[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this fine show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: knights-of-sidonia-1.jpg (178KB, 1440x585px) Image search: [Google]
knights-of-sidonia-1.jpg
178KB, 1440x585px
Thoughts on this fine show?
>>
Started good, went nowhere. Got bored with it. Definitely Tsutomu Nihei's most boring work.
>>
manga is way better
>>
>>537488
Blame trailer looks promising. I am waiting for this for over 10 years. Lets hope it will be good.
I quite like that fake 2d 3d look, the biggest problem is the low quality animations (in the show)
>>
File: spider people.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
spider people.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>537482
>>
>>537482
There's parts that look decent enough.
My biggest problem with the CG is the robots. The entire show runs at a good fps the whole time, but when the robots show up they look like they're animated at 15 fps. It clashes really hard. Eventually I got past it, but it was still pretty jarring. Some of the effects and designs were pretty interesting if I remember correctly. I feel like a lot of the story was missing from the show. I didn't read the manga, but the story of the show seemed pretty barebones and more focused on the bigger events.

Granted, the last time I watched it was a few years ago so I could be remembering wrongly, and I have no idea if the 2nd season ever came out. If it did, hopefully it was a bit better, and funded better.
>>
>>537583
it glosses over a lot from the manga
>>
>>537602
That's what I figured. A lot of the characters didn't seem really fleshed out at all. Which is pretty strange given the fact that it's a series and not a movie. A lot of the characters were just generalizations and tropes.
Granted I don't think Netflix really tried anime at that point and they were just playing it safe (or the studio, or whoever was in charge if at all).

Still it was alright. Kind of forgettable though.
>>
>>537482

Ajin is the better the show.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.