KB, 400x431px) Image search: [Google]
post-13-1126634076.jpg
33KB, 400x431px
>>559371
really nice job, brings back the nostalgia
this was my first computer i loved it and learned to code on it
my dad drilled a hole in the side and added a port so he could use his WWII aircraft (from a real plane) joystick which had 3 buttons, the port was connected to one of the keys i think
joysticks of that era were pretty bad
the one in my pic was probably the best joystick for it
>>
File: Capture.png (283KB, 717x581px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
283KB, 717x581px
>>559317
>>559296
yeah, I'll create a full head from now on

the eyelashes are difficult for me because I guess it's a beginner thing. I'm not sure if youtube has tutorials for anime eyelashes or something similar.
pic related was initially what I was going for.
I guess I'll just look at more animu models though

thanks for the critique
>>
>>559068
I like this.

How long have you been doing 3D?

>>559371
Poast wires pls
>>
File: spooky car.jpg (831KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spooky car.jpg
831KB, 1920x1080px
low poly car made by blender tutorials 666
>>
>>559407
omg its sooo good please make a tutorial
>>
File: podest8.jpg (111KB, 1596x935px) Image search: [Google]
podest8.jpg
111KB, 1596x935px
worked on some improvements on the texture. let me know what you think.
>>
File: c64 wire.jpg (685KB, 2500x1875px) Image search: [Google]
c64 wire.jpg
685KB, 2500x1875px
>>559406
Mesh is quite a bit too dense for a decent wireframe render (without resorting to extreme resolutions), so there are some artifacts, even in isoline display mode.
>>
>>559403
Good luck, looking forward to updates
>>
>>559407
makes me wanna kill myself
>>
File: my girlfriend.jpg (249KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
my girlfriend.jpg
249KB, 960x540px
>>559410
soon my friend
>>559457
glad you like my work

this is my new work, its a 3d model of my future wife in fur suite made by me blender tutorials 666
>>
>>559442
Texture scale is way too small. normal/bump is way too strong.
>>
File: STOP.png (440KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
STOP.png
440KB, 960x540px
>>559463
Will go through the wips soon. Put this together real quick for this person.
>>
>>559264
Hi hopefully I'm not responding to this too late, but I had exactly the same problem when getting my diagnosis; I was depressed *because* of my ADHD and they were trying to treat the depression. I had to really emphasise the ADHD symptoms.

Just really keep stressing that your depression is a result of what you suspect is ADHD - just keep talking about your lack of focus and attention and how you get distracted by other things and that you get depressed *after* you've been distracted and that you weren't looking for a distraction as a result of being depressed.

Don't give up. They may ignore you a couple of times. Just keep going back. It took me a couple of times before I got a referral to an ADHD specialist. Good luck.
>>
>>559502
ya, this will be the case for me.
thanks i will keep trying, senpai.
>>
>>559463
gives an ominous feeling
>>
>>559406
few years, but mostly hard surface and FX (fluids RBD and so on)
>>
File: Capture.png (132KB, 1427x697px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
132KB, 1427x697px
any thoughts on this?
>>
>>559492
>>559513
thanks for suporting my channel
i am blender tutorials 666 i will do the best of myself to teach the peolpe the wonders of 3d
>>
File: 3dsmax_2017-04-07_10-21-28.png (41KB, 1351x698px) Image search: [Google]
3dsmax_2017-04-07_10-21-28.png
41KB, 1351x698px
How do I make the bottom half better for my scanner? It looks fucking retarded.
>>
File: sg.jpg (105KB, 371x824px) Image search: [Google]
sg.jpg
105KB, 371x824px
>>559526
Select object, select all faces, go into smoothing group menu, click Clear All, then Auto Smooth.
>>
>>559527
I meant in a more aesthetic way. The silhouette looks dumb but I've tried multiple things to make it look better - I am not good at concepting.
>>
>>559528
firstly don't start your concepting in the modeling stage, do a bunch of silhouette drawings of shapes
don't even work on this one anymore, just do some drawings and then pick and mash and then do your modelling
if you can't draw then just bash together a bunch of simple geo shapes until you get shape that you like and then work it from there
>>
>>559530
I was concepting in 3D but I think I'll go into photoshop and do some thumbnails since it sounds faster. Thanks.
>>
>>559528
Look at real world examples. Get references pictures, or, even better, real life objects. think about the topology beforehand, especialyl if youre going to subdivide (which you should, if you want it to look good). Draw edges on your reference in photoshop or with a pencil on actual objects you own IRL.

