[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Licensing/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Manus_productphoto.jpg (164KB, 1300x867px) Image search: [Google]
Manus_productphoto.jpg
164KB, 1300x867px
I am creating a VR experience based on a popular television show, in which you can walk around 1:1 sets and locations with minimal interactivity. I will try to minimize branding for the show at all costs and maybe try to push it toward parody so that I can get away with using replicas of their locations.

I have sufficiently modeled the actual locations from scratch as well as textured them. In one of the locations though I have imported torrented models from CGPeers as I can't realistically create these models under my budget which is 0. I also can't afford to pay for the models, especially the ones that include the commercial use license. Will I be able to get away with using these models even though they are like £400 each for a commercial license. It's just a personal project and I probably won't charge for the actual game.
I don't necessarily need the models as there is one alternative, however using these models will add tremendously to the aesthetic of the locations to accurately match the show that the other models won't do.
Thanks for the advice in advance!

P.S. All of my software is pirated as well(except Unity) so if that will also affect it then tell me.
>>
Also I might end up using some pirated unity assets, will this be detectable.
>>
When it matters, it'll matter, and it'll bite you.

Until it matters, it'll be fine... right up until it matters.

Let me see it and I'll be able to give you a better opinion.
>>
>>549116
They are priced at £400 for a reason, otherwise you would be making them yourself.
You can be certain that "parody" won´t cut IF YOU ACTUALLY MAKE MONEY WITH THIS.
I advice you to buy everything- models, software, you name it - if you start making money. Remembering that exposure is as bad as making money, and exposure without money is a sure way to go to jail, depending on witch country you´re pulling that off.
>>
>>549130
>>549139
They'll be scans of people from a popular 3d scan site so it will be easy to tell they're from that site if you are familiar with the model selection. But unless I'm audited or something how could they know I'm using pirated assets and software
>>
>>549222
You can look inside programs. It's not difficult to tear graphics and models from games, especially Unity. Plus they could just look at it, check you out and see if you're listed on their asset store, and then audit or something.
>>
>>549116
Let me guess; westworld vr?
>>
>>549224
So if I don't use pirated unity assets I should be fine.
I don't see how anyone will know if I have the £400 license to use a model especially since I have altered the model slightly and exported it into FBX.
>>549228
yes well done
>>
>>549236
>someone recognizes expensive model
>can tell dev budget is nonexistent
Could happen even if it's a stretch.
>>
File: ed harris.webm (706KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ed harris.webm
706KB, 1280x720px
>>549254
>>549228
Also would I get fucked for using an actor's likeness.
>>
>>549390
blacklisted
>>
>>549390
lmao
>>
>P.S. All of my software is pirated as well
THAT will get you in trouble if you sell your work/services for sure
>>
>>549542
I just don't understand how they could possibly find out. My unity version in the personal edition which is legit. There no way they can figure out that my models have been exported in a pirated 3ds max or that my textures have been edited in a pirated Photoshop
>>
>>549551
you need to scrub the metadata from the textures and they should be untraceable
as for models it's a bit harder, autodesk software encodes a unique user ID in the meshdata and they'll know if the user license it's matched to isn't yours
>>
File: smug peridot.jpg (239KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
smug peridot.jpg
239KB, 512x512px
>>549554
>autodesk software encodes a unique user ID in the meshdata
That´s the biggest bullcrap i´ve ever heard.
The lawsuit would run around the globe, and not even the most hardcore legitimate users would use the software ever again.
>>
>>549554
any source for this?
i was sure that autodesk just insert watermark into the file information data and you can delete it easily
>>
>>549116
you will get sued to death for using pirated models above all else

most 3d modelers are fiercely protective of their creations
>>
>>549723
rightfully so.
Pirating Software from a Multi-million $$$ company is one thing, stealing from your fellow Artists is just low and i hope you'll get sued.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.