[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck offff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: fuck offffff.png (1B, 486x500px)
fuck offffff.png
1B, 486x500px
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH MAYA BOOLEANS??????

AUTODESK GO EAT A DICK
>>
>>548999

Why would you waste your time using boleans? learn to actually model. Booleans tend to cause topology that is problomatic.
>>
>>549000
what are booleans made for then? Did Autodick put them here just to piss us off?
>>
>>549004
if you boolean get ready to fix the topolgy or dont use it at all
>>
>>549000
you're a retard, they're actually fine if you model with tris instead of quads
>>
>>549004
It takes like 5 minutes to fix boolean topology if you aren't a complete idiot. It's not hard holy shit dude.

Also, pretty much every modern modeling package has a boolean modifier. I don't know why you're complaining about maya, maybe just because of the "i hate autodesk xd" meme I guess.
>>
>>549019
The reason is OP is new to 3d modelling.
>>
>>549019
I was fired from a AAA studio for using booleans
>>
>>549032
Did you forget to clean up your topology?
>>
>>549010
>model with tris
Not sure if trolling or autistic.
>>
>>549089
neither, as long as your intersecting geometry is entirely composed of quads the intersection will be perfect
>>
>>549004
Booleans only work well in software that model based on splines.

Also most Autodesk products are fucking ancient behemoths, littered with stuff nobody uses that are kept alive by their past. Do yourself a favor and learn something better if you're just starting in 3D.
>>
File: 729.gif (1B, 486x500px)
729.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>549150

omg wtf
yeah, how's your jobs at lucas and pixar going sensei?
>>
>>549172
It doesn't fucking matter.

If you would be paying attention to the market you'd know that what you need is to git gud in the field, with the software of your choice, god knows it's full of those these days.

If you're good, you'll find work.
>>
>>549172
I actually work for a software distribution company. I get to work on whatever I want in my free time and almost all programs go through my hands.

Autodesk is the slimiest company of all. Sure, they've got good features and are pretty much the standard, but that's because they've been buying and disassembling good software (like Softimage) and integrating them in Max and/or Maya. All their software is ridiculously overpriced, slow and the interface is a mess compared to so many other products with tonnes of deprecated features.

If Autodesk would die today, it would be a breath of fresh air that the industry needs. Fucking hell, architects using AutoCAD makes me cringe to no end when there are so many cheaper alternatives that do a much better job.
>>
>>549180
What is your preferred software then, anon?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.