[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

procedural & parametric modeling for reusable assets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: houdini-s1-poster-636-long.jpg (56KB, 636x830px) Image search: [Google]
houdini-s1-poster-636-long.jpg
56KB, 636x830px
What software would you recommend for creating assets that are reusable and adaptable / scalable for different scenes?

I'm doing Archviz for a company building mostly large retail stores for the same brands and such the design is always more or less the same because the brands want their stores to be recognizable and to display their CI.
To put it simply, I have to model a lot of large, similar looking box like buildings that vary in size but not in design. So I figured I could save a lot of time if I had a base model of these stores that I could just fit to certain boundaries. But I'm not sure how to go about this.
I guess Grasshopper could work, I already set up a script for one recurring element. But I'm curious to see what you guys would recommend or if you have any advice or experience to share.
>>
Houdini
>>
Good thread
>>
>>550983
I'm very intrigued by Houdini, thats why I chose that pic for the thread. My usual workflow is to import 2D plans into Rhino and model based on those, which is very accurate. Will Houdini be able to do that and handle large scenes?
>>
File: 1485639150827.jpg (159KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485639150827.jpg
159KB, 300x500px
>>550983
>>
>>551041
i am slightly dreading learning houdini's interface
do you know any really good blender addons, even paid ones which do procedurals?
>>
>>551351
Nope, don't know blender at all. All I know is rhino and some grasshopper
>>
>>551351
You can "learn" Houdini interface in one afternoon. Paradigm and particular nodes are other thing, but interface is really logical and simple.
>>
>>551351
you might look at Sverchok and Animation Nodes addons. But can't tell you much more since I never really put the time to learn them
>>
>>551351

There are paid procedural add-ons for Blender (can't recommend any though, don't have first hand experience), with clever use of vertex groups and modifiers you can get pretty close to non-destructive, and the node editor lets you do some clever stuff for procedural textures

http://blenderaddonlist.blogspot.com/2015/03/addon-non-destructive-modelling.html
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.