[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transfer 3D model from Blender to Unreal 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: teddy bear.png (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
teddy bear.png
2MB, 960x540px
I made a teddy bear model with hair material in Blender. Whenever I export the model into .fbx file and made Unreal 4 import it, UE4 just imported the mesh but the material. How can I fix this ?
>>
>>530315
you cannot transfer materials because they are different rendering systems
>>
so, do I have to make the material on UE4 seperately ?
>>
long story short
you cant.
>>
>>530315
if you want fur or hair in an engine I would suggest poly plains with alpha maps
>>
>>530322
yes
>>
File: 1459611393473.png (513KB, 600x782px) Image search: [Google]
1459611393473.png
513KB, 600x782px
>>530315
>wanting to transfer something with a hair particle emitter to a game engine
>>
>>530315
OP, this thread is full of people saying "No" but no explanation of why, so here's why:

Firstly, let me say you need to learn to crawl before you can walk, let alone run.

If you understood Blender UE4, game engines in general, 3d software conventions in general, you'd understand why wanting to use that particular tutor4u model is a bad idea (basically you could do it, but it would take more work than you know how to do right now).

First of all, the hair isn't a Mesh (aka a model, aka a collection of coordinates in space forming a series of triangles) though you can Convert to Mesh in Blender but if you did that you'd get a tremendously high poly model.

In Blender a Material is a kind of description for how to programmatically or procedural or dynamically color something and how light should interact with it.
It's basically a Shader though there's some technical different that some sperg might get upset about, but the point is you can't just take a Material in Blender and put it in UE4 because it's software specific.

HOWEVER, Textures are not, textures have all the information (and I don't just mean the color information, there's also height maps, normal maps, specular maps, and so on) that can be Baked from your model, and this will give you something that will look right (more or less) between different software.

Keeping doing tutorials, do one specifically for importing a model into UE4, then come back to this in a year and see if you can come up with a clever way to approximate the fuzzy teddy bear in UE4 using a decimated / low poly model with details baked from the high poly, and various texture maps to approximate the bumps and glossy fur
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.