[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maya extrude

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: what.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
what.jpg
1B, 486x500px
using maya 2016
Trying to add thickness to a shell, but it puts everything everywhere, guessing the axis thing on extrude is off but i cant move it
>>
Looks like the vertices are extruding instead of the poly-faces. I use 3DS Max, but are you extruding via selection of the poly faces?
>>
make sure 'keep faces together' in the mesh (or edit mesh?) menu is checked, and try to make the thickness a much smaller number, like 0.01, and adjust it in increments of 0.01 as well.
>>
>>550144
The mesh you're trying to extrude is probably fucked and consists of non manifold components, try running a clean up tool before extruding.
The axis for the extrusion is not off, it just shows a normal for one of the faces being extruded but the extrude is still going to effect everything selected.
If nothing else works, try extruding by incresing the "Local translate Z" parameter instead of thickness.
Also, these kind of newbie questions belong in the "Questions that don't deserve their own thread" thread, so try using that one next time.
>>
use the cleanup tool to fix your mesh
delete all by type history, try again
>>
>>550144
It's a common bug in 3D software

Some thing where it goes into a negative integer which actually becomes the maximum value possible which makes the geometry fucking warp out of this dimension

I don't know how to rectify the issue for Maya but just get fresh new geometry and it should be fine
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.