Don't even think about modeling until you know exactly what you want the end result to look like and have a solid idea of how you're gonna get it done.
>>
File: city ot the 666.jpg (790KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
city ot the 666.jpg
790KB, 1920x1080px
this is a work made by blender tutorials 666
the city of the 666
is a distopian city like grost in the shield style citerpunk
soon the tutorials
>>
File: hillary clintun.jpg (133KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
hillary clintun.jpg
133KB, 960x540px
>>558448
this is the bust of the gost in a self character major, i, blender tutorials 666. made fot a group of the fans
they rejected my the interpretation of the her
>>
>>559569
stop spamming
>>
File: screenshot001.png (2MB, 1402x702px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot001.png
2MB, 1402x702px
I maed a sign
>>
>>559572

edges are too hard, bottlecaps are usually rounder
>>
>>558489
She doesn't look like she's seven and a half heads tall. Her face is too long so that might be why. Also, try to get the eyelids and eyelashes in, probably why she looks odd.
>>
>>559572
>>559628
He's right but I assume its a sign not an actual botttlecap. Great job looks dope, stylized just enough for that sign feel as opposed to an actual bottlecap chilling on a stick
>>
File: escalation.jpg (204KB, 1840x947px) Image search: [Google]
escalation.jpg
204KB, 1840x947px
I'm making a script in Grasshopper for creating parametric escalators.

If I make it right, I will just have to draw a line and an escalator will appear with various sliders to change dimensions a bit.
>>
File: 8ea.jpg (220KB, 1264x1618px) Image search: [Google]
8ea.jpg
220KB, 1264x1618px
>>559667

way too steep, and the steps going up are on level with the hand guard

i hope someone draws a guy similar to pic related
>>
File: escalation2.jpg (158KB, 1717x936px) Image search: [Google]
escalation2.jpg
158KB, 1717x936px
>>559668
say that to my face fucker see what happens!

I can adjust the steepness via slider. It can produce stupid results, but it's convenient for fitting escalators into 3D models quickly without rebuilding anything. Just draw a curve, adjust the sliders so it looks okay and then bake.

I know escalators typically come in set dimensions, but when I get a section and standard escalators don't match, I simply make my own instead of telling the client that his building is wrong.
>>
>>
>>559722
While interesting, the don't really have an personality, they are very generic robots.
>>
File: escalator question.png (108KB, 1038x663px) Image search: [Google]
escalator question.png
108KB, 1038x663px
>>559672
>>559667
halp?
How do I fix pic related? I can't figure out how to get the "stairs" to keep their roatation at 0 instead of rotating along the curve? help please?
>>
File: screenshot003.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot003.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Thanks guys, it is indeed just supposed to be a sign. added a bartop. gonna keep building stuff.
>>
>>559722
>>559734 is right. give one a tophat and monocle
>>
File: Untitled.gif (912KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.gif
912KB, 1440x900px
Simple rigging

I lost my computer about a month ago in a fire, and I finally got a new laptop today. Just jumping back in with some simple rigging.
>>
>>559755
Bingo, sounds perfect, do it
>>
File: char5.jpg (60KB, 650x1053px) Image search: [Google]
char5.jpg
60KB, 650x1053px
Hi everyone, I'm working on a character to throw into unity for a project for a class. Does anyone have any feedback?
>>
File: char4.jpg (42KB, 1290x941px) Image search: [Google]
char4.jpg
42KB, 1290x941px
>>559770
Here's a close up of the shoes, I'm pretty happy with them.
>>
>>559770
At first glance, I notice that the middle of the torso is too angular. Maybe that's what you're going for, or maybe, you just haven't gotten that far. Either way, I'd suggest adding some curvy-ness to that part of the torso.

