[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I ran out of ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: DeleteThis1.png (2MB, 6631x4320px) Image search: [Google]
DeleteThis1.png
2MB, 6631x4320px
You have some halfway decent work on this site and I was hoping someone would have some ideas to share.

I'm working on a PET project during my free time in college trying to create a science fiction esque Grappling Gun. After editing and reediting multiple times, I have simply ran out of ideas of what to edit.

This is just the model and I will be adding quite a lot to it but for the overall look, what are your opinions? What should I add that I haven't? What looks good what doesn't? Thank you for your input
>>
sigh...

what you 3D Negroes don't understand about design for a designer/engineer standpoint is a simple rule.

anything you design whenever its a gun, a rifle or even something that would never exist have to be practical in design.
the more crap you have on your gun, the worse you are as a deisgner.
>B-BUT MUH SCI FI DESIGNS
if you knew anything about design you would also know that something like a gun need to be lightweight and the features like safety and slide release have to be concealed as possible.
i mean even crazy designs like the XM29 are better than your sci-fi guns because it serves a purpose.
even a gun like the FNH 45 got turned down by the military because it had too much crap on it. and its a high end gun you can only dream of.

same thing with those bigass robots or those scifi android that have all these screws and bolt that really serve no purpose.
>>
I never said I was an advanced designer or even good at this. I'm in college, this is one of my first projects in 3D CGI.

I should clarify, this is NOT the final model nor the one that would actually be implemented. This is a high poly model that is going to be baked as a normal map on a lower poly model

How can I make it look cool but have less detail?
>>
>>539398
if you want reference material for sci-fi check out fox3d (artists for subnautica) or robert hodri (id software)

also look for pre 2000 mecha designs and notice the difference
>>
Thank you for the reference, can you clarify what you mean by "mecha"?, Are there good sites for reference material?
>>
File: 1477305613763.gif (231KB, 800x508px) Image search: [Google]
1477305613763.gif
231KB, 800x508px
>>539405
>doesn't know mecha
>is doing sci fi designs
Are you actually 10 years old? Mecha = mech = big ass Japanese robots designed to kick massive amounts of alien ass while simultaneously being impractical and convoluted as fuck solely for the visual design. Other countries have their own variants with other design purposes as well. For fucks sake there is a board on 4chan dedicated to mecha.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.