[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YO how the fuck do you focus on a certain object in 3ds max so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: th[1].jpg (5KB, 300x251px) Image search: [Google]
th[1].jpg
5KB, 300x251px
YO
how the fuck do you focus on a certain object in 3ds max so every time i try to rotate around the object my camera dosn't go all over the fucking place cause me to literally lose the object on my screen. SHITS SO FUCKING ANNOYING!

like in zbrush if you alt + right click on any part of the model your camera rotates around it.
>>
>>529672
I think period on num pad
>>
>>529673

MA NIGGA
>>
>>529672

So much this

I don't consider myself a noob anymore but this shit is so anoying, and I only recall being able to change it once but I don't recall how
>>
>>529672
Its f on maya and logic would dictate that it would be the same with 3ds considering they are from the same company, but i doubt it.
>>
>>529672
someone wants to tell me same key in Maya? :D
>>
>>529685
> >>529683
>>
Is this a troll thread?

Or have you skipped over every intro to 3dsmax tutorial ever?
>>
bump i need help with this too
>>
If you didnt change any keybinds, press Z to center your viewport to the object.
>>
who is the retard that made this?
in maya and zbrush you can easily rotate the camera using the objects as a pivot, 3dsmax is fucking annoying
>>
>>529672
press the z key
>>
>>532211

I remember this thread.

I'll say it again, have you skipped intro to 3dsmax tutorial ever?

Because it's literally one button, in fact that one button gives you several orbit options. But fuck you, learn to google.
>>
>>532211
It's literally no different to zBrush and Maya. IN zBrush you have to click to focus, in Maya you have to press F to focus. IN Max you press Z.

How anybody is this retarded, and so shamelessly makes a post on /3/ about it instead of simply googling it, is beyond me.
>>
>>532256
>>532254
>>532211

i just googled it as a test and non of the threads that came up were for what OP asked

i googled "how to focus on a object in 3ds max" and "how to pivot on a object"
also added "camera" in there and nothing.

they're all about the actual camera tool
>>
If you aren't trying to orbit around an object and just rotating, I've noticed that I have issues with being in an orthographic view and trying to rotate. Try using perspective or that rotating box thing at the top right (haven't tried it yet).
>>
File: image.png (70KB, 648x790px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
70KB, 648x790px
>>532258

Try harder next time
>>
File: retard.jpg (347KB, 650x811px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
347KB, 650x811px
>>532258
It's depressing how autistic some people are despite not actually being autistic.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.