[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3D w/ Photo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled-1.jpg (1MB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
1MB, 3508x2480px
I want to join photography and 3D into one thing.
Create a 3D scene or object and put it into JPEG via Photoshop.

I drew an example. I would like to make this into 3D. I have little bit of knowledge of modeling, so modeling the models itself won't be a problem.

My question is how to make it look realistic? I suppose you should add textures to models, then some kind of lighting into the scene and so on...

I have only the knowledge of modeling the models, but I need to know what are the other steps to making it look realistic.

Can anyone please help me?
Thank you.
>>
well just look up lighting and shading tutorials with whatever program you use.
a little tip for you figure out with which camera stats the jpg was taken. so you can set up the same camera in your 3d program. this is important in order to match the lense distortion.
>>
>>533668
Thank you for your reply!

In my knowledge right now, there are 3 things to make 3D scene look realistic :

1) Modeling
2) Texturing
3) Lighting

Am I correct ?
>>
>>533669
>2) Texturing
shading

and rendering
>>
>>533670
What rendering is exactly?
Is it making 3D scene into a real image? Realistic image ?

And what are the phases of rendering? Or is it just a final click, and if you've done Modeling, shading and lighting correct, rendering should also be correct ?
>>
>>533671
>1) Modeling
Defining your geometry with polygons
2) Shading
Defining how your polygons interact with light
3) Lighting
Defining lighting conditions and their properties
4.) Rendering
Defining how the software is generating your 2D image from all the information above

>is it just a final click, and if you've done Modeling, shading and lighting correct, rendering should also be correct ?
depends on the scene, though if you're shooting for photo-realism be prepared to spend quite a while playing with sliders
>>
>>533674
Thank you very much for the answer!
>>
>>533675
also register to cgpersia forum to download all the software you need
>>
>>533671
Shading is essential, but if you're rendering with a third party renderer such as Octane or Vray the shader is just called a "material". You can find free materials all over the place but you can also create your own. You can then optionally add your own textures to these materials to add detail. You can also adjust many settings on these materials using sliders, dials and a sort of nodal programming language in which you hook up different operator nodes to create a unique effect.

So in most renderers -> Shader = Material
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.