Everything else looks pretty solid to me, although I'd like to see some materials if you have em.
>>
>>559772
Thank you, I'll definitely break up the shape of the torso a bit. It's a ways off but I was curious if the experienced anons here saw any serious flaws. No materials yet, will post progress though.
>>
>>559745
Idk about blender but I actually had the same problem in grasshopper

I fixed it by dividing the guide curve with points and moving the stair geometry to each point rather than arraying them on a curve.
>>
>>559770
You more many more edge loops around the torso for proper deformation. Same goes for the knees; need at least 1 more loop through the middle of it. Shoulder could use 1 more.
>>
File: info copy.jpg (686KB, 1233x4838px) Image search: [Google]
info copy.jpg
686KB, 1233x4838px
just getting back into 3d.
houdini seems the wave of he future
and i need a new computer
made this junk last over a few hours
>>
>>559779
Looks like shit to be honest.
But at least you got Houdini to spit out these forms, that is something...
>>
File: cold.jpg (159KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cold.jpg
159KB, 1280x720px
Trying to make a cold looking room. Not physically, but if you where in the room it would't feel homely. aside from textures and white balance any ideas?
>>
>>559783
Looks like u made a room and didn't texture it cuz lazy. At least put some decent white textures on those models
>>
>>559786
I only just finished modeling the bulk, unsurprisingly I am going to texture it but I prefer to do a entire stage of 3D at ones.

Modeling > lighting > texturing > rendering
>>
File: Wisky.jpg (157KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Wisky.jpg
157KB, 1280x720px
some place holding textures til I update them.
>>
>>559798
those chairs are too sharp
>>
>>559798
why are you tripfagging
>>
>>559799
here's my reference, I quite like the chairs in it so I'll probably keep them.

>>559800
I've been in the last few threads under this name, it just causes less contusion.
>>
>>559802
>>559783
>>559798
if i were in this room i would fall asleep as soon as i found a soft spot. this is comfy af
>>
>>559803
well, shit. Any idea how to make it more harsh/cold?
>>
>>559804
Less natural light
>>
File: animuchan.png (172KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
animuchan.png
172KB, 1024x768px
my third animu head is complete.
I half-assed the hair mesh because my excuse was that I never created a hair mesh fully.

I'm hoping to get more patient in general as I continue to practice. It's always at the last few stages that I rush things because I get excited.
>>
File: wip thing.jpg (101KB, 1433x816px) Image search: [Google]
wip thing.jpg
101KB, 1433x816px
wip alien thingy
>>
>>559820
Thicc
>>
File: T H I C K E R.jpg (37KB, 584x604px) Image search: [Google]
T H I C K E R.jpg
37KB, 584x604px
>>559821
not enough
>>
File: for you.jpg (51KB, 1256x679px) Image search: [Google]
for you.jpg
51KB, 1256x679px
>>559820
>>559821
also, while on the topic of thicc
i also made this based on the big girl from Samurai Jack
>>
File: Thicc.png (289KB, 480x960px) Image search: [Google]
Thicc.png
289KB, 480x960px
>>559824
>>
>>559823
>>559824
shadman? is that you?
>>
>>559808
surprised to see you post here. that's some nice progress since you posted that half finished WIP in the /agdg/ thread.
Did you merge the hair or keep it separate in the end? It's hard to tell with the shading.
>>
File: capture_1.png (158KB, 621x707px) Image search: [Google]
capture_1.png
158KB, 621x707px
>>559836
thanks
I merged some parts of the hair, I kept them unmerged so the shadow would show better.

but I'm going to watch cartoon/anime hair tutorials this time to understand it fully.
>>
>>559808
You're getting good fast, my man. This is your best attempt compared to your other two.

- Try to make the hair more "banana-peel" like. It has a lot of volume inwards, you want to make the strands look like thick shells facing outward. Try to make the ends pointier as well. The sides of the hair are especially jarring, they look squashed. You want pretty curves, not lines.

- Push out the upper lip a tiny hint? It looks like from the pictures that the lower lip is ahead of the upper lip. It should be the opposite.

