[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

learning unreal boys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: TnEf9BQ.png (423KB, 1204x569px) Image search: [Google]
TnEf9BQ.png
423KB, 1204x569px
learning unreal boys
>>
>>547736
wasting hours of my already wasted life right now boys rather than learning programming because I don't respect myself boys
>>
>>547736
What are you trying to accomplish with unreal? I just dropped unreal for unity, the scripting makes a lot more sense to me imo. Unreal has a lot of backward compatibility issues with their documentations.
>>
>>548271
are you serious? how does a framework that has no support for basic oop stuff like inheritance and polymorphism make more sense?
>>
>>548283
unreal is too high level. Its for babbys that want spaghetti nodes to tell you the fucking truth.
>>
>>547736
this >>548271 is easier Unity and C# and got more documentation
>>
>>548284
you still didn't answer my question
>>
>>548284
unity isn't even half of what unreal is.
>>
>>548284

Are you fucking kidding? You can write C++ code directly for Unreal

>but you can write garbage workaround C# for Unity!
Not even 1/10th as close to the metal as Unreal
>>
>>548291
no Im not kidding you. Its just a wrapper to a bunch of shit code by epic failures. Write your own engine or get out of this field.
>>
>>548293
>Write your own engine

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
This thread seems like someone is just digging a bigger hole for himself rather than just admitting he was wrong.
>>
>>548284
They didnt realize the changes they have to accommodate to the documentations everytime they release a new version every week. It's like everytime I follow a tutorial theres always some updates that make something not work. Unity is much more newbie friendly.
>>
>>548294
laughing at all the greats including john c, carnack

>the irony
>>
>>548297
>quoting a guy who made his fame back when there were only a handful of engines.
wheh, great work kiddo
>>
>>548291
>but you can write garbage workaround C# for Unity!
>Not even 1/10th as close to the metal as Unreal

Not really. The point you are brinning on "close to metal" is not really relevant, unless you consider what this anon >>548291 is saying.
What's so funny about making a game engine. You really think c++ of unreal is gonna be marginally better than Unity's IL2CPP Scripting Backend?

Now add to the equation (probably without 10 years of coding experience, pehaps you) person , and reconsider your opinion
>>
>>548298
>believing this
>>
>>548299
unless you consider what this anon >>548291 is saying>>548293
>>
>>548293
>wrapper to a bunch of shit code by epic failures

>>548294
>Write your own engine
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

>>548298
>wheh, great work kiddo

Do you see what's happening? Your hatred is spashing onto my screen. You two anons should behave correctly.
Listen to this >>548299
Making an engine is applicable when you are discussing being close to metal, nothing to kek about.

Stay informed and open-minded, keep hatred locked
>>
>>548302
This anon has the right idea. Writing your own engine is like knowing about the internals of your car and being a mechanic. If you dont know how to fix a car then you would hardly be able to fix a flat tire much less diagnose deeper problems.
>>
>>548299
unity can't produce real time cinema/fur/whatever the fuck but unreal can. matter of fact without unreal we would stuck in time in terms of realtime cg
>>
>>548305
you can, the entire rendering pipeline is exposed. Fuck man, people even posed entire VXGI on assetStore

It should be possible to do fur
>>
/v/ is leaking
wooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>547736
love it
>>
>>548293
4/10
>>
>>548305
Nigger it's right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv-XHqS-ZDA
>>
File: whelp.png (325KB, 667x670px) Image search: [Google]
whelp.png
325KB, 667x670px
>>547736
>node-based coding a kindergartner can use...

What's to learn?
>>
File: 1443405434519.gif (634KB, 215x239px) Image search: [Google]
1443405434519.gif
634KB, 215x239px
>>548283
C# and Java are both OOP; they, therefore, support inheritance and polymorphism. There's no need for that, though, because everyone is comfy inheriting monBehaviors. Anyone that still uses C++ is an elitist fag because the only thing that low-level language is used for is proper memory management. With the almost unlimited capabilities of 64-bit systems, no one needs memory management. You're wasting your time learning C++ because who the hell wants to prototype and make header files when modern languages just post process?
>>
>>550112
>We Don't Need Optimization (2017 Edition)
>>
>>550112
C# doesn't have functioning SIMD support though
So anything using vectors/matrices can be 4-16 times faster in C++
>>
>>550116
Ok, you're right. I guess I'm switching to UE4, then.
>>
>>550112
nice tranny, what's her name?
>>
>>550125
You fucking underage or something ?
>>
>>548265
>coders
>self respect

Pick literally one.
>>
>>550113
Exactly. Otherwise, we would still be writing games in assembly like they did in the 8 and 16 bit era.
>>
>>550128
nah, quite the opposite actually, all the trannies I fap to are from the 2000-2007 era
>>
>>550203
those videos arent even hd
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.