[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone happen to have rips of the model/animation files

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: elph.png (390KB, 622x320px) Image search: [Google]
elph.png
390KB, 622x320px
Does anyone happen to have rips of the model/animation files from Guilty Gear Xrd... either Sign or Revelator? I know they are out there and available, but the small few I could find were in the archaic as fuck .psk format. Blender import rips their rigs apart and has some poly sloshing and fucks everything up.

Hoping someone happens to have them (specifically looking for Elphelt or Ramlethal Valentine) in a more usable format (3ds, maya or even fbx I would be happy with).

I'm wanting to get the mesh data to see if I can rebuild the shader logic myself in UE4 for a technical challenge
>>
>>536083
>Does anyone happen to have rips of the model/animation files from Guilty Gear Xrd... either Sign or Revelator?

You can rip them yourself via http://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel (I assume you need the game or the relevant game files though)

I swear there's an XNALARA model on DA but I couldn't find it

It's pretty unlikely you're going to find a fully working rig; you're gonna have to put in the work yourself.

>>536083
>I'm wanting to get the mesh data to see if I can rebuild the shader logic myself in UE4 for a technical challenge

I don't think that's going to be possible, so your best bet is to devise your own solution based on these techniques:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhGjCzxJV3E

If you're using Blender you're probably going to want to use the Custom Normals add-on along with Blender Internal's toon shading (cycles toon shading is pretty unworkable)
>>
>>536090

> You can rip them yourself via http://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel (I assume you need the game or the relevant game files though)

Sadly I own the PC version which, as far as I can tell, stores the game files in a different format than one umodel will pull from. All the discussion about Umodel discuss using the Ps3 version of the game for the source assets.

> I don't think that's going to be possible, so your best bet is to devise your own solution based on these techniques

Definitely not until UE4 pushes the forward renderer in 4.14 or gives us even more granular control over the lighting system, but it's certainly capable of getting similar effects, especially since a lot of the key points are in how the model is uv'd and the custom normals. Could probably get pretty close.

Worst case scenario, do it in Unity where you can completely change out the lighting system.

Either way, would just have been something fun to play with :(
>>
>>536083
I think .psk is all you're going to get them in, because that's what umodel spits out.

I believe I was able to rip them using the PC assets a while back, but can't remember the exact process, sorry OP.
I think it had something to do with decrypting their files, and then running it through u-model.
U-model definitely did not accept the base .upk files.

Also, if you use Gildor's ActorX Importer for 3ds, the rigs will stay intact.
I faintly remember there being some shitty weird duplicate mesh clipping shit going on, but that could be fixed fairly easily.

Wish I could help more. Good luck.
>>
File: ramlethal.png (130KB, 1647x855px) Image search: [Google]
ramlethal.png
130KB, 1647x855px
>>536094

I happened to find one random forum post that had a full Ramlethal set, mesh psk and anim psa. The ActorX for maya 2014 actually works and I was able to get a mesh in WITH animations! Hype!

Now if only I could actually find the .psa files for Elphelt and I'd be in luck
>>
>>536096

So the Elphelt mesh I have is properly uv unwrapped and I can just slap the many .tga files on her, but the Ramlethal is not which means I need to unwrap and try to decipher how they wanted to do it.

Blows my mind that the one with animations is missing unwrapped uvs, the one with uvs is missing animations.

Why are people so incapable of just exporting correctly
>>
>>536097
where did you got it anon?
>>
>>536102

http://kiteazure2014.tumblr.com/post/116919531841/i-share-my-ramlethal-valentine-model-rip-feel-free

Didn't have any other rips that I could find, but it's possible that they are on there.
>>
>>536103
i look into it.
thanks anon
>>
>>536104

Yea, good luck! If I try to extract the .upk files from the PC version using Gildor's UModel or the extractor/decompressor, I get "Wrong tag in package", and the only solution to that seems to be "well use the right packages."...

thanks internet
>>
Found a single post on leddit about a decrypter for the PC version... and the post is deleted.

The mirror for it is gone as well
>>
>>536107

Found the decrypter on another forum, but if you go that route to extract, you end up with the raw .AnimSet files and .SkeletonMesh that UModel doesn't know how to parse
>>
File: elphmaya.jpg (109KB, 1056x804px) Image search: [Google]
elphmaya.jpg
109KB, 1056x804px
>>536108

Oh! Run the upk through the decrypter, get the .upk.decrypted out, remove the .decrypted file extension and run THAT through UModel and you can export! I've now got .psa and .psk's for elphelt!

Imported to maya and it all works. Needs some cleanup but I can go from here
>>
>>536109

Well there's nightmare fuel.
>>
>>536109
For the love of god assign that face diffuse to the ambiant color channel, or make a toon shader
>>
>>536117

I don't really know Maya, it was a struggle just to get ANY material assigned :) Maya is only a stopgap anyway, next step is to export this as FBX and bring into Unreal or Unity and see how close I can get a shader to the proper style
>>
>>536109
You should render this with physical materials instead of toon.

Then post.
>>
File: T2Am3wf.png (551KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
T2Am3wf.png
551KB, 960x540px
Mostly exported. Still a lot to clean on the model, but the mesh and animations export nicely. Got them imported into UE4 and even with the basic smooth shader, actually looks nice.
>>
>>536149
would benis :)
>>
File: suntemplepilots.jpg (435KB, 1906x1034px) Image search: [Google]
suntemplepilots.jpg
435KB, 1906x1034px
>>536083

Got a handful of animations extracted and built into a character in UE4... she walks and runs. No jump yet, but I've got the animations.

Need to fix up some of the frames for blending but otherwise nice and smooth.

I should see if I can extract some of the levels themselves
>>
>>536092
>stores the game files in a different format than one umodel will pull from
nope. What made you think that?
>>
>>536083
I started 3d after I saw this game, :v untill then I was not convinced that 3d can be really stylized
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.