- Make the neck a bit thicker. No neck is that thin.

Were you going for a Luka aesthetic? It turned out pretty similar. They grow up so fast, soon I won't have to give you any advice.
>>
>>559840
Oh, and one more thing! Put some highlights in the eye. You can either draw it into the texture or make a separate mesh for them, but from the method you chose, it's better to make separate meshes and position them next to the irises.
>>
>>559210
Sure does look like grimes! Where is a completed model at?
>>
>>559838
Post wires bruh
>>
File: 1486767718308.png (331KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
1486767718308.png
331KB, 600x431px
>>559827
oh god, does my work look like shadman's style or something
>>
File: capture-2.png (69KB, 562x721px) Image search: [Google]
capture-2.png
69KB, 562x721px
>>559845
like this?
if you need a better view, tell me
>>
>>559850
object data -> draw wire>all edges
>>
File: fafdasfdasfd.png (166KB, 620x764px) Image search: [Google]
fafdasfdasfd.png
166KB, 620x764px
>>559853
>>
>>559186
Do you know how to incorporate FB into Maya? I've tried loading the ocio file included with the folder in the Color Management tab but it just gives an error. Can't find anything online about it either.
>>
File: screenshot001.jpg (246KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot001.jpg
246KB, 1920x1080px
This tree took a while. First tree I made in Maya. Used substance designer for the textures
>>
>>559804
try going with cold colors. that vibrant orange sunlight makes everything feel warm.

harsher shadows as well maybe.

the sky in the background makes it look like a summers day in paradise. try making it a dark and cloudy sky with atmospheric fog that obscures the vision of the nice green mountains.
>>
>>559867
i like the style. looks more like a branch than a tree, though. the scale is all out of wack
>>
>>559783
Make snow mountain background
Add lots of grey
>>
File: tree.jpg (76KB, 952x892px) Image search: [Google]
tree.jpg
76KB, 952x892px
>>559869
Thanks man, you're totally right. I changed the branch cards scale
>>
>>559884
Just lookd how many leaves there are. That is still not a tree. The branching doesn't look like the way a tree branches, the leaves don't cluster the way a tree does. it's a very young tree at best, but if that were the case the wood and leaves would all be a lot greener.
>>
>>559885
Again, you're right. I found some more reference for smaller trees like vine maples which are what I'm going for. I'll post progress. Thank you for the crit
>>
>>559779
yeah, this is all dumb and pointless

abstract 3d stuff is boring even when it looks cool, but this doesn't. you just made a bunch of crappy renders of ugly junk.

learn to make something useful/meaningful.
>>
File: textures.jpg (196KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
textures.jpg
196KB, 1280x720px
forgot to post this one least night, this is old now by a few hours but still go to see textures and lighting.
>>
>>559888
anyone know of a good place to find hdr sky's?
>>
File: new hdr.jpg (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
new hdr.jpg
198KB, 1280x720px
not the best hdr but looks colder
>>
>>559892
Those chairs are looking like they're made of polished stone. The one on the right looks so polished that it's reflecting stuff around its seat.
>>
>>559902
oh damn, your right. its was meant to be glossy white leather, guess the gloss is too high
>>
File: test48.png (2MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
test48.png
2MB, 1024x1024px
How do you like my brick material?
>>
File: non-fucked-bricks.jpg (151KB, 1023x673px) Image search: [Google]
non-fucked-bricks.jpg
151KB, 1023x673px
>>559907
A lot about this is fucked. Bump is too strong all-over, you should definitely take some time to blend some nodes together and make a nicer microsurface, especially make sure to have a variation of flat and bumper areas (you can use Max/Lighten with a flat color to "shave off" the top of a map).

I'm not sure what the pink damage is supposed to be referenced from, but it shouldn't all be the same color, and shouldn't be a hard break between damaged/undamaged areas (use a slope blur or something, at least).

