[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Decide my future.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: thinking-future-26925155.jpg (91KB, 1300x1390px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-future-26925155.jpg
91KB, 1300x1390px
Hey /3/ im a 20 yo about to end a degree in 3d animation

I'd really like to work in the industry but i know it is saturated right now,
I get some good money until im 26 years old, that means i have the time to get a second degree/master.

i'd like something that could help me get in the industry easily, was thinking about programming or optics.
What would you recommend me to take?

PS: im not interested into making a lot of money, I just want a stable job.
>>
File: 1473148170446.jpg (24KB, 400x270px) Image search: [Google]
1473148170446.jpg
24KB, 400x270px
10,000 hour rule
if you have 6 years to flounder then try everything at least once.
once you know what's what then pick something you find fun because youll be doing it every day.
the only think that will get you into the industry easily is if you take that skill you made with 10000 rule and turn it into an art.
or just know someone because in this industry you'll be working contract to contract so making reputable connections is a must if you aren't the best
>stable
oh, go work at Walmart because it's go big or go home
>>
Unless you're ridiculously good in 3d animation, I'd recommend spending the next 6 years just building your portfolio.
Animation is more about what you can do, vs what you know.
People are going to want to see your portfolio+demo reel over everything else. Your degree is just icing on the cake.
Getting a CS degree will help with scripts/game dev/whatever if you want, but that's really up to you.

Also, if you wanted a stable job, you picked one of the worst industries for it.
>>
>>537399
Thanks for the tips
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.