[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to create realistic render

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: biurko.jpg (487KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
biurko.jpg
487KB, 1920x1080px
Just created model of my desk. I want it to look more realistic. Any suggestions?
Soft used: 3ds Max + Mental Ray
>>
>>534871
I thought it was a 'post your battlestations' thread before I actually read the post. Looks realistic man. Just the organisation of props looks uncanny. Maybe add some dust, glass stains, scratches etc.
>>
File: biurko2.jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
biurko2.jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
Thanks for reply. I will try to add some stains and scratches for some objects. Meanwhile I created more objects and change the perspective. Unfortunatelly after render i saw some mistakes in the second render (low AA, too short curtain and deformed monitor stand). Also i think reflections of the furniture is set too high. Can't decide to shot only desk or my whole room. What do you think?
>>
Nice work.

I find reflections are a bit too high.
The screen of the phone seems a bit too luminous to me.
And I find the wall a bit strange on the second picture : there are some uncanny round patterns + the junction between the shelf and the wall don't look very good

>Can't decide to shot only desk or my whole room.
Why not both ? They are both interesting

Post your next versions, that would be cool
>>
>>534871
Paint some dust on the table, monitor stand etc.
Add some stains (e.g. by texturing the reflection roughness of the table).
Maybe make the lighting on the background wall less uniform (it seems like there's just white backround on first look).
>>
I have that same mousepad. If you want it to look realistic then it needs to be dirty, especially where the wrist would be sitting. It should look faded in that area
>>
>>534871

Set dressings are important. Even neat people will have some clutter. Papers or notebooks on that shelf in the desk. Stuff on top of the credenza. Post it notes, etc on the desk. It's all the small touches.

It's like when you watch a TV show with bad set dressing and you can just tell by looking at it that it's a set, that nobody lives there because it doesn't look lived in.

Your set is too sparse. It doesn't look lived in. Dress it up a bit more.
>>
Excellent work Anon! Hey if you're looking to render realistic stuffs, may I suggest checking out an IKEA catalogue. I heard that most of the images are renders, maybe you could refer to it in terms of areas that needed more details or object arrangements and stuffs
>>
what it gave it away was the speakers and the fact that you use low samples

i know its more convenient to just slap a material on the speakers and call it a day. but you have a good thing going with the light just tweak it a little

i see even pros like andrew price just slap materials on things, it pisses me off
>>
>>534871
>Realistic
Put windows 10 on that and add a keyboard and mice so that pc can actually be used.
>>
>>534871
there should be rings on the table from where the dumb cunt didn't use a coaster.
>>
Shiet!! I have these speakers :D
and It's kinda like my curse I have them like 10 years
they are 5-1 but they have descent sound so I kinda never upgraded
>>
>>534871
Look up a pbr material workflow for mentalray. The textures need more work and a little tweaking can go a long way.
>>
>>534886
this

i was wondering why i knew it wasnt real and the reason it's that its just too clean and perfect
like a dream
>>
>>534871
Too clean, everything is perfect af. Flaws are what makes things real.
>>534887
Think real, everything in the scene needs a purpose, a story even. For example that chair totally break the realism for me. Commit to the project and make everything that belongs in the scene and dont just throw in stuff you already had in your asset library.
>>
>>534871
Pretty clean, doesn't seem realistic in the sense of use. But I like it.
>>
>>534871
Also study some good arch vis renders. You'll notice differences in those to yours.
>>
>>534871
Would you be bothered if I saved this image and used it to post in /v/ battlestation threads?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.