A couple other things you can do:
-Give your bricks a very slight random rotation to uneven the interstices and make them look more hand-placed.
-Create a second (identical) tile generator with luminance variation, and use it to change the color of individual bricks (they shouldn't all be the same color).
-Use the aforementioned tile generator as the intensity input of a directional warp, to "move" your damage per-brick. making it so that these pits and cracks don't continue from a brick to another (this isn't the type of damage that would.)
>>
On top my model, and on bottom what im trying to recreate.

Mesh and custom vertex normals already done, this week ill be working on materials and will begin detail decal placement hopefully.
>>
File: Sin título-1.jpg (2MB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Sin título-1.jpg
2MB, 1920x2160px
>>559969
FUCKING KILL ME

>pic related
>>
>>559970
is this for rendering? if yes then why everything is so blocky and lowpoly? go wild with polygons
>>
>>559971
also heavy photoshop on the ref image.
oh and don't use 3d for ref next time, try to make the best version of whatever you skill allows you to do.
>>
>>559971
It's meant for real time, as videogame asset practice.

Also I'm trying a new workflow for it:

-Custom vertex normals + tileable textures so I dont't have to bake while having smooth edges and getting brutal texel density

-Detail as decals; every bolt, rivet and panel line you see on the image im following, is added as a decal with its own geometry + trim textures. Vertex count skyrockets, but you dont lose much performance and you get insane texture detail for those little things.

Those are the things they use for StarCitizen and I wanted to give them a try.
>>
>>559973
>-Custom vertex normals + tileable textures

never heard of it, what the hell are you doing?
>>
>>559974
He's doing the Alien Isolation and Star Citizen method.
>>
Quality's shit but Im making a vr zen garden
>>
>>560009
Looks good, slightly too hurcane-like on the trees if it's ment to be zen
>>
>>560009
lol the clouds are moving the wrong way.
>>
File: test51.png (586KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
test51.png
586KB, 1024x1024px
Worked on another version, I hope this time its looking a bit better. Let me know what you think
>>
>>560023
im going to kill myself if you dont match up the tiles on the top right side
>>
i dont know how : (
>>
>>560023
It's a problem of the mesh, not of the texture, on the vertical edge you see the texture is perfectly tileable, but there is a big seam on the right horizontal edge, combine an uv seam with that much of a bevel on the mesh, and you wont be able to properly unwrap it so it looks good...

So the texture is alright (I'd say tiles should be less rough and the concrete in between should be rougher), but it looks kind of bad because of the mesh used to showcase it.
>>
>>560027
it seems extreme, but I feel the same way

please bro
>>
>>560027
don't do it anon i love you!
>>
File: test52.png (604KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
test52.png
604KB, 1024x1024px
There you go. Also adjusted the roughness a bit
>>
>>560041
You just saved anons life
>>
File: image.jpg (153KB, 2048x510px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 2048x510px
How are my floor textures looking?

(You'll probably need to zoom in...)
>>
>>560054

a lot of the stone/concrete seems to have a very samey procedural noise look to it
>>
>>560054
very flat, just like the rest of your scene.
>>
File: 8.png (211KB, 1303x792px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
211KB, 1303x792px
snibeddy snab
an anatomically incorrect crab
it's just a prop bro
>>
>>560010
that makes sense. I feel a little bit more relaxed now
>>
File: Riggy.jpg (70KB, 689x724px) Image search: [Google]
Riggy.jpg
70KB, 689x724px
>>559824
Retopo'd and starting on a rig; god, weighting in maya is so annoying
>>
File: Crab2.png (365KB, 819x765px) Image search: [Google]
Crab2.png
365KB, 819x765px
>>560080
>that
>anatomically incorrect crab
Hah, you are like little baby
>>
>>560112
Looking forward to Stardew VR.
>>
File: PoisonDartFrog.png (388KB, 900x518px) Image search: [Google]
PoisonDartFrog.png
388KB, 900x518px
>>560123
started this in the morning
>>
>>560185
Did you have to give it boobs? What is wrong with you people.
>>
>>560188
The idea is that in the future 3d will comprise of mostly porn, so they try to yet as much practice as possible. All the while this is going on with pretty much every aspiring 3d artist so there will be fierce competition. The only ones who will accelerate in this niche field are the people who do both erotica story telling and 3d at the same time.
>>
>>560188
those are poison sacs not boobs, muh artistic integrity :^)
>>
>>560194
awful poison sacs. It doesnt read as a poison sack. Take it back to the 2d design stage and try again. F-U-N-D-A-M-E-N-T-A-L-S
>>
>>560195
B-b-but my autistic integrity!1

