[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please, tell me there is other anons like me who animate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 500.jpg (32KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
500.jpg
32KB, 480x454px
Please, tell me there is other anons like me who animate frame per frame
>>
No trolling allowed on this board.
>>
That's an extremely inefficient way to work, no one will hire you if you work like this legitematly.
>>
K E Y F R A M E S

M O T I O N C A P T U R E

P H Y S I C S S I M U L A T I O N
>>
>>548112
Neck yourself if you animate frame by frame. You're not Mitsuo Iso.

Set keyframes, polish the betweens.
>>
>>548112
If you're animating a complex scene, that's the last thing you want to do.
>>
welcome to the great invention of interpolation sir!
how may we help you!?
>>
according to the Animators Survival Kit frame by frame is a valid method
>>
>>548127
What does valid mean to you? Like, a bare minimum of "It makes an animation"?

It's without a doubt, with no question at all, very inefficient. But if time's not an issue and you don't mind wasting it then whatever, I hope it actually ends up looking good enough to justify the time spent.
>>
>>548130
The author says its the natural way to animate and he does it a few times for example
>>
>>548127
For 2D, if you want to be Disney.
Here's a frame by frame pencil test done by one of the few remaining traditional animators of Disney before he was fired (Nik Ranieri).
It's gorgeous, but it took him 2 months to do 30 seconds:
https://vimeo.com/68242131
>>
>>548132
It was better than any of the 3d shit in that movie
>>
>>548133
Well, of course, but Disney is a business, not an art house.
Same applies to most artists that didn't inherit a vast fortune out of the blue.
>>
It's pretty shitty and looks bad unless you have a heavy background in 2D already.
In which case just use 2D.
>>
Not relying on sophisticated tools is good for your patience.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.