[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Siggraph

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: et_16_winner.png (831KB, 1071x691px) Image search: [Google]
et_16_winner.png
831KB, 1071x691px
Step right up! Witness the incredible, amazing, and astounding Shrinking expo. Watch as the major players no longer have booths and instead have rooms to show their talks. Gaze upon the missing Pixologic and immerse yourself in the job fair which now only has Blizzard and small VFX companies (one even back from the grave).

Is the changing global economy? possibly the commoditization of an art form? Nobody knows, does anybody care? If you're not in the industry you better know somebody high up because there's a snowball's chance in hell you're getting in.
>>
Some shit going on I hear, I'm working for a small studio right now and with each passing day it seems it's getting harder and harder to find jobs.
>>
>>530571
meh, I think you might be spelling doom too easily. demand comes and goes and it also depends on what kind of work you're looking for. what's wrong with small companies? it doesn't mean it's still not a cool event, and the rooms are fine. I don't know what you do but I know several people who've recently found jobs and aren't stellar artists or anything, and they weren't the result of extreme nepotism. I dunno try to free yourself from this 4chan type of negativity and think about how to adapt instead.
>>
Competing against cheap vfx houses in 3rd world countries is the cancer that killed the big studio's. Unless you have legit geniuses working for you pushing technology. You're fucked.
>>
It's coming. Just like in the IT world, all our heads down art tasks are gonna be sent to overseas houses and finished/managed domestically. TPP will allow for cheap Chinese animation houses. Big studios are already "working in collaboration" with China. That's the beginning of the end my friends.
>>
>>530593
And the only jobs left here will be the people managing those cheap studios, quality checking and sending back revisions. Look at Disney's move to offshore IT and have the departing people train the incoming H1B workers. If they can find a way to do that with art, they're going to do it in a heartbeat.
>>
Still cool event. walking around noticed that a lot of schools dept heads/prof have solid connections with studios which i get the feeling that the hiring process is now school>internship>job
it looks like an Art Education Industrial Complex
also didnt see gnomon or animation mentor but this is really a technical conference that artists hijack
>>
STOP SHOWING THIS MUTANT GINGER NUMALE EVERYWHERE
SICK OF IT ALREADY
>>
File: 1352869616104.jpg (1MB, 3175x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1352869616104.jpg
1MB, 3175x3000px
>Watching siggraph stream
>Speaker has not given permission to stream this content

WHAT ARE THEY HIDING?
>>
Siggraph pretends it's a gathering of intellectuals enthused about all things vfx, but in reality they're basically a show to sell shit technology. And I say shit technology because of the horrendous quality of articles that come out of that shit show. Just look at Pixar's papers. Those people live in a bubble and can't even say the slightest thing original-- the can't present an accurate study.

People are waking up to the fact that Siggraph ain't worth listening to.
>>
>>530635
>People are waking up to the fact that Siggraph ain't worth listening to.

never cared about it. it was big player toilet anyway. the real shit is going on in areas around the shows where people meet each other and sign contracts.
>>
File: acb.png.jpg (2MB, 1000x2660px)
acb.png.jpg
2MB, 1000x2660px
>>530593
>>530595

That's why you assholes need Trump.
>>
>>530598
Honestly that is how I got my current job.
Finished internship and got hired, all thanks to school connections. I'm pretty sure there's at least 100 people better than me and more qualified for the job, but I did the internship and got hired. That's the way it goes.
>>
>>530611
Yeah the hair is the worst thing about the animation, honestly.
>>
>>530682
What's wrong with the hair?
>>
>>530682
Honestly the camera tracking with the most annoying to me.
>>
>>530693
It looks fake, like doll hair.
>>
>>530635
Siggraph always has some great talks when you're interested in graphics programming though
Doesn't matter to me if talks I don't care about are infested with sjw / nu male shit
>>
>>530806
>sjw / nu male shit
But Victor is a fucking white male.

Also he isn't balding so until more of the story comes out then we can't really say he's a nu-male.
>>
>>530810
>a fucking white male

I hope you mean "Fucking a white male."
>>
>>530593
The TPP's shit, but China isn't part of it.
>>
Competent programmers didn't lose their jobs to Pajeet yet, competent 3D artists shouldn't lose their jobs to Prajesh.
>>
>>530810
What the fuck does balding have to do with being a nu-male you insecure faggot
>>
>>531150
Have you ever seen them before? A lot of them are in their 20s and are already balding. Or are you just upset that you're prematurely balding and you're being lumped in with them?

Because you getting mad at a statement about balding people makes you sound really insecure.
>>
>>531184
every nu-male ive had the misfortune of meeting has a full head of hair and more often than not its that fucking shaved on the side bird-on-top looking shit.
my confusion is why you'd try to say that something uncontrollable/genetic that affects appearance (hair thickness, skin color, etc) has anything to do with a by-choice ideology.
insecure is lumping an ideology onto people that don't look like you with no factual backing.
>>
File: pjll4Qq.jpg (355KB, 1273x1288px) Image search: [Google]
pjll4Qq.jpg
355KB, 1273x1288px
>>531218
I was going based off of this and most of the shit I've seen in the internet since I've never has the misfortune of meeting a nu-male in real life.
>>
>>531231
>encyclopedia dramatica
>"i get my opinions online"
are you a 14 year old? get the fuck off the internet
>>
>>531243
>Getting an opinion from the only exposure I've seen from it

Gee, who'd of thunk it, huh?

Stay buttmad, nu-male.
>>
File: 1336164827022.gif (651KB, 500x422px)
1336164827022.gif
651KB, 500x422px
>>531243
>>531246
Shut up and kiss already.

You're just confusing the nu-male with the social justice bitches with the pink fashion model hair.

Nu-males are beta because they're insecure quivering vagina's, their early balding is usually one of the reasons. That doesn't mean early balding makes you a nu-male.
>>
>>530571
>incredible, amazing, and astounding Shrinking expo

the SIG in SIGGRAPH stands for "special interest group"
3D graphics was a special interest when SIGGRAPH was founded, now it's a multibillion dollar commercial industry aimed at commodity hardware which no longer needs to meet once a year to pretend technical papers are the draw.

> the vendors: gone
SIGGRAPH needed them more than they needed SIGGRAPH, and most discovered it made more sense to hold their own conventions and keep all the money. It was not in their best interest to be situated near their competitors. SIGGRAPH != E3
Also, the purpose of a trade show is to be able to see something in person you can't appreciate in a promotional video, like industrial equipment or advances in materials manufacturing, and then report it back to the guy who paid for your conference ticket, travel and hotel room. MAYBE you get the opportunity to ask changemakers questions that help differentiate product.

SIGGRAPH harkens to a day when you HAD to hold a convention in order to have a meeting of the minds of thousands of people interested in a topic's development and future because there was no other way to do it (teleconferencing? lolno).
>>
File: kill me pete.png (659KB, 830x430px) Image search: [Google]
kill me pete.png
659KB, 830x430px
Why the fuck does the mascot (or whatever it is) in the op look like he's on the brink of fucking crying?

Like god damn, it's like someone abused him and his life is just being abused and shooting heroin. Then he invites you over and you see something's wrong, but he's acting like nothing is wrong.

Like fuck, their mascot is a man who is literally dead inside.
>>
>>531376
just watch the movie, it was blender's eurovision entry this year

also he's crying because they had to cut most of his scenes leaving it as a story from the sheep's point of view
>>
>>531378
I watched the movie.

It only makes me more confused.
I'm convinced I was right. But there's only the "part1" of the movie, so I guess I won't know.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.