But for real, I'll probably get rid of the breasts, they felt right at the time, but I really just want some sort of breastplate-type protrusion in the breast area. I had it flat to begin with, but it just didn't feel right to me.
>>
>>560203
I know it's a tree frog but what about that lower mouth thing some frogs have that expand when they ribbit.
>>
File: souls.jpg (161KB, 1069x598px) Image search: [Google]
souls.jpg
161KB, 1069x598px
I made some people. Next Im going to teach them to feel pain and sadness.
>>
>>560229
Where the hoes at bruh, you got a sausage fest going on here
>>
>>560229
nice toupees they got there
>>
>>560235
its a zen garden for gays
>>
>>560235
I added some girls. The bald female children are freaking me out right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2oMbeTek9g&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>560270
great stuff so far mate
>>
>>560270
I'd fuck some of those kids
>>
File: Froggee.png (612KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
Froggee.png
612KB, 1000x562px
>>560185
new chest, and finished feet
>>
>>560282
T H I C C
>>
>>559970
Something as high profile as a warning light shouldn't have an 8-sided silhouette in 2017.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (205KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
205KB, 1920x1080px
>>558448
working on a cinmatic version of mafia jinx from league of legends

>will reply with the shit im workin on for it
>>
File: eye shader render_3.jpg (140KB, 1429x801px) Image search: [Google]
eye shader render_3.jpg
140KB, 1429x801px
>>560290
render of the eye shader
>made the veins more extensive since this render
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 480x320px
>>560290
test animation with the game gun model, and the remodeled violin case
>>
>>560290
her mini gun
>dark grey is the upgraded pieces, light blue is the game model
>>
File: gun1.jpg (53KB, 1283x737px) Image search: [Google]
gun1.jpg
53KB, 1283x737px
>>560293
>>560290
her mini gun
>dark grey is the upgraded pieces, light blue is the game model

>im also an idiot that didnt attach the file
>>
File: grenade1.jpg (42KB, 812x656px) Image search: [Google]
grenade1.jpg
42KB, 812x656px
>>560290
grenade necklace also done
>>
File: vcase1.jpg (89KB, 984x606px) Image search: [Google]
vcase1.jpg
89KB, 984x606px
>>560290
better look at the violin case model
>>
>>560290
>>560291
>>560292
>>560293
>>560296
>>560297

this aint your personal blog bro
>>
>>560290
>mafia jinx

You seem to have mistyped "worst jinx" by accident.

I'd take it back to the drawing board and pick a better jinx skin. That isn't the worst jinx skin.
>>
>>560306
the in game skins vs a cinematic skin would be way different.
>i actually like the 1920s mobster style of jinx in that skin

this skin would probably need the highest skill and be the most impressive out of all of the 5 she has.
>the cloth alone on that skin is a tough job with all of the frills and interaction with her hair

having to actually model the guitar case and resize/redesign each piece to fit inside the case isnt as easy as it sounds >>560292
> ( in game it just scales up as the case opens)

the original has already been done ( its ok )
star guardian would just look like a generic anime shit
the slayer skin wouldnt look nearly as good as mafia as a cinematic
>firecracker might be neat tho
>>
>>560315
Firecracker would probably look the best if you don't want your stuff to devolve into anime. To me, the skin makes her look like an overdressed South American pelican. To each his own though.

If you're doing it for the technical challenge, I really have no retorts against that.
>>
>>560322
oh yea, its purely for my demo reel
>>
File: eye.png (694KB, 715x552px) Image search: [Google]
eye.png
694KB, 715x552px
>>560291
i don't think it should bulge like that
>>
File: IMG_7521.jpg (160KB, 742x1324px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7521.jpg
160KB, 742x1324px
>>560331
That may be, but what you think is irrelevant. The actual anatomy of the cornea does bulge out very slightly.
>>
>>560285
I just noticed that, changed.

