[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

Can someone explain occulus medium and why things need to be "made" VR acceptable with some kind of elaborate process instead of just realizing we're already working in 3d space?

Like can I export any model from maya and look at it in VR? Why can't we map the cursor and the left mouse click button to the vr controller and just use zbrush? We're already in 3d space. We should just have zbrush vr, why have the medium app?

Im clueless about this so just let me know. I take it that we do need a 360 and 3d camera but like the viewport can already do that in any program.
>>
File: List_2016-12-05_20-38-52.png (3MB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
List_2016-12-05_20-38-52.png
3MB, 3072x2048px
Because implementing the Oculus or OpenVR SDK is probably a bit more involved than you think. Also licensing (openvr is not open).

Medium is nice because it's built from the ground up to work with Touch and be accessible to a broad audience, it's a powerful tool but it's not designed as a professional tool. You can make beautiful shit in it though.
>>
>>545968
Projection is different obviously, so something needs to translate the geometry to fit that.

Then there is the issue of the view being relative rather than always fixed like a monitor's viewport. For example in VR you should be able to look away from something but still interact with it if it is in range.
>>
>>545976
>openvr is not open
oh the irony
>>
>>545979
>be able to look away from something but still interact with it if it is in range.

But you can do that in common CAD and 3d software. I can move the viewport wherever in Rhino and still modify geometry
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.