[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My question is pleb tier, yet scholars can not answer it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: fuck my life.png (164KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
fuck my life.png
164KB, 1366x768px
i'm a newfag to the 3d scene and a budding Blender user who has a problem. i was getting into a beginner blender video tutorial and all was fine and dandy until the person doing the tutorial got to the Transformation Manipulators section of Blender. I have come to find in particular that the Rotation Manipulator in particular is problematic for me. i can't constantly select it, when i try i have to do it like 8 times and let the red&white cursor ring appear all over it before i can select the damn thing. i have been doing this for half and hour and this seems like a problem that i should resolve before i get in to deep and get fucked over. so /3/, am i just stupid or do you have any solutions for me to fix this? Like a way to make the rotation manipulators bigger so that they are easier to select?
>>
>>530722
Press "R" instead.
fuck the rotation manipulator.
I use the 3d gizmo instead, and even then I'm just moving with "G".
>>
>>530723
thanks for the input anon, i seriously appreciate it
>>
>>530722

Click and drag
- on outer white circle to rotate around view axis
- on inner white circle for free rotation
- on red circle to rotate around X axis
- on blue circle to rotate around Z axis
- on green circle to rotate around Y axis

When pressing Ctrl while clicking and dragging: rotate in increments
When pressing Shift while clicking and dragging: precise rotation

You simply have to click near the circle lines.

But pressing 'R' is generally faster.

Fun tip:

After pressing R
- press Z, X or Y to rotate along that axis (twice for local axis)
- press Shift and Z, X or Y to exclude that axis from rotation (twice for local axis)

(this also works with G (movement) and S (scaling)
>>
>>530735
Also, pressing r twice activates rolling.

That was almost a completely unintentional barrel roll meme.
>>
File: User prefs.png (142KB, 1492x595px) Image search: [Google]
User prefs.png
142KB, 1492x595px
> Ctrl + Alt + U
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.