Any other thing that should be fixed?
>>
>>560377
The black wire going from the floor to the door panel on left side of the door both looks like it flattens at the curves and should have more loops devoted to the bends.
>>
>>560377
Compared to the concept art, a lot of your pipes are too thin and have much sharper corners/fillets.
>>
File: eye shape.jpg (43KB, 679x560px) Image search: [Google]
eye shape.jpg
43KB, 679x560px
>>560373
yeah, its like that
>>
File: eye.jpg (16KB, 520x244px) Image search: [Google]
eye.jpg
16KB, 520x244px
>>560373
i wasn't talking about the cornea, i was talking about the conjunctiva.
pic related: left one is how it should look like, right one is what your model looks like to me.
>>
>>560407
could it be because i have a supporting edge for the lens, the cornea is a separate mesh
>>
>>559802
>making a 3d model using another person's 3d model portfolio piece as a reference

why do people do this

are there really people this retarded in the world
>>
>>560041
it looks like raw clay. what material are you trying to make these tiles out of?
>>
File: HUG.jpg (214KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
HUG.jpg
214KB, 960x540px
>>558448
give me the hugs!!!!
i are the tutorials bread in sandwitch?
feets?
>>
>>560417
Give an explanation why we shouldn't, anon.
>>
>>560417

thinking a painting is a 3d render
>what the fuck
>>
>>560428
>failing to see an image is a paintover of a 3d render
what the fuck
>>
>>560417
It should't matter, if there chair was based of a real chair or even if it wasn't it just used to get the shape. Using the shape as reference, and a combination of real work examples you can make a realistic chair from a 3d refrance. I get what your saying, using another 3d image a refrance breeds errors but as long as you can back up the image with real thing it shouldn't matter.
>>
>>560435
I looked the image up, it say concept art but looks like it could be a paint over so I'm not sure tbo
>>
File: Wrench.jpg (276KB, 2000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Wrench.jpg
276KB, 2000x2400px
Wrench guy here from old thread.
Did another version of the old model.
Do you like?
>>
File: HighresScreenshot00000.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
HighresScreenshot00000.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
It ended up looking like shit.

Im going to kill my fucking self.
>>
goal was to build something like this
>>
File: screenshot003.png (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot003.png
2MB, 1280x1024px
Canon AE-1, just finished the high poly
>>
remake of this jacket
>>
File: Gorilla.jpg (244KB, 1417x745px) Image search: [Google]
Gorilla.jpg
244KB, 1417x745px
>>558448
Was wondering if it is possible to create two different UVs for one mesh in Z-brush? For instance, a UV map for the head. Then, a UV map for the rest of the body. I've researched online, and couldn't find any resources on the subject. Thanks guys, here's what I'm working on atm.
>>
>>560475
nigga your lighting is fucked, your textures are fucked, and your vertex normals are fucked

there isn't a secret to lighting other than looking at how other people light their things (and not just in games, irl and in film as well). Make your light sources static and bake lightmaps with lightmass and it should automatically look a lot better (you get GI and all sorts of shit with it). Protip: pros don't use as many lights as you might think, and they rarely go outside of the light temperature spectrum (red to blue) without a good reason. Good lights are also rarely pure white, look up a light temperature chart for lightbulbs and see where you should rank your lights depending on their type.

your materials I dunno, look up basics to PBR if you haven't already

for your vertex normals, google "weighted vertex normals" and it will unfuck your shapes.
>>
>>560485
The metal housing of the dslr prism has some pronounced beveling that's missing in your model. I would also say to bevel some of those hard edges a little bit more, they're too hard even for a "realistic" model.
>>
File: HighresScreenshot00000.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
HighresScreenshot00000.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>560475
Managed to make it look better.

Result is better than I initially expected, but even then I'm not too happy with it. Though, it was useful for me to learn how to do a few things with decals and stuff so I can improve.

I should learn proper Unreal lighting...
>>
>>560495
see
>>560498

The problem with first pic is that blender's fbx exported broke my smoothing groups and made lots of smoothing errors; because of that I didn't even tried lighting the scene (first pic doesnt have any ligths placed, only scene default sky light).

Not going to finish it though, but it will help me for future projects for sure.
>>
>>560475
dude your asset workflow is completely fucked.
go on digital tutors or something and learn how to make assets.
learn about smoothing groups in particular and stop fucking with settings you shouldn't fuck with
>>
>>560498
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bCLIQXm8bs&index=7&list=PLz5LAMF4HJtaj1BjgnKoH-78Oo14Pi88A

watch this shit and take notes..
>>
>>560502
lol wrong video..
watch Session 2.1 to 2.3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aT6pU46qoA
>>
>>560503
Thanks, I will watch those series, seems useful.
>>
>>560493
don't know about zbrush, but maya does it with uv sets. maybe thatll get your googlefu jump started
>>
File: DK-head-wip.png (675KB, 1042x781px) Image search: [Google]
DK-head-wip.png
675KB, 1042x781px
Modeling in progress.
>>
File: accessory-skull-subst.png (675KB, 931x782px) Image search: [Google]
accessory-skull-subst.png
675KB, 931x782px
>>
>>560542
what dat mouth do?
>>
>>560544
kinda soft and lumpy
>>
>>560041
Specularity seems off, what material is this supposed to be?
Also that bevel is waaay too round
>>
File: creb.png (385KB, 1024x613px) Image search: [Google]
creb.png
385KB, 1024x613px
>>560128
Superior crab coming through...
>>
>>560603
serious question... I have rigged this crab with armatures and suddenly (randomly) they all dissapeared... They are all still in the object list, but they arent actualy there, and I cannot pose or click on them.

It is not a hiding issue, and it is not a layer issue, nor is it a armature X-ray option related issue... any ideas?
>>
>>560604
go to your scene outliner panel and untick the lock icon on the crab's armature entry.
>>
>>560502
>>560503
Happy you sent the wrong video, these videos are fucking great. I recommend anyone to watch them all.
>>
>>560674
Since anon recommended those to me I'm binge watching them; they are fucking awesome, the guy definitely knows about what he's teaching.
>>
>>560422
>>560471
its unprofessional and no one will take you seriously

its like if you were applying for traditional art school and all your portfolio pieces were established cartoon characters like bugs bunny and shit

also if you're directly copying someone's topology for a model it would be like tracing

employer want to see your own skills and creativity, now copying someone else's work

you should either be modelling from real life or from imagination, or from concept art that was specifically made for you, if you're serious about building a portfolio
>>
>>560690
> topology
> creativity
>>
>>560690
I get what your saying, but achvis usaly isn't about designing something. From my experience it's working from a cad file or sketches so using someone elses concept art or even a 3d model dosn't seem like a big deal as long as your not "tracing" the tapoligy I don't see the negative. It's not like my room is coping the image, I'm using a single asset from the concept art for my room.
>>
File: 1420099814802.jpg (13KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
1420099814802.jpg
13KB, 250x239px
>>560690
>implying you aren't tracing when modelling from a real life room that's full of things other people have designed themselves at some point
>>
>>560054
>>558530
What are you using for textures? Substance Designer/Painter? Any chance you could show a picture without any materials?
>>
File: screengrab.jpg (110KB, 1452x1056px) Image search: [Google]
screengrab.jpg
110KB, 1452x1056px
working on this lion this guy is retopologized. If I were to make this guy lying down and covered in fur is it alright that his anatomy isn't 100%? and should I start sculpting with a tablet instead of a mouse?
>>
>>560814
you can do whatever you want with it as long as the topology is good and the rigging is good.

> and should I start sculpting with a tablet instead of a mouse?
if you like sculpting in general, you seem to have a good headstart
>>
>>560690
it's really hard to innovate on topology and if it works it works why bother changing that. Should I start using a bunch of spiral loops on models now cause it's less mainstream?
>>
>>560690
That's like saying "copying" realistic anatomy is tracing.
>>
>>560009
How does the wind work on the trees? Are you using a specific shader?
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 118

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.