[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it hard to get good at 3D?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (31KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
31KB, 470x313px
How long does it takes to be good and to find a job in 3D industry? I know theres factors like how much youre dedicated, or talent, or how much you study, that stuff. But in general, how long you guys think you will be able to feel like a professional at modelling or animation?

Do you have a job? How long you waited until you got that job? Months? Years?
>>
5 yrs to get into the industry as entry lvl artist, if you are a 8/10 artist. 10yrs to really get good and establish yourself. There are my personal experiences and observations. Its not really fixed to begin with. Heavily depends on what your specific field is.
>>
3 years- some competant but still make mistakes here and there

5-6 years - pretty ballin, mid tier artist but getting his grips in the industry

10 years- mastery achieved
>>
>>533273
suprisingly accurate - just by watching tutorials you get knowledge, but experience is a bitch in this industry - you MUST go through few years of shit till you know answer for 99% situations / problems that might happen to you or your teammates - then you actually start matter - after 10-12 years working in industry at full-time monkey, usually its time to go full freelance, because companies will start looking for you, not the opposite way. It doesn't mean it will be easy, but its totally doable and you can make a decent living out of it.
>>
>>534305
Any of you guys do side commissions for a few bucks?
>>
>>534318
Sorry, nope. Sometimes i tend to do freebies for people/indie teams as teaching materials, but in terms of commisions, its not worth money - Im Poland-based artist, 1h of my time costs around 30USD after you make currency exchange - its not that big, considering USA-based artists with 12+ years of experience can take 50+ usd per hour of their time.
>>
>>534318
i think only character artists successfully freelance
now with all the "world" packs engine get environment artists are obsolete to small companies
>>
>>533238
git good is directly relative to the user's skill and creativity. Skill can be improved. Creativity ultimately determines how good you are.
>>
>>534322
What kind of work do you get hired to do? Characters? Environments? Props? For games or movies?
>>
>>533238
I do character animation and lookdev and work in the US. It took me nearly three years total (two years of 3D), although I didn't apply for jobs until it was near the three year point. After applying it was about two weeks until I got a job.

But it's really variable and depends on the person.
>>
>>533273
so 3 years with decent enough talent to find an entry level job?
>>
>>536004
3 years is hardly enough
id say do 200 models and see if you apply to industry standards
>>
>>534318
By a couple bucks do you mean $40 / hr?
>>
>>536004
Took me 3 years of school to land a long term tv show gig. All depends on your skill level. Watch some tv show for 5 year olds, that is the minimum skillset quality wise.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.