[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does she look so ayylmao? done without front and side images

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Untitled.png (177KB, 1459x837px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
177KB, 1459x837px
why does she look so ayylmao?
done without front and side images
>>
include temples and jaw definition

it looks ayy because its too smooth and lacks detail
>>
why every beginner mesh looks exactly the same?
>>
>>551352
>done without front and side images
that's why
>>
>>551358
ok thanks
>>551354
good point
>>
File: plane.jpg (3KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
plane.jpg
3KB, 183x275px
>>551358
They tend to look like this with side and front image too.
I think it's because most newbies didn't done enough studies of the head yet, either trough drawing or modeling.

>>551352
Look at anatomy references, look "up planes of the head" for example. The face s no way this flat (apart from a few exceptions).

I'd also say, look in the mirror. Like a lot. Turn your head a bit, and watch how it looks. Damn, you should feel out the definition with your fingers too, the angles, the direction of the surface.

Go to a museum or a park and examine the sculptures as much as you can. Draw simple studies even.

tldr;: look on real stuff
>>
File: Untitled.png (146KB, 1061x838px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
146KB, 1061x838px
any better?
>>
>>551368
thankyou, have already taken life drawing and done some wood figure carving
>>
>>551371
Yeah, those are good ways to study.
Your first priority should be to understand the structure of anything.

Also, I forgot to mention in the previous post: Skulls. Draw, sculpt them, or just look at them as much as you can from as many angles as you can. I'm sure your life study class has one. Or if that's not possible, then search sketchfab. (heh you can even download the first result)

Anatomy books could also be helpful. the /ic sticky should mention some. I'd say get yourself a copy of Gottfried Bammes' anatomy books, especially the german ones. He approaches the human body from a constructivist direction, and it's pretty good at showing the structure. (Even if you can't speak german.)

That >>551370 image above is a bit better, but it still has issues all over the place. Like the definition of the nose, or the eye sockets to mention some.
The mouth area seems to be too dense to work with at this stage. I'd say you should start with fewer edge loops at first, and when that level looks as good as it gets, then start to add more detail.

I'd suggest not to get too attached to it, and don't be afraid to start from scratch. Sure, you could improve this, but sometimes you gain more from a fresh start then a frustrating polish.

Also: Mirror modifier first, SubSurf second in the modifier stack. So it smooths the mirrored mesh, not the way around. And enable the Clipping option in the Mirror modifier, to avoid accidental seams. And make sure that the vertices in the center are actually on the mirroring plane - the Clipping option is helpful for that.
>>
>>551374
>Mirror modifier first, SubSurf second in the modifier stack.
excellent point sir
>>
File: 1486935238978.png (167KB, 1061x838px) Image search: [Google]
1486935238978.png
167KB, 1061x838px
these r the areas that I see more fucked, these and the ear ofc
>>
When using image planes in orthographic
It's better scale based on eyes or nose and avoid
relying on image head shape too much.

If you trace in orthographic view you'll get ayy lmao, wide, and flat heads.
>>
the anatomy may be fucked, but at least you have very good topology OP
>>
use proportional editing at this point
>>
>>551352
Don't bother with that kind of modeling, results will never look good. Download Zbrush and learn anatomy if you want your faces to actually look human.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.