[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need you guys! >in blender >space hallway scene >trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

I need you guys!
>in blender
>space hallway scene
>trying to add lights to the hallway
>use emission shader
>gigantic amount of fireflies
>what am I doing wrong???
>>
Congratulations, you've just discovered why no one likes raytracing
>>
>>543719
Yeah I know :'( I'm not good with point or spot lights. And I was going off Blender Guru's tutorial on creating the space corridor. I have no idea how to light that scene
>>
its because you are using cycles

use luxrender

use biased path opencl and you should decent results
>>
also low lights equals more noise and longer render times

its best to make the scene as best lit as you can and then tone it down using the compositer later.
>>
>>543726
Thank you, I will try out luxrender. Where can I get it from?
>>
>>543728
just google the it and the website will come up
>>
also make sure you go to the camera settings and change this to this
>>
>>543715
>everyone telling you to use Lux

Or, instead of spending time learning some other renderer that will give you problems, you could learn Cycles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81k22ijYiIw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oveSskhIEAc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovb425IWQis
>>
>>543759
>problems
like what?
luxrender is far superior to cycles.
>>
>>543760
>>543759
both lux and cycles are dogshit.

try render engines that were designed by real graphics programmers that had budget to work with.
>>
>>543715
Toy with clamp, reflection, and caustics in the light path tab in the render properties action. I too have had to wrap my mind around this and these seem to be the best paths to getting a clearer tender. Also... finish up the tutorial. Iirc, it ends up telling you how to go in and clean up the render.
>>
>>543772
Yeah I will, but I hit a huge fork in the road when I trying the emission shaders. Would increasing the reflectivity of the meshes help with the fireflies?
>>
>>543759
>Not learning multiple renderers
Andrew pls go away.

>>543764
At least Lux kind of has an excuse. It is just developed by people who do it in their free time. But Lux is still better than Cycles
>>
>>543862
Not necessarily. Though it will provide more grounds for light to bounce around in the scene. Cycles does poorly in indoor scenes with low light. You could increase the crud out of the samples and still come out with fireflies for days. I would take the reflective bounce and other light path properties down a ton and slowly add back more of needed. Do this and add in your more reflective material. If you are wanting bloom or flares add those in post processing.
>>
File: EngineRoomWIP4.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
EngineRoomWIP4.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>543715
What do you have as your render settings?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.