[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF just happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1442439281894[1].png (128KB, 1000x459px) Image search: [Google]
1442439281894[1].png
128KB, 1000x459px
TurboSquid has aquired TF3DM and CGStudio!

Did the owner sellout?
>>
Hi everyone,
We’ve got big news to announce that is going to have a major impact on how we market and sell 3D models in 2017 and beyond. I’m excited to share that TurboSquid has acquired CGStudio and TF3DM (The Free 3D Models Site)!
One of the things I’m most excited about is that Silviu Claponea, founder of both CGStudio and TF3DM, will be joining the TurboSquid team. He launched TF3DM while still in high school and has turned it into the largest site for free 3D models in the world. He’s one of the few people that truly understands the ins-and-outs of running a digital marketplace and has a lot of ideas for features that would improve the experience for our artists.
Overall, our TurboSquid vision for 2017 is about migrating even further than CheckMate reviews - we’re building towards a 100% quality checked site. We want to have the best models available from the world’s best artists, and we want to drive towards a customer experience where every model “just works” the way our customers expect. There is some content that for one reason or another (maybe it's old or the artistis just getting started modeling) might no longer belong on TS, but should still be available for sale as it has value for some users. This means we will need another place for content that is not part of the TS.com quality vision. CGStudio will fill the role of working with models of a wider variety of quality and pricing.
With regard to free content, we want to make sure that free models are focused on personal use, and that users that download free models are given every chance to upgrade to commercial quality and commercial licensing. Free content has a role to play in our industry and CGStudio and TF3DM have shown that many free users ultimately convert to paying customers. We know that we can point those free users towards a significantly larger catalog of premium models at TurboSquid.
>>
What does this mean for exclusive artists? Exclusive artists account for 85% of TurboSquid’s revenue, and now TurboSquid artists can expand to sell on CGstudio if they have models that fit that vision or if they would just like another successful site to sell on. The same SquidGuild rules will apply in that prohibited models, such as BMW, will not be allowed on CGS.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.