[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how does it look?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: cup of coffee2.png (637KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
cup of coffee2.png
637KB, 960x540px
how does it look?
>>
how do you want it to look?
do you think it looks good?
did you enjoy making this cup?
>>
>>553547

Like someone opened a glitter bomb. You would also cut urself drinking from this cuper.
>>
It's absolutely amazeballs.

How did you, do it?
>>
>>553547
I think you have some internal faces on the handle where it connects to the body. To the right of the 3 buttons for selecting vertices, edges, and faces there's an icon representing a cube with bloated vertices. Click that to see inside the mesh. Set it to faces and check if there are faces between the handle and body, and if there are then select and delete them. This should allow the handle to better smooth into the body.
>>
File: Conspiracy-Keanu.jpg (26KB, 551x549px) Image search: [Google]
Conspiracy-Keanu.jpg
26KB, 551x549px
>>553561
You're right there's 2 internal faces on the handle l put them there kind as a joke so that the coffee doesnt spill inside the handle

l'll this when l get home thanks
>>
OP, why not use subdivision properly ?
>>
>>553547
looks like something i rendered on my Amiga in Sculpt3d 30 years ago.
>>
>>553575
In 2 minutes
>>
>>553577
>waste valuable thread space

lt's not valuable if there's a shitton of it. /3/ is dead as fuck
>>
>>553547
It's not too bad for a first try, but there are a lot of things holding it back from looking convincing, interesting, or impressive.

Lighting is probably the biggest factor. A single rectangular light source is unrealistic and boring. Your 3D scene should emulate a real life setting with real life lighting to match. Even if you want it to look like a "neutral" studio setting with "perfect" lighting, a single rectangle isn't what you need.

The background and table are the next biggest problems. An empty grey expanse like that isn't just boring, it's unrealistic. An orange table is a bit strange conceptually, but if that's really what you want you should still try to give it some sort of texture so it at least seems plausible. Make it look like some kind of laminate surface? I dunno.

Also, that cup model isn't very good. Handles are usually much flatter than that (look at references on Google Image Search), and the way it connects to the cup doesn't look right at all.

Keep working on it, and show us what you accomplish after working through some of these critiques.
>>
File: 96nNylH.jpg (95KB, 625x783px) Image search: [Google]
96nNylH.jpg
95KB, 625x783px
>>
>>553547

Your lightsource is showing (the bright ractangle) ... definitly not a good thing.

The handle has like others mentioned internal faces.

The top has some very sharp edges ... at least for a ceramic cup.

The material is quite glossy and a bit simplistic.

And finaly, if you want to continue working on this you will definitly need to rethink your presentation.

A fitting and believable scene surrounding your prop is half the battle and can make up for quite a few shortcomings.
>>
>>554920
>Your lightsource is showing (the bright ractangle) ... definitly not a good thing.

wut
>>
>>553555
"do you wanna know..... How i got these scars??".....
>>
>>554922

What don't you understand about what he said?

Right now it looks like the cup is in a room being lit by a giant fluorescent lamp, and based on the fireflies (little white specs) I'm guessing you used an emission plane instead of an actual Lamp

Really you should use an HDRI if you can, especially with any sort of glossy, reflective, metallic materials and you should use a more complex lighting setup (start by learning the 3 point lighting system)
>>
>>554928
Yeah, despite all of the other flaws in the scene, I'd still say the boring shitty lighting is the weakest link. People don't seem to realize how important good lighting is.

Good lighting can make shitty models look pretty good. Bad lighting can make amazing models look like absolute shit.

Fiddling around endlessly with lighting like an autistic dumbass might be frustrating, but it pays dividends.
>>
>>553665
This. Post renders of KYs. Tubes, bottles, those little rip-open packets.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.