[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>AutoCAD is like 20 years old and is still by far the most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

>AutoCAD is like 20 years old and is still by far the most popular tool for architecture and industrial design

>"state of the art" "BIM" software Revit isn't even capable of chamfering a corner and literally punishes you for importing CAD geometry

>tfw forced to use this piece of shit program

Pic related; something that never fucking happens in Revit because everything looks like ass.
>>
AutoCAD came out in 1982. It's34 years old.
>>
Revit is a great program.
Are you sure you are not an idiot?
>>
>>522665
Okay, smartass. Try to make a curved object that is bending (Iike a potato chip or a chair seat) and has rounded corners. If you know how to use Revit, you won't even bother wasting your time because you would know it's impossible to have a form like that without importing geometry.
>>
>>522661

>AutoCAD

Pig disgusting, but I say it from mechanical engineer perspective. Don't understand why people still use it, nearly everything it does comes as in-built features in other programs.
>>
>>522661
autoCAD is stil only popular becuase large companies fall for the autodesk meme and get serious discounts and priorty tech support for their sped employees cos they buy like 50 subs worth of it

tell me one fucking thing you can do in autocad that you cant do in sketchup and layout

also autocad fucking retards that go to school for architecture then never learn how to make their models properly so its just lines on top of lines then when you try to bring it into any program to make a 3d model of it they look like shit, and the original designer just goes "hurr i didnt know there was so many lines there sorry!"

fucking

cancer

shit on my assa

revit is good too
>>
>>522661
>that hideous "architecture"
>>
>>523843
autocad is for 2d
btw, autocad is more commonly used in engineering, rather than architecture
>>
File: 1402597061444.jpg (50KB, 599x599px) Image search: [Google]
1402597061444.jpg
50KB, 599x599px
>>523843
>>
File: ass.png (559KB, 1920x1041px) Image search: [Google]
ass.png
559KB, 1920x1041px
>>522667
curved elements are in fact one of the major functionalities in revit
>>
>>523843
Sketchup is garbage and has garbage interactability with other software.

It's not a real CAD application. All it does is make a poly mesh and hide the wireframe from you. When you export this to any other application it looks like garbage, and rightfully so.
>>
>>525034
heard 1 house was built had walls to 560 directions
>>
File: concrete2.jpg (130KB, 667x500px) Image search: [Google]
concrete2.jpg
130KB, 667x500px
>>525140
this 1
>>
Worked in a practice last year, where we did one project just in Revit and another in AutoCAD, 3DS etc (i.e "the old way"). The second method required exactly 3 times the amount of time and twice the number of people. It's so fucking stupid.
>>
>>525319
Revit is good for shitting out a set of drawings as quickly as possible, but it's not so good for modelling complex objects. Especially in families (excluding the massing families, which have features that permit creating more complex forms).
>>
>>525326
Just make it in Rhino and import it m8. Also, most of the people crying about Revit's inability to create "muh complex form" are meme-tier Gehry wannabes.
>>
>>525349
I'm not a memer, I know you can use import geometry as guides fot walls and roofs by face. I just was working on furniture families where the client requested the maximum amount of precision. In those cases, it's not so easy. Like I said, half the problems would be eliminated if autodesk implemented proper chamfer corner functions into revit that actually work so I don't have to spend hours trying to make a void sweep only to realize it's never going to cut.
>>
>>525349
This. Structural engineer here.

We use rhino + robot (or other Fe) + revit to crunch designs without dicking around, and to deal with design changes quickly and efficiently.

The only gripe is that autodesk Jews you into their environment like apple does.

Fuck that.

Also. No one gives a fuck about Pringles chairs or whatever. Do some real work.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.