[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>info on how to use transformation matrices in graphics APIs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1476279102700.jpg (282KB, 1733x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1476279102700.jpg
282KB, 1733x2000px
>info on how to use transformation matrices in graphics APIs without any libraries is rare
>usually it's wrong
This may look like awoo
But it is actually a reee
>>
graphics API is a library, right ?

you can multiply a matrix with another matrix or a vector(a point is also a vector) so just use multiplication and you are good
>>
>>551549
But it takes a complex composition of matrices to achieve the correct result, and a proper vertex shader to match.
>>
>>551550
transformations 101
if you want to make a composite transformation from multiplke matrices the order how you multiply can affect the final result,you need to do it backwards of what you want to achieve, when it comes to vertex shader, you probably need to transform from object space to world space than modify custom stuff,then transform to clip space and then it should be done
>>
>>551552
Why are you reciting transformations 101?
Snippets of basic information aren't useful in the slightest for trying to correct the mistakes in an almost-complete setup.
>>
>>551554
give a concrete problem and i will try to help, dont expect exact stuff without a proper question
>>
>>551556
I found this older thread I made which goes into more detail:
>>>/g/58857102
>>
>>551547
what the fuck are you talking about, every book on graphics has that.
>>
>>551648
Name one that I can possibly read online, which goes into full detail (all the information you need) rather than a brief overview.
>>
>>551547
That's because you're searching in programming or graphics stuff but it's basic linear algebra, which is why they don't bother explaining it.
>>
Here you go anon, basic cg math guide

https://www.scratchapixel.com
>>
>>551585
>Vulkan shouldn't be full of worst practices, yet
I got a feeling there is worst practices in there from bad ideas.
I.E True triple buffering setups apparently need to be hand coded, and isn't setup by default

Code examples might be okay, but there is still a lot of horrible practices that comes from "Lets do the old that 1:1"
>>
>>551686
this shit is riddled with typos
is it really a good learning source?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.