[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help me please 3ds max users!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: halp.jpg (491KB, 873x1758px) Image search: [Google]
halp.jpg
491KB, 873x1758px
Lets see if you guys can help where reddit probably wont. Maya user here using max for the first time and run into a wall... how the blooming bloody heck do I do this in max?
>>
>>541074

the black & white maps are obviously alphas... I need this in one material applied to the model using different UV sets - only I have no idea how to do it in max and I cant find anything online for the technique of doing this...

The closest ive got is make three materials and then a multisub object to combine them into one however this means reading the colour map three times which I dont want... I think..... who am I?.... going mad.
>>
Crate uv unwraps of the sections you want and then create the textures and render them in engine like unity unreal marmoset rage ect that way you get a better render and have all the maps separately done.
>>
>>541074
youtube how to set up multiple UV channels for different UV tiles (so you can use tiled maps and lightmaps) and export your model as FBX
>>
>>541074
Use a multi/sub-object material and assign the different parts with their respective material IDs in the Edit Poly panel. You want to mix them though, you'll need to do it with the Slate material editor nodes. For using multiple UVs, check out Map channels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X3Z6iZiQtA
>>
Add multiple UVW Map/Unwrap UVW modifiers and assign them to different map channels. Create the three different materials you need and assign their alpha textures to the different map channels. Merge the materials into a single Multi/Sub-Object Material, apply it to your model and assign each face the correct Material ID.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.