[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bump Map

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

File: Bumppy.jpg (121KB, 1365x691px) Image search: [Google]
Bumppy.jpg
121KB, 1365x691px
Did i go over on the bump map? And the general "Wear And Tear" of it?
>>
Too uniform. What kind of material and object is this? Is it used for something? Display? Is it exposed to the elements? Does anything move/touch it? etc...
>>
>>546434
you should turn back the surface wear and get some edge wear in there. edges look way too sharp for that kind of weathering you have there.
>>
What is it dude? You got wear and tear all over it but that's only really relevant if it's actually something that gets wear and tear everywhere
>>
learn how to properly texture with mari, babby
>>
did you export uv map into photoshop for texturing?
>>
Use masks and generators, and make tear only happening on edges. Dust on the creases, etc..
>>
>>546459
No I used blender for the model and I exported the model and the UV maps into substance painter, I'm very new to substance. But so far I love it
>>
>>546454
It is for a corridor scene, space ship like. I want it to be more if a underground bunker. But if you want to give me some feedback or any ideas I would definitely listen
>>
>>546567

Please, for the love of god, not another fucking sci-fi corridor.

No one wants to see another fucking sci-fi corridor with trapezoid shaped doors, a mesh floor and fucking pipework running everywhere.

Do a room or other part of a building that has a specific function - the corridor is such a cop-out because it's easy. But it's fucking boring.

Seriously - junior / student artists producing sci-fi corridor scenes is becoming a fucking joke at this point.
>>
>>546584
I'm just in a spot where I don't have a clue about what to create, I really want too try some environment art in Unreal Engine. Any project ideas?
>>
>>546589
why not the bridge? engine room? medbay? all better than a glorified hallway.
>>
File: 133278_1344225211_large[1].jpg (501KB, 1600x926px) Image search: [Google]
133278_1344225211_large[1].jpg
501KB, 1600x926px
>>546434
>>546567
>It is for a corridor scene, space ship like.
I RECOGNISE THAT CORRIDOR! Straight from Andy Price Blender tut.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym6IL0gUR6I
>>
>>546584
wrong.

stfu.
>>
>>546755
yeah it's a pretty overdone thing
sci-fi corridors, guns, and mirror sculpted aliens and monsters
>>
>>546753
/a/ recognizes bulges
/3/ recognizes scifi corridors
>>
>>546773
It's more commendable than recognizing gay blowjobs and buldges in my opinion.
>>
>>546777
I don't know man Recognizing bulges out of the whole sequences going on is pretty impressive. An eye for finer details.
>>
File: 1483628425132.jpg (8KB, 283x255px) Image search: [Google]
1483628425132.jpg
8KB, 283x255px
>>546589
Brother trust, go to the history/high res parts on this site or even reddit, find some cool as shit from the past and make it. Sci Fi is pretty cooked atm.
>>
>>546434
>rubber tire
>>
>>546755

I think someone's working on a big ol' showreel full of different variations of sci-fi / spaceship isn't he?
How's your mesh-floor game coming along anon? Got yourself a nice little library impractically shaped sliding airlock doors in the works? I'd love to see your lighting setup for the whole sci-fi corridor tradition of 'way too fucking dark considering people are supposed to be walking through this fucking place all day'.

Corridors are the good shit anon. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise: People fucking LOVE looking at corridors, they can't get enough of it. Keep it up.
>>
>>546592

This.

>>>why not the bridge?

Yeah - the bridge is where all the important technical shit happens on a ship - can imagine a lot of interesting detail going on there.

>>>engine room?

Good call. All that technical impressive machinery moving around and creating all sorts of sparks and smoke. That'd look great.

>>>medbay?

Interesting - imagine all those robotic surgical devices, super hi-tech body scanners and stuff. I'd love to look at that.

>>>glorified hallway

NOW YOU'RE FUCKING TALKING. The corridor! The part of the ship that's intended for.... walking through! I can see SO MUCH opportunity for interesting stuff happening in there, everything from 'walking' right up to... get this... RUNNING!

I can see it now:

mesh floor....

trapezoid shaped doors....

and of course:

PIPEWORK. FUCKING. EVERYWHERE.

I'm preparing to have my mind blown already.
>>
>>546589

Start off with a scenario or a setup or just a little bit of context, rather than a space you wanna create - then let the the space you end up creating be determined by the scenario.

Example:

A) Who's on the ship?
B) What's *normally* supposed to happen on that ship?
C) What's happening on the ship *right now* to make the story interesting?
(Hint, without C - there is no point in this movie/game existing being made).

Suggestions:

A) Deep-space mining operatives
B) Transport vessel to move blue-collar manual workers back-and-forth between interplanetary mining/excavation sites.
C) A fucking lethal killer alien has gotten aboard and is fucking EVERYONE'S shit up.

Then - with that scenario in mind, it's not hard to imagine what the ship would look like and what sort of parts of the ship you should try to create, and what sort of design approach you should take.

I mean, It's not gonna look all regal and and fancy like Queen Amidala's ship in the Phantom Menace is it? It's also not gonna look spotlessly clean and efficient like the Enterprise either.

Just.... don't do a fucking corridor for a fucking anonymous spaceship whose function and crew is completely unknown. It's a boring, unimaginative cop-out.
>>
>>546794

Here's one for you that I just up with now.

A) Interplanetary politicians, diplomats and dignitaries: intellectual, non-physical, highly paid people, as well as their security and support staff (body-guards, assistants, waiters, cleaning staff, as well as the ships crew).
B) It's supposed to be a diplomatic forum like a space-station version of the UN; a neutral meeting place intended as a forum to settle interplanetary disputes and debates before they turn into wars. All sorts of personnel carriers / shuttle vehicles have to move on and off this space-station regularly. A lot of high-profile VIPs visit it.
C) An enormous terrorist attack has occurred on a nearby planet which is now unsafe to land on. The space station is having to be used as a makeshift hospital for injured parties who managed to escape the planet just in time. The place is in chaos.

Model a room on that ship. Like, a round-table debating room which is now being used as a refugee hostel, full of the dead and dying.

Or do a fucking corridor, that'd be just as interesting, I guess.
>>
>>546796
pls just stick to 3d, not to writing. You suck cock at it (both, probably).
>>
>>546796
That honestly sounds interesting, but difficult/unfeasible to pull off for a one-off scene if you're not already an experienced artist. There are much easier environments or situations to model that would be equally interesting. (And I don't just mean easy as modeling difficulty, but as actually conveying what the fuck is going on to the viewer).
>>
>>546797

Let's hear your ideas cocksocket.
>>
File: a76f56910800e85eebaa665431465d90.jpg (274KB, 1135x721px) Image search: [Google]
a76f56910800e85eebaa665431465d90.jpg
274KB, 1135x721px
>>546799

It's a mistake to think you have to take a large idea and produce a large piece from it. You don't.

You just have to take it as a start point in order to give whatever you chose to do some level of personality. With a scenario in mind, you could model something as basic as a staircase or ok... a corridor I guess, but it will, if you gave yourself a context to work from, have a personality. Always.

I mean, for the sake of argument, just imagine the corridor that you would see in the scenario depicted above - looks pretty different to the corridor of Nostromo in Alien, doesn't it?

>>>conveying what the fuck is going on to the viewer

Don't be a pussy. I mean, how hard really would it be to convey what was going on in that scenario to the viewer? It wouldn't. Imagine an official looking high-tech room, like a court-room or something like that. Then, distress the place: knock chairs over. Blood stains on the floor/wall. Oxygen bottles and breathing masks. Bloody bandages. A medical drip still standing beside a conference table which obviously had a dead body on it a moment ago.
In the background we see a large panoramic observation window showing the blackness of deep space and a few basic parts of the space-station's exterior that are visible from the inside.
Right there, if that image were done properly, anyone who has seen more than two sci-fi movies in his entire lifetime will have no problem getting some idea of the setting and what's going on, just from that one image.

Take a look at pic related. It's one image of an interior - and yet from it, we can tell what kind of space it is, when it is set, what kind of thing happens in there, and the kind of people that use the space.

Or, as I said, you can keep doing fucking corridors. Up to you.
>>
>>546803
>random syd mead gauche masturbation pic
everyone itt is laughing at you. The corridor was much better than this blade runner concept crap from that old hack
>>
>>546804

I know. Syd Mead was fucking terrible. Everyone was glad when he died. Same with Ralph McQuarrie. Fuck those amateurs.
>>
>>546805
he was an irrelevant old creep who worked on some of the most overrated media in the last times
>>
File: Syd-Mead1.jpg (623KB, 2133x1043px) Image search: [Google]
Syd-Mead1.jpg
623KB, 2133x1043px
>>546805

Nope can't do it. I can't even pretend to rag on Syd Mead even for the lulz.
The guy was a fucking master. No one else will ever be that good again. Kill yourselves, now.
>>
>>546806

I agree. He was an old creep even when he was in his 20s.
>>
>>546809
>this weak bait
>>
File: fuck_off_youre_boring.gif (496KB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
fuck_off_youre_boring.gif
496KB, 500x220px
>>546810

Fuck off now.
>>
>>546812
do you have anything of substance to say irt the corridor or syd mead? If not, kys
>>
>>546813

1. Corridors are cool. That's where the hero runs through and shoots people that get in his way. This is the main part of any movie, therefore the corridor is the most important part of any set-design.
2. I can't name a single movie syd mead worked on.
>>
>>546814

Post something better than syd mead, I dare you faggot.
>>
>>546815

Pic related. Now stfu
>>
>>546815
anyone that uses digital and not gauche is objectively better
>>
>>546817

Finally someone who gets it.
>>
Pic related
>>
>>546820
>getting this butthurt
>>
>>546820
lmao
>>
>>546816

There are people in this thread who actually, seriously, think this is good.
>>
>>546823
at least its original
>>
>>546816
this is good. it's not mind blowing, but it's pretty damn cool.
>>
>>546825

Ok... the trolling, both soft and hard, itt is approaching Inception levels of meta.

I'm going to get a curry.
>>
>>546816
>>546826
wtf there is nothing wrong with this.

this could easily be part of a well plotted sci-fi horror fps.
>>
>>546827
this. You could do so much with that mesh.
>>
>>546827

Yeah, the repeated uniform handles on the wall are a real nice touch, and fwiw those feature lighting strips running along the floor and pointing upwards are actually really clever.
The hazard-marker texture on the door just takes it over the top. It's subtle nods to realism and familiar things like that which really knock solid concept work out of the park.
>>
>>546830
have you ever been in a real hallway?
>>
>>546844

No. I was born in a warehouse. I have never left the warehouse. I have no need to do so.
>>
>>546845
?

why are you still defending some old fag?
>>
>>546846

I have no idea what you are talking about. I was just talking about my what it's like here in the warehouse. (It's nice).
>>
>>546820
>disappointed_and_slightly_disgusted.jpg
kek

corridor's just aren't that interesting as stills. they really need context for anyone to give a shit. when they're interesting it's usually because some unspeakable horror awaits someone on the other end and presents a flight or fight scenario.
>>
>>546847
that gauche fag is like your gay god or something and you cant accept that he was never good at design. Always easy to identify a hack like syd mead, Even low tiers like ben mauro are superior
>>
>>546849

....I was just sharing my experiences of the warehouse dude.
>>
>>546851
kill yourself you autist
>>
File: bce.jpg (78KB, 586x720px) Image search: [Google]
bce.jpg
78KB, 586x720px
>>546848

Why is everyone hating on corridors now? Talking shit about fucking concepts and work having 'personality' is the gayest thing I've ever seen on the 4chins. Fucking cancer itt.

These fags trying to tell us corridors are boring all of a sudden are the same artfag hipster SJW cancer who read Polygon and dream about sucking Anita Sarkeesian's dick.

Pic related
>>
>>546852

Why are you so upset with me?
>>
>>546854
>>
>>546854
don't take it personally anon, his mom was killed by a box.
>>
>>546856

By 'box' do you mean 'alcoholism'?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.