[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what softwares do you own? I've only bought Zbrush

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: CF27rYAUMAEAoxn.png (84KB, 600x415px) Image search: [Google]
CF27rYAUMAEAoxn.png
84KB, 600x415px
So what softwares do you own?

I've only bought Zbrush
>>
why buy when you have cgpeers? fucking idiots
>>
It is really pointless to buy big products like these unless you're a big company and actually return a bigger profit from the results of the products. Because most people just use it for training or hobby and just post screenshots to their blogs.
>>
Lys
>>
Ive bought substance painter 1/2
got everything else on das cgpeers.
>>
I buy all my software from reliable vendors such as CGPeers
>>
How would zbrush devs find out that you've pirated it if you only generate normals and stuff using it
>>
>>542514
>"only generate"
do ho ho
>>
>>542514
Zbrush encodes a watermark with your userID within the textures.
>>
>>542498
You're an idiot if you don't do commercial and/or freelancing on the regular. The smaller products I can understand, but unless you got a student discount on it, your money was ill wasted. That being said, everyone should buy their software if they go into commercial projects or freelance and etc. Let's not be indians, shall we?
>>
>>542520
Why is it called "indians", btw? Is it because of pirates and indians?
>>
>>542521
I use indians loosely. I'm sure a lot of indians also actually buy their software but people from foreign countries tend to utilize pirated copies. My use of the word indian is a loose label for the foreigners who pirate copies, though it's not like the West doesn't pirate either. They just don't pirate as much.
>>
>>542523
no, I can confirm. I am from India and pirate everything lol.
>>
>>542524
now that tpb, kat, etc are gone what do you use just curious
>>
>>542498

I bought 3D Coat. I use Hexagon but I got it when Daz was offering it for free so I technically didn't buy it.
>>
>>542524
That makes me chuckle heartily. I assume you use cgpeers then?
>>
>>542525
Nice try NSA
>>
File: 1479693189674.jpg (15KB, 363x363px) Image search: [Google]
1479693189674.jpg
15KB, 363x363px
>>542518
prove it or youre lying out our digital ass
>>
Does cgpeers still open sign ups
>>
>>542900
first and fifteenth of every month
>>
>>542904
Cheers
>>
>>542498
ZBrush, Marmoset, and Quixel. I'll never pay for Autodesk, their software is such trash.
>>
>>542514
Copy I had crashed after 30 minutes consistently. I assume there's a DRM feature of some kind that constantly checks for a legit license.
>>
I bought ZBrush because I hate the idea of risking my computer to viruses.
I got all my autodesk software by pretending to be a student.
>>
only way you gonna get caught is if you have a COMPANY that don't own any licenses and sell stuff.

this also apply to freelancers but those who have an e-shop, personal clients won't care
>>
I own a copy of Blender, kek.
I bought Quixel.
>>
>>542498
I got zbrush, but I'll admit, I still don't really know what to use it for. Right now I'm just learning blender, and downloaded zbrush just because I see people here mention it so much. What do you use it for, in relation to modelling?
>>
>>543885
for sculpting organic forms
>>
I bought a few gumroad maya plugins, they are reasonably priced and actually useful in everyday workflow

i pirate all the megacorp software there, i.e. autodesk, zbrush etc. they make bank with 100+ user company licenses, im a nobody to them anyway
>>
X-Particles
>>
>>543885
zmodeler... just youtube it, you can pretty much boxmodel in zbrush. it's new and people are kinda in denial, they cannot wrap their heads around that it's possible to model in zbrush,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4jOgAgeRKM
>>
>>542501
>It is really pointless to buy big products like these unless you're a big company and actually return a bigger profit from the results of the products.

The people who make and sell characters for DAZ models using ZBrush have made back their investment.
>>
Quixel but not Photoshop.
>>
blender

i was given a license by the blender foundation to produce and sell 3d models
>>
I 'own' Photoshop and by that I mean paying that way too expensive subscription.
I also own a student license for rhino.

The other student stuff is free but Rhino cost money for some reason
>>
I use Blender; bought Substance Painter/Designer.
>>
>>544736
Just curious, would any of the Quixel suite work with Photoshop Elements? Anyone tried that?
>>
>>544849

Isn't Elements pretty much free of all the painting stuff? Never had a copy...

But yeah if you can't use drawing or painting tools, you're gonna get very, very little use out of Quixel Suite.

That said, I think the backwards compatibility of QS is supposed to be really great - don't quote me on this, but I think it supports Creative Suite 2, which is of course free from Adobe, so, there's no reason to not go for QS really.
>>
File: Capture.png (65KB, 665x456px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
65KB, 665x456px
>>544849
>>544853
Quixel is very dependent on masking layers and the whole layer and blending mode hierarchy. So if Elements dose not have a the same full featured layer system and like the anon above said, the drawing and painting tools, then I would bet on it not working.
But yeah also like the anon above said Quixel has good backwards compatibility, this tweet seems to confirm CS2 support.
Anyway I got the freelance license when it was on sale, which it almost always is, and I don't regret it in the slightest.
>>
i bought 3ds max 2015 and zbrush and photoshop
>>
>>544872

It's a smart move on their part - invest in making your software function on the FREE version of the host application = profit.

I approve of this, Quixel.
>>
File: 1031167-modologo.jpg (8KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1031167-modologo.jpg
8KB, 400x225px
I got for the indie versions of stuff. I find them affordable for my hobby because I've outgrown jumping through hoops to pirate.

I used to pirate as much as I can because there was so much to learn and so many programs with strengths and weaknesses. Now, if I can't be arsed to pirate a program, I just won't try it at all.

I used to model in maya for school, but got converted to modo, especially now that maya can be rented only.
Modo indie was cheap and awesome.

Also own 3d coat indie because it was much cheaper than zbrush for sculpting, and it is prolly still the best for retopologizing.

Just bought syntheyes a few days ago because the free version of nuke doesn't include the tracker.

I only keep a pirated maya with v-ray for rendering.

Tried Substance designer at version 3.0 and loved it. bought it and still prefer it over substance painter. Only have substance painter 1.0 for free because I got in the beta. Dont like it enough to purchase.
>>
>>546761
I just saw some manual retopology in 3Dcoat. Seems so time consuming compared to zremesh or 3dcoat's own automatic retopology, but I've been fighting with zremesh so much and coming so close to perfect topology, but always with some deal breaking flaw somewhere, no matter the amount of guidelines or how strong I make em. I wonder if it ever gets good enough to use, or if manual retopo is still pretty much required for something like a character.
>>
>>546769
Blender has the best retopo. Learn the hotkeys.
>>
>>546770
which ones besides extrude and merge.
It looked like the 3D coat manual retopo also adhered to the base model, brush tool looked pretty nice
>>
>>542498

i own:

>>542498

i own:

Autodesk 3ds Max
Autodesk Advance Concrete
Autodesk Advance Steel
Autodesk Alias SpeedForm
Autodesk Alias Surface
Autodesk AutoCAD
Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture
Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D
Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical
Autodesk AutoCAD with Advance Steel
Autodesk Bridge Design for InfraWorks 360
Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate
Autodesk CFD Connection for Pro/ENGINEER
Autodesk Drainage Design for InfraWorks 360
Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate
Autodesk Fabrication ESTmep
Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate
Autodesk Geotechnical Module
Autodesk Helius Composite
Autodesk HSMWorks Professional
Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate
Autodesk InfraWorks 360
Autodesk Inventor Engineer-to-Order Server
Autodesk Inventor Professional
Autodesk Maya
Autodesk Moldflow Insight Ultimate
Autodesk MotionBuilder
Autodesk Mudbox
Autodesk Nastran
Autodesk Navisworks Simulate
Autodesk Plant Design Suite Ultimate
Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate
Autodesk ReCap 360 Ultimate
Autodesk Revit Architecture
Autodesk Revit ETO - Developer
Autodesk River and Flood Analysis Module
Autodesk Roadway Design for InfraWorks 360
Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional
Autodesk Showcase
Autodesk Simulation Flex
Autodesk Simulation Mechanical
Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Flex
Autodesk SketchBook Pro for Enterprise
Autodesk Softimage Entertainment Creation Suite
Autodesk Stingray
Autodesk Studio Wall
Autodesk Urban Canvas
Autodesk Vault Basic
Autodesk Vault Office
Autodesk Vault Professional
Autodesk Vault Workgroup
Autodesk Vehicle Tracking
Autodesk VRED
Autodesk VRED Professional
Autodesk VRED Render Node
Autodesk VRED Server
CADdoctor for Autodesk Simulation
Enterprise Multi-Flex Enhanced Bundle
Enterprise Token Flex
mental ray Standalone
RealDWG
T1 Enterprise Multi-flex
T1 Enterprise Multi-Flex Standard Bundle
>>
>>546775
you have bmesh and i forgot another plugin
anyways, manual retopo is always the safest route, you don't want to fuck up your retopo by speeding up the process
>>
>>546837
thanks, I'll look into blender plugins a bit more
>>
>>542498
Zbrush, SAI and Opencanvas.
My original version of 3ds max is dated from 1997 - 3ds max 2 with character studio.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.