[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sketchfab

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 3dp_sketchfab_logo.jpg (14KB, 280x260px) Image search: [Google]
3dp_sketchfab_logo.jpg
14KB, 280x260px
What are your thoughts on the model viewing site Sketchfab? Have you uploaded your 3D models to it?
>>
>>534746
>What are your thoughts on the model viewing site Sketchfab
its good. you can add your own hdri and backgrounds
>Have you uploaded your 3D models to it?
yes
>>
>>534747
Is it safe to upload too? I'm not sure how people rip models from games but it seems they can get models from about anything now days.
>>
>>534751

Yup you can rip from it, this is why people should just concentrate on making models of known properties.
>>
>>534751
you can only rip a model if you enabled download
>>
>>534746
Sketchfab is amazing and is the way of the future. I pity the fools making renders, when you can post your stuff in full 3D
>>
>>534758
>>534757

And get it stolen ?

If the model is in your GPU, anybody can grab it, download option or not.
>>
>>534757
>>534761
It can be ripped, friend was a Java coder and he ripped a shit ton of the models uploaded. This was before they upped their security and rippers were broken, but I'm sure he could do it again if he tried hard enough. As of right now your models are relatively safe from most people, it's not a huge deal breaker but just be aware of these negatives. It's a good way to display the models, and it's a nice program.
>>
>>534762
So all the work of getting a model isn't worth the time of extracting it then?

Sounds like Sketchfab is pretty aggressive about model security.
>>
>>534768
Not exactly; someone competent will be able to get the models with some hassle but ultimately successful. Sketchfab was put on blast because some artists got pissed they found out it was super easy to download models with simplistic rippers, so they upped their game. If you're competent, you will be able to rip the models. Your models are still relatively safe, just know some people have the ability to build better programs and rip your stuff.
>>
>>534769
I see, Thank you for the info! It was very helpful.
>>
>>534746
>What are your thoughts on the model viewing site Sketchfab?
best 3d browser for models ATM, with competition from marmoset viewer on its back.
>Have you uploaded your 3D models to it?
Yes
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.