[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Commissioning A Project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Hey /3/,

I am looking into starting a series of animated videos on Youtube where each episode features different characters with different storylines following the pace of a musical composition by lesser known artists to help spotlight creativity from different genres. I plan on funding this endeavor completely out of my own pocket. How much would it cost to have a professional 3D sequence done the involves a fight scene and about 4 minutes long? Where would be a good place to get in touch with someone who can do this for me? Im moving to Texas soon and will be close to the Rooster Teeth HQ and I've thought about getting in touch with them but the whole idea itself is in preliminary stages.
Pic not related
>>
Ask around. polycount/etc.

Price will depend on a lot of factors. Scene complexity, original assets etc.
>>
>>534914
Okay thank you! I am I credibly new to the world of commissioned projects and only just required the resources to get started. What does original assets mean? Like how many objects they animator has to create themselves? Also who owns the rights to the characters, the animator or the one with the character idea? Any talking points I need to cover?
>>
What does original assets mean?
it means 3D models and sound made by an artist for you and not bought off the internet which everyone else has access to. a good example would be unity store.

>Like how many objects they animator has to create themselves?
animators don't create assets, its the 3D modelers therefore you have to hire 2 people for the job (atleast).
>Also who owns the rights to the characters
the person who paid for them, the artist still holds certain rights to his work like for example. you can't sell the artist work under your name if its not part of the project.
>Any talking points I need to cover?
there are 2 ways to do this. either by fixed rate or by hours. whatever you choose make sure the said artist is living in your country so you can sign a legal contract. if you decide to do this id imagine it will cost a little bit more money since it requires a lawyer
>>
>>534908
You can't afford it.
>>
>>534929
I am legally able to write my on contracts. It's what my job is. If it requires two people I might as well learn 3D modeling myself or make it a 2D animation. I just think 3D would be nicer is all.
>>534938
I make 6 figures a year and just finished paying off all my debts and have stopped taking on new ones. My new calculated budget for my lifestyle only requires 50k giving my an extra 50k to fund entrepreneurial investments and my forays into artistic medium. I'm not super worried about money, I was just wondering what to expect
>>
>>534966
You can't afford it.
>>
>>534966
you want high tier art right? so it means you have to pay for high tier guys.
those won't work for peanuts. you have to respect that.
you have another problem which is concept, which requires a concept artist.
you could potentially dodge all of this by contracting a studio to do this for you, but the work won't be as good as 3 professionals that are freelancing
>>
>>534966
>If it requires two people I might as well learn 3D modeling myself or make it a 2D animation.

Don't be retarded, did you build your own house after learning it took more than one person?

Do you really want to spend YEARS to learn how to 3d and animate to then try to work on projects that will take 6 months to a year to do by yourself?

A 4 minute fight scene (assuming it's not Stickman-tier 3D characters on a white background) is the kind of project a GROUP of 3d students do as their FINAL PROJECT
>>
>>534968
Fair point. And I didn't expect it to be cheap, but I also thought it would be unreasonable to say it's out of my price range
>>534979
I didn't mean I would animate. But if I started learning 3D I could at least create my own original assets right? Then they would animate it?
>>
>>534989
give me a picture of a model you would aim to create, quality wise. and ill tell you approx how long it will be until you will be able to do it
>>
File: alpha_9_by_anthonyscime-d5dt1zj.jpg (220KB, 900x1500px) Image search: [Google]
alpha_9_by_anthonyscime-d5dt1zj.jpg
220KB, 900x1500px
>>534991
This is pretty close to what I was thing, except I want it to be a smoother design and look more unisex. Give it to me straight doctor
>>
>>534991
>>534993
Like I don't need the texture of a fabric, I want the surface to be more like the head
>>
>>534908
>Rooster Teeth
I hate them. There was an American Asian guy who made a 3d animated series with Poser who bragged about making a kid's show.
Most all mainstream entertainment is over the top politically correct uninspiring junk food garbage for children to teach them to remain dependent on authority - government/corporations.

So finally companies like Rooster Teeth expand entertainment beyond the corporate politically correct censorship, and what do these companies do with their new creative freedom? Mimic more over the top politically correct uninspiring junk food garbage for children to teach them to remain dependent on authority - government/corporations.
>>
>>534994
if you use a basemesh. maybe you can have someone do that for you for less than a hundred bucks

shouldn't be a problem
>>
>>534995
I liked RT a lot more at their humble beginnings, though I will admit I've been impressed with their 3D work and motion capture. Especially for an amateur studio. Plus like I said I'll be right next to them so I don't think it will hurt to ask
>>534996
That's not bad at all.
>>
>>534908
if you're budget is 50k a year, that's like, one person. One person doing all of the work that you want done isn't happening guy
>>
It would be helpful if you passed any contact info
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.