[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long time 2d painter(wanna learn 3d). started teaching myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: nub.jpg (346KB, 1906x1006px) Image search: [Google]
nub.jpg
346KB, 1906x1006px
Long time 2d painter(wanna learn 3d). started teaching myself blender recently.

gotta question..how do I merge my layers into one object?
>>
Those are not layers, it is the hierarchy of your scene and its content, so objects. You want to join the different objects into one, you can do that by selecting your objects and pressing ctrl+j. But know that the object will still be made of several distinct parts. It may or may not be ok, following what you want.
>>
WHATCH A GOOD DAMN TUTORIAL FOR FUCKS SAKE

WHATS EITH THESE RETARDS WHO DONT EVEN TRY TO LEARN THE BASICS FIRST.
>>
>>544204
faggot stfu. I will physically beat the shit outta you kid.
>>
>>544175
Ctrl + J
>>
>>544204
Ooga booga indeed
>>
sorry my thread got bumped. wow such noob I was 6 days ago , and having already clocked over 50 hours in blender I feel stupid looking at this thread :(

>>544204
okay you're right I'm a retard :D
>>
>>544236
>joking
>>
>>544236
Better watch out, an anonymous person who posted the literal most obvious question (How do I convert to poly from primitive) is going to beat up another anon. Why does this board even exist
>>
>>544948
great contribution to a thread that does not need to exist. moron.
>>
Is there anyway to create a new mesh after extruding a region in edit mode?

I'm trying to add different textures to certain regions of my mesh. Or do I need to create different meshes for every part of my model in order to add numerous textures?
>>
>>544958
>I heard pros lurk and occasionally help noobs.
>>
>>544960

Pros don't use blender
>>
>>544964

> pro's dun uth blenda duhh duh

But pros are versatile with software. thanks for another dumb contribution. didn't even help.
>>
>>544964
Objectively false. Many upstarts are using Blender as opposed to shelling out tens of thousands for Maya.

Maya is the standard now. In ten years it'll be Blender (at least in the games industry).
>>
>>544175
Press A to select all your objects and then press Ctrl+J to join them.

You'll have just one object but when you enter edit mode, you will still have the meshes separate.

https://youtu.be/-FPxBfj_nbY?list=PLQmcvHjGUS16JV_M_FPgxJZkoDPEpaWtk

I'm working on a series of videos that are short and straight to what you need. If you keep a look out I'll be uploading videos with shortcuts to help you with things like this.
>>
>>544970
thank you for the opportunity to promote